Thread: Rand Paul-backing super PAC reserves $500,000 in Iowa ads

Rand Paul-backing super PAC reserves $500,000 in Iowa ads

Rand Paul-backing super PAC reserves $500,000 in Iowa ads

Rand Paul barely made the main stage of the last Republican debate and he's at risk of missing the next one but if Paul's campaign continues through the Iowa caucuses, he’ll have some support on the TV airwaves from a super PAC.

PurplePAC, a super PAC overseen by longtime libertarian activist and Cato Institute co-founder Ed Crane, has reserved roughly $500,000 in television time in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids in the final two weeks ahead of the Iowa caucuses, according to a media buyer and records with the Federal Communications Commission.

The new ad reservation comes only months after Crane expressed exasperation with Paul’s campaign operation. “I want to grab Rand by the lapels and say, ‘What are you doing?’” Crane told POLITICO in September. “I’m a big fan of Rand Paul. But whatever motivates his campaign, I don’t get it.”

At the time, Crane vowed to stop fundraising for the super PAC, which had raised more than $1 million. “I wasn’t going to raise money to spend on a futile crusade,” he said.

Crane did not respond to request for comment about the super PAC’s new ad buy.

The vast majority of Purple PAC’s funds —$1 million of its $1.18 million — came from Jeffery Yass, a financial trader in Philadelphia. Another $150,000 came from longtime conservative financier and New York investor Howard Rich.
    Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 01-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn what's up with these millionaires with ties to Philly?

Glad to hear it! I imagine the campaign proper is buying ad space too.

A big ole SALUTE to Jeffery Yass!

I thought this turned out to be a scam PAC or something?

They need to do better. Cruz PACs just announced a $4M+ reserve. By not supporting with more money Rand they are creating their own self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Last edited by groverblue; 01-03-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

This thread is for all the MSM guided sheep on RPF who fell for the BS articles claiming Purple Pac's Ed Crane was backing out of the race. :roll eyes:

When they had and still have an entire section on Rand on their website.
    http://purplepac.org/rand-paul/
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-02-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    They need to do better. Cruz PACs just announced an $4M+ reserve. Buy not supporting with more money Rand they are creating their own self-fulfilling prophecy.
    They're buying up the inventory canceled by the Bush campaign last week. The campaign itself has close to $1M since May 2015, ALPAC probably has more, but whatever they bought after June 30 we won't see for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    Damn what's up with these millionaires with ties to Philly?

Glad to hear it! I imagine the campaign proper is buying ad space too.
    As long as the guy knows how to spend a buck, everything's A-OK in my book!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They're buying up the inventory canceled by the Bush campaign last week. The campaign itself has close to $1M since May 2015, ALPAC probably has more, but whatever they bought after June 30 we won't see for a few weeks.
    This makes sense, as it was mentioned all available ad time was already purchased. Would've been nice to get the entire block, but half a million is decent air time.

Quote Originally Posted by adam220891 View Post
    I thought this turned out to be a scam PAC or something?
    Thread title changed to "media spin"

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ote-media-spin
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand's ads should go after Ryan and the Omnibust package voted on in the wee hours of the morning, with less than 24 hours to read.

If they decided to buy it late, I believe it costs a lot more per slot.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's great news. Thanks.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Liberty is a Flame That Needs Protection by Rand Paul, SuperPAC Ad in Iowa Will Likely Say

Text of likely forthcoming Iowa Rand Paul TV ads paid for by PurplePAC says Paul is only protection against government "that tells us what we can and can’t do. That spies on its own citizens."

"Liberty (freedom) is warm, powerful and comforting, And like a flame, liberty can be extinguished unless it’s protected" begins the likely content of a TV ad promoting Rand Paul's campaign for president, developed and paid for by the unaffiliated SuperPAC PurplePAC.

The ad will likely go on to say: "Protected from a government that’s grown too large. That tells us what we can and can’t do. That spies on its own citizens. Rand Paul stands up for liberty when no one else in Washington will. Stand with Rand and keep the flame of liberty glowing bright. Elect Rand Paul President."

I was shown a not-finalized version of the prospective text of the ad today. The accompanying imagery will also likely be flame-related, including imagery of things threatening the flame as it "continues to grow more and more intense, finally burning very hot and bright." (I have not seen any actual imagery or any version of the video itself.)

PurplePAC's chieftain, the Cato Institute's co-founder and former president Edward Crane, had been critical about the Paul campaign in the past, as I reported back in September. Then Crane feared that the campaign wasn't vivid and focused enough on making Paul the standout "peace and free enterprise" candidate, muddying the waters with some social conservative outreach and occasional nods toward the possibility of U.S. belligerence in the Middle East.
    Rand Paul for Peace