Thread: Macy's market value cut in half ($11B) since cutting ties with Trump, Trump brags

Macy's market value cut in half ($11B) since cutting ties with Trump, Trump brags

He just likes to massage his ego at every chance he gets:

Donald Trump: Macy’s was ‘disloyal to the country’

Shoppers walk into a Macy’s department store at the Hanover Mall in Hanover, Mass., in this July 10, 2015, file photo. Macy’s is cutting up to about 4,800 jobs after disappointing holiday sales. The company also listed Wednesday, Jan. 6, ... more >

The Washington Times - Thursday, January 7, 2016

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump took somewhat of a victory lap Thursday over the news that Macy's would be cutting or reorganizing thousands of positions and closing more than 30 of its stores, saying the company was disloyal to him and to the country.
    Mr. Trump said Thursday they were “very disloyal” to him.

“It’s not a big thing for me, but still,” he said on radio host Laura Ingraham’s show.
    Macy's announced last summer that it would no longer sell Trump brand menswear in the wake of Mr. Trump’s presidential announcement speech, in which he said Mexico was sending drugs and criminals over the border.
    At the time, Mr. Trump said he was the one parting ways with the retail giant.
    “You know the funny thing? Had they left those ties and shirts, they would be selling like hotcakes today,” he said Thursday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...loyal-country/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good. This is what happens when you mix business with Progressive activism. If only the same thing would happen to Hollywood studios and companies like Viacom.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Eh the one here locally is about the only place to get nice work tops for me at a decent price. They overbought on winter clothing, though, by a LOT. You would have thought there was an October blizzard coming... then a November one... then a December one.... I don't think I've worn anything warmer than a hoodie (two days) all winter so far. Long sleeves and heavy pants and knee-length jackets are currently populating the Clearance racks.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Good. This is what happens when you mix business with Progressive activism. If only the same thing would happen to Hollywood studios and companies like Viacom.
    Trump is making money off of his Progressive activism.

Nordstrom has fallen by a similar amount. Department store stocks not doing that well in general (been getting hurt by more online shopping). https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...dstrom%20stock

"...saying the company was disloyal to him and to the country."

o_O

Just a glimpse of what is the future for those that don't genuflect for Trump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nordstrom has fallen by a similar amount. Department store stocks not doing that well in general (been getting hurt by more online shopping). https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...dstrom%20stock
    I'm sure Trump must have played a part in that somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He just likes to massage his ego at every chance he gets:

Donald Trump: Macy’s was ‘disloyal to the country’

Shoppers walk into a Macy’s department store at the Hanover Mall in Hanover, Mass., in this July 10, 2015, file photo. Macy’s is cutting up to about 4,800 jobs after disappointing holiday sales. The company also listed Wednesday, Jan. 6, ... more >

The Washington Times - Thursday, January 7, 2016

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump took somewhat of a victory lap Thursday over the news that Macy's would be cutting or reorganizing thousands of positions and closing more than 30 of its stores, saying the company was disloyal to him and to the country.
    Mr. Trump said Thursday they were “very disloyal” to him.

“It’s not a big thing for me, but still,” he said on radio host Laura Ingraham’s show.
    Macy's announced last summer that it would no longer sell Trump brand menswear in the wake of Mr. Trump’s presidential announcement speech, in which he said Mexico was sending drugs and criminals over the border.
    At the time, Mr. Trump said he was the one parting ways with the retail giant.
    “You know the funny thing? Had they left those ties and shirts, they would be selling like hotcakes today,” he said Thursday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...loyal-country/
    Totally unlike all of the other POTUS wannabe candidates.

lol what a crock of $#@!

there are macro trends wholly unrelated to trump's boycott that are tanking macy's

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    lol what a crock of $#@!

there are macro trends wholly unrelated to trump's boycott that are tanking macy's
    You dare to doubt the potent virility of Il Duce?

Reported for disloyalty.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic