Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Meet the Press w/ Chuck Todd 1/3/16

[Video] Rand Paul on Meet the Press w/ Chuck Todd 1/3/16

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxbHoLMnA5U

--

Meet the Press Verified account ‏@meetthepress

We'll have two GOP candidates on the show tomorrow: @RandPaul and @JohnKasich. Tune in!
    Last edited by jct74; 01-03-2016 at 11:00 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well I hope they are having him on the actual show, and not that internet thing that nobody sees!

…and Kasich? WTF for?

David Brat will be on CNN State of the Union.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Do you know if they are taking calls?

That caller should be bitch-slapped for that. How many shows allow callers to ask their own questions when calling in? Not many. This program, regardless of your views of the topic/guest, is a great venue for voters and should be respected as such. Is it perfect? Hell no, but I'd rather watch this than Fox/CNN, etc.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Do you know if they are taking calls?

Not on this show, it is taped in advance.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    That caller should be bitch-slapped for that. How many shows allow callers to ask their own questions when calling in? Not many. This program, regardless of your views of the topic/guest, is a great venue for voters and should be respected as such. Is it perfect? Hell no, but I'd rather watch this than Fox/CNN, etc.
    Sorry RonPaulGeorge&Ringo I didn't even know who David Brat is , if that's you David I'm sorry dude. This was the first result I got when i googled David Brat.

01-03-2016 12:33 AM

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo NEG-
    Thread: Rand will be on Meet the Press tomorrow, Jan 3, 2016

trashy

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    The interview opened up first about if he is still actually running. Rand came back with that he wanted to spend time with his family during the holidays, had a couple fund raisers that he attended, did a couple pro bono surgeries, and then had to actually show up to work as a senator and earn his salary from the tax payers; slipped in a good knock at Cruize and Rubio.

Overall nice interview and knocked the press for leading a self fulfilling proffecy about these primaries and how they use the poll results ignoring the younger voters, standard error, and standard deviation.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by groverblue View Post
    That caller should be bitch-slapped for that. How many shows allow callers to ask their own questions when calling in? . . .
    pistol-whipped maybe . . .
    CSPAN morning call-in show was the only one where'd you get Ron Paul support three calls in a row . . . definitely our friends in DC based media in 2007-08

Kasich segment is up (he did well for what he is). Where the hell is the Rand segment?

Edit: It's up. Patience may be one of the many virtues I'm missing.
    Last edited by Isaac Bickerstaff; 01-03-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    The interview opened up first about if he is still actually running. Rand came back with that he wanted to spend time with his family during the holidays, had a couple fund raisers that he attended, did a couple pro bono surgeries, and then had to actually show up to work as a senator and earn his salary from the tax payers; slipped in a good knock at Cruize and Rubio.

Overall nice interview and knocked the press for leading a self fulfilling proffecy about these primaries and how they use the poll results ignoring the younger voters, standard error, and standard deviation.
    My take? Rand needs to show some anger. Instead of talking about the media playing this little game, how about showing them? Instead of talking about misguided foreign policy, how about showing us how angry it makes him that we're sending our kids to die and things keep getting worse? Instead of talking about the debt problem, how about revealing a little anger that we're still making things worse?

Ron Paul got angry and it started a movement. Reagan got angry and won the Presidency. Trump gets angry every time someone criticizes him; even though it's personal, he's still benefiting from the attention. Hell, even Obama showed anger at the DNC and it rocketed him to the oval office.

You have to make sure it doesn't sound whiny, but dammit Rand, the stakes are serious! Take off the friggin' gloves already!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jan2017

This was on MSNBC (NBC) . . . and sounds like it was just Fox with the "state of the race" questions instead of actual
    journalism interest in seriously vetting the candidates.

They put Rand on the same level as Kasich - "NH Do or die establishment candidates". Trump and Cruz are obviously antiestablishment.

The media can say anything.

MW to Kasich: Why is CC surging and you are not?

MW to Paul: I do not see much daylight between your position on foreign policy and prez Obama. Where am I wrong?
    Last edited by timosman; 01-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Rand Paul for Peace

Jan2017

Todd starts off (with weird smug tone - a la Rachel Maddow) : "Are you still running ?" *paused for later*

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must say that Rand performed very well once again.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I must say that Rand performed very well once again.
    He did OK. Nothing spectacular. The Cruz question was good. He needs to be more forceful when responding to their stupid trolling attempts. Also the laugh

I'm not a fan of Rand's smirk and laugh, he does it a lot.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Jan2017

Todd : "Are you frustrated ? . . . I feel the frustration in your tweets . . . "

*PAUSE* point for me, (honestly think that is just another channel surfing point for viewers)

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I'm not a fan of Rand's smirk and laugh, he does it a lot.
    When you are dealing with a corrupt media with an agenda, all you can do is smirk and laugh. If not, your only other option is to go off on them and that isn't very Presidential.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    I have. Could use some help...I'm getting beat up.

Jan2017

Rand's tweets got him top billing in this CNN article - but Chuck Todd reads a couple with his reading glasses to look analytical - "Are you frustrated ?" lol

2016 candidates kick off the New Year on Twitter
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politi...weet-messages/

Story highlights

• Rand Paul's "resolutions" target his GOP primary rivals
    • Donald Trump says hello from his opulent Florida mansion
    • Hillary Clinton tweets image of her and Bill from 2009
    Much like he does during "Festivus," Rand Paul is making the most of the holiday,
    sharing his plans for the new year in a tweetstorm.
    "I resolve to speak in vague but bombastic generalities more," Paul wrote, jabbing at Donald Trump.
    Ben Carson's message landed right at the stroke of midnight. He and wife Candy asked Americans
    to "join us in putting we the people back in control of our government."
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-03-2016 at 02:44 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    Not on this show, it is taped in advance.
    No. It's not. The Washington Journal is aired live every morning and callers are screened before the host actually refers to them. You get their name, affiliation, and then get a general idea of what they want to ask. Then they're put on hold until either it's their turn or the host turns it over to questions. And you have to factor in tweets, emails, all in addition to phone calls. And with the Journal being live, anything can happen and callers do and will change things up once they're on the air if they have some sort of agenda or just want to be a dick instead of asking a question.

But again, no, the Journal is not taped. I've worked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    It's quite a Hasbara sockpuppet operation going on over in the Breitbart comment sections.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's quite a Hasbara sockpuppet operation going on over in the Breitbart comment sections.
    Quite impressive I must say, multiple angles of attack. Pretty well trained.

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    I went to the first link and set a few idiots straight. For the most part, it's the same 10 of 12 people, assuming that it isn't 2 or 3 people each using multiple accounts. After fielding about 20 responses either correcting or cutting-down these people I've decided to give it a rest, that comment section is loaded to the brim with trolls and after a while I get too annoyed to type straight.

who writes these idiotic questions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast