Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on The Late Show w/ Stephen Colbert 1/6/16

Paul tried to sell Colbert pot backstage... LOLOLOL!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great interview. He set himself a part from the other candidates on FP while effectively hitting Trump, Christie and Hillary. Funny interview, even if you are not a Rand fan, I think it left people wanting more. It ended too soon, it was more riveting than the Seinfeld interview or the other interviews he did today. Good chemistry between him and Colbert.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was a good and entertaining interview, I just wish Stephen didn't cut him off at the very end. I think Rand wanted to seriously discuss the drug laws. He was joking with Stephen but was starting to transition to serious talk but they had to go to break and end the interview. Good none the less, I enjoyed it

Colbert's show is terrible. I thought Rand killed it but the time with guests is far too short. Even the Seinfeld interview (monologue not withstanding) seemed short and just cut off.

Rand's best interviews in my opinion are on the comedy shows. They really let his wit shine through.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Was a good and entertaining interview, I just wish Stephen didn't cut him off at the very end. I think Rand wanted to seriously discuss the drug laws. He was joking with Stephen but was starting to transition to serious talk but they had to go to break and end the interview. Good none the less, I enjoyed it
    This was great television. I think anyone watching was thinking he got cut off too soon and wanted to hear where Rand was going. Maybe a good thing, since people will be on their computers researching Rand's positions after seeing it.

Looks like Colbert did not have a choice, the show ran over before Rand and now only a music act was left after the break.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Colbert's show is terrible. I thought Rand killed it but the time with guests is far too short. Even the Seinfeld interview (monologue not withstanding) seemed short and just cut off.
    Yeah that's really a common complain on reddit/lateshow. Part of the reason why I haven't watched as much late show as I did the Colbert show is the content is mostly fluff/sponsored. Its like 3 minutes of interviews then they basically leave right away and you get 27 minutes of commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerssuck92 View Post
    We need this Rand Paul back

I had no idea that Rand was so involved in the 90's. The first time I ran into him was at a Ron Paul Rally in Kentucky in 2008. I thought that was when he started to become a public figure. It's clear from these videos that he was a chip off the old block going way back!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I had no idea that Rand was so involved in the 90's. The first time I ran into him was at a Ron Paul Rally in Kentucky in 2008. I thought that was when he started to become a public figure. It's clear from these videos that he was a chip off the old block going way back!
    Started a taxpayer group right out of med school. Also wrote this stuff in college.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...Vyp#.ae60GpVRp

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    He stood in for his dad back in '84 for a debate against Phil Gramm when he was (21?) when Ron was running for the Senate seat -- Ron had to stay in DC for a vote. I still can't believe video of that debate hasn't surfaced yet, I'd love to see it.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    West coast bump
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've found some clips and they are good: http://iroots.org/2016/01/06/rand-pa...-a-difference/

Please let me know if anyone finds complete clip.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    (note: the video is on Colbert's youtube channel)

I was meh on the interview, but the youtube viewer comments proved me wrong...great job!

Some other good user comments:

cristi1990an 2 hours ago
    You need to give the man some credit. I'm a strong Bernie Sanders supporter, but this man at least has principles and his actions are based on logic (it's sad that that means a lot these days).

wiet111 1 hour ago
    I am quite strongly opposed to republican presidential candidates, but Rand Paul seems like one of the least terrible. He seems quite smart and a decent guy.

"Libertarian Lite" Dad is "almost Libertarian and I am Libertarian-ish. I don't want to be quite as good as my dad."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-07-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I was meh on the interview, but the youtube viewer comments proved me wrong...great job!
    Wow, my reaction was quite different. I thought Rand did very well and did himself a lot of good. Spoke in human terms and with humor. Got in some real policy points, too. Listen to the applause he got after explaining libertarianism as the philosophy of leaving you alone in all realms, including the social and economic ones. (Following discussion starting ~ 5:40).

This interview is really good news. This show has a huge audience. The YouTube video is now over 35,000 views and 2,000+ upvotes.
    Last edited by francisco; 01-07-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Almost 100% positive comments under the video. Lots of Dems would vote for him....too bad Repubs are so stupid.

Good interview. Rand comes across as a normal guy not trying to pander to his audience and is sensible. The comments and votes on them seem very favorable.

When given the chance to decide for themselves, most would side with a guy who presents rational arguments and demonstrates common sense. It's only when the media tells them they should hate Rand that they actually do.

So colbert mentioned that seinfeld made fun of rand's hair... was that during an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    So colbert mentioned that seinfeld made fun of rand's hair... was that during an interview?
    Seinfeld was on just before Rand. He said something to the effect of (im paraphrasing here) "I like his hair, it's like a little baby's, baby so clean (hair)". Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Seinfeld was on just before Rand. He said something to the effect of (im paraphrasing here) "I like his hair, it's like a little baby's, baby so clean (hair)". Something like that.
    Colbert followed: If Trump wasn't running we would be talking about his hair.

good interview. rand is the kind of leader we need, a down to earth man who sticks to Constitutional principles and sane. too bad people want crazy

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    good interview. rand is the kind of leader we need, a down to earth man who sticks to Constitutional principles and sane. too bad people want crazy
    Servant, please SERVANT!!. If you must believe in this fiction goonerment please at least try to stress that in this fiction, these elected people are elected as servants, not "leaders". I do not need, nor do I want, someone to LEAD me. I can lead myself just fine, thank you...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Servant, please SERVANT!!
    That's a very good point; servant leadership....people have really forgotten this.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So nice to see Rand loosening up like that! This will surely score points with the average Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    That's a very good point; servant leadership....people have really forgotten this.
    Bleh. I don't want to be led or served.

I just want to be left the hell alone ...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    (note: the video is on Colbert's youtube channel)
    Was this from the "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" FB page? I've been on that quite a bit today arguing for Rand.

https://www.facebook.com/colbertlate...80491788762241
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Was this from the "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" FB page? I've been on that quite a bit today arguing for Rand.

https://www.facebook.com/colbertlate...80491788762241
    YouTube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast