Thread: On anniversary of Charlie Hebdo attacks, did police just kill an unarmed man with "wires"?

On anniversary of Charlie Hebdo attacks, did police just kill an unarmed man with "wires"?

In the fog fear, did French police just kill an unarmed man mistaking a phone charger/ headphones with "fake suicide vest"?
    Although US media is not controlled, below details of witness accounts describing unarmed victim are being left out in Fox and other US media reports.

Man with fake suicide vest killed by Paris police

Published: 07 Jan 2016

• Incident occurred on anniversary of Charlie Hebdo attacks

15:22 - Police examine mobile phone
    Police are believed to be examining a mobile phone found on the body of the man who tried to get into the police station in the Goutte d'Or. THe task of working out his identity may take a while given that he had no identity papers on him.

15:14 - Police cordon reduced
    Things are starting to return to normal in the Goutte d'Or with the police reducing the wide cordon around the police station. Businesses that had been told to pull down their shutters are opening up again and residents who live in the streets around the police station are being allowed to return home.

15:00 - 'Everyone is extremely nervous'
    A woman who witnessed the shooting has spoken to reporters.
    She was visibly shaking still, hours after she saw the man getting shot as she was walking by the police station.
    "The police shiouted"back up" and he backed up, raised his hands," she told those gathered, including the local.
    "He started to back up and then moved toward them. They fired 3 times. There was a woman next to them who screamed. Police were shouting. It was shocking."
    "They were many people walking by, children, the elderly. Someone was injured. I saw the emergency teams put them in their truck.

"France is becoming too frightened. Everyone is extremely nervous at the moment.
    "Apparently the had wires hanging out.... that Could've been me, look, my phone charger is sticking out of my purse.

"It's the first time that I saw someone on the ground, shot and killed.
    "The police were very aggressive. They told me 'shut your mouth, go home' even though I am a resident and have the right to know what was going on."

14:53 - Witnesses dispute the fact man was armed
    Several witnesses interviewed by BFM TV have suggested the man who approached police was not armed.
    One woman said: "I was on my way to the post office and there was man and police were shouting at him to get back. He lifted his hands then he stepped towards them and they fired three shots at him.
    "People say he was armed but he wasn't at all."

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160107/brea...ation-in-paris

Related

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some might call it the latest instance of suicide by cop.