Thread: The Big Short (Movie)

The Big Short (Movie)

Has anyone seen The Big Short? Was it worth it?

FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, it is worth it. I haven't seen anything like it in a long time, if at all. It is a mockumentary style film, the actual "trueish" story is more a backdrop for the characters, though some of the characters are based on real people.

I LOL'd at the 2 real estate guys.
    Last edited by CPUd; 01-04-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yes, it is worth it. I haven't seen anything like it in a long time, if at all. It is a mockumentary style film,
    Probably similar to Countdown to Liquor Day
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

[QUOTE=Mach;6087274]Has anyone seen The Big Short? Was it worth it?

Yes, and yes ($5).

People were saying it was great, I guess because it showed the general population some reality.

Thanks
    FJB

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    People were saying it was great, I guess because it showed the general population some reality.
    lol, Wall Street was completely unaware of the consequences of their actions, wink, wink. They had no idea the gov will bail them out when they drove over the cliff.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes.

Meh. Good for speculators for being treated well in a sense.

See; JT's review.

Depending on the knowledge you bring to it, The Big Short — as entertaining as it is — can be extremely misleading. Not wrong. Just incomplete. Anyone who tries to sell an explanation of the 2008 financial crisis that does not mention the Fed is no more trustworthy than a trader who offered to sell you an MBS at top dollar in 2007.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

If no FED is mentioned, I don't think it's worth spending 2 hours on.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    If no FED is mentioned, I don't think it's worth spending 2 hours on.
    Greenspan and banking is mentioned quite a bit.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Greenspan and banking is mentioned quite a bit.
    Not in a way allowing an average Joe to connect the dots.

I liked it.

Isn't it funny how even within Wall Street there are people that are disgusted with it?
    FJB