View Poll Results: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80-100

16 19.75%
  • 101-125

24 29.63%
  • 126-149

28 34.57%
  • 150+

13 16.05%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

His IQ is marvelous, it will do great things! His IQ is so high it can build walls with mind control but I countered with brain control!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOLOL
    If the IQ of dead presidents can be measured, then there could be a measure of credibility to Trump's doctor's claim that he would be "the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Also, I would like to call into question any ranking that puts Jimmy Carter in 6th place, and U.S. Grant, the general most responsible for winning the Civil War and author of one of the greatest, if not the greatest, autobiographies in American history, in last.
    Last edited by statist slayer; 12-30-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    Also, I would like to call into question any ranking that puts Jimmy Carter in 6th place, and U.S. Grant, the general most responsible for winning the Civil War, in last.
    I'm guessing they based it on the quality of their writing.

...should spot Grant at least 10 points though, seeing as how he was drunk his entire term.

LOLOL
    If the IQ of dead presidents can be measured, then there could be a measure of credibility to Trump's doctor's claim that he would be "the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Also, I would like to call into question any ranking that puts Jimmy Carter in 6th place, and U.S. Grant, the general most responsible for winning the Civil War and author of one of the greatest, if not the greatest, autobiography in American history, in last.
    Yeah, to be honest I don't really know how they're getting those numbers. Probably based on their writings somehow

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Yeah, to be honest I don't really know how they're getting those numbers. Probably based on their writings somehow
    Propaganda. Our presidents were very smart! U.S.A.! We even have a wiki page with the best sayings of the last one - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushism

I think he has a pretty high iq, much higher than Obozo who still thinks we have 57 states in the U.S., or Jeb Bush who can't keep his head still for five seconds as he tries to form a sentence .... much like his brother. I think Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have pretty high iq's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm guessing they based it on the quality of their writing.

...should spot Grant at least 10 points though, seeing as how he was drunk his entire term.
    Jimmy Carter's writings (of which there are many for analysis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_bibliography) are usually considered uninsightful and would be ranked nowhere near Grant's memoirs in terms of literary value.

And the accusations of drunkenness against Grant during the Civil War and presidency are largely unsubstantiated.
    Last edited by statist slayer; 12-30-2015 at 10:02 PM.

GW has an IQ of 120? geeze, maybe this IQ thing is not all its cracked up to be.

Yea, now ay this man below has an IQ of 120 at least no the kind of IQ you can measure with a test.

Last edited by juleswin; 12-30-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    If he really does have a 156 IQ (and I believe he does), there are only 30,000 people smarter than him in the entire country.
    By the same reasoning, since there are obviously millions of Americans with higher IQ than Trump, we can safely conclude that his cannot be 156.

Jimmy Carter's writings (of which there are many for analysis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_bibliography) are usually considered uninsightful and would be ranked nowhere near Grant's autobiobiography in terms of literary value.

And the accusations of drunkenness against Grant during the Civil War and presidency are largely unsubstantiated.
    I wasn't suggesting that the rankings accurately reflect the relative quality of their writings (haven't read the writings of most of them), but only that they were probably based on their writings because...what else could they be based on? The shapes of their skulls in oil paintings? As for Grant's drunkenness, there were many accusations at the time - who knows.

I wasn't suggesting that the rankings accurately reflect the relative quality of their writings (haven't read the writings of most of them), but only that they were probably based on their writings because...what else could they be based on? The shapes of their skulls in oil paintings? As for Grant's drunkenness, there were many accusations at the time - who knows.
    Maybe they had somebody else write for them.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    GW has an IQ of 120? geeze, maybe this IQ thing is not all its cracked up to be.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee, that says, 'Fool me once...... shame on... shame on you...... if y'fool me, y'can't get fooled again.'"

BEST BUSHISM EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe they had somebody else write for them.
    That's certainly the norm for modern Presidents, both speeches and books.

Who cares?

I'm sure many statists have high IQs but rock bottom morals that are symptomatic of an empty soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I believe they looked at the admission requirements to Wharton back when he was admitted to get a general feel, but I'm not totally sure.
    I doubt it. Even with a perfect SAT score, I don't think that would prove an IQ as high as 156. I'm sure that getting into Wharton did require a high IQ. Probably most people who get in are in the top 2% (which is a far cry from a 156 IQ). And some who get in are below that.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I doubt it. Even with a perfect SAT score, I don't think that would prove an IQ as high as 156. I'm sure that getting into Wharton did require a high IQ. Probably most people who get in are in the top 2% (which is a far cry from a 156 IQ). And some who get in are below that.
    And I'll wager a fair fraction of those have extremely wealthy parents.

And I'll wager a fair fraction of those have extremely wealthy parents.
    Exactly. Being the son of Fred Trump, and having already had experience being involved in his real estate business helped him get admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Depends on the type of intelligence, and how you measure it. I know people who fit that criteria that doesn't mean that they became successful from being smart. There is a difference between smarts and genius. The whole IQ thing became popular because Clinton had a high IQ but he was also a genius at what he did, an evil genius. A genius can also have a low IQ though, and that's where most people don't understand intelligence. It is truly amazing how much the brain can specialize people can have holes cut out of their brains and re learn how to do stuff.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    120 isn't very impressive. I'd guess Ford is the only Pres below 120, at least the only one in the last century. (I'd say most of the recent guys are in the low 120s, though.) And I'd put Nixon higher than that chart did. He was a crafty motherfucker, probably the smartest in the last 50 or 100 years.

Only a small percentage of people who qualify for Mensa bother to join. It seems like something for losers, lonely people and people who barely make the cutoff and are extremely impressed with themselves for doing so. Mensa's website claims 50k members in the US -- that's out of more than 6 million who would qualify as the top two percent. And frankly, even that 50k number seems rather high to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    120 isn't very impressive. I'd guess Ford is the only Pres below 120, at least the only one in the last century. (I'd say most of the recent guys are in the low 120s, though.) And I'd put Nixon higher than that chart did. He was a crafty motherfucker, probably the smartest in the last 50 or 100 years.

Only a small percentage of people who qualify for Mensa bother to join. It seems like something for losers, lonely people and people who barely make the cutoff and are extremely impressed with themselves for doing so. Mensa's website claims 50k members in the US -- that's out of more than 6 million who would qualify as the top two percent. And frankly, even that 50k number seems rather high to me.
    Theres the dunning-kruger effect in action here there are two types of Donald Trump supporters those who hear what he wants them to hear and those who see how he commands people with his language and his master salesmanship that they admire him and think that means Trump is smart instead of lots of people not understanding that trump is babbling and not making any sense and no one is correcting him because then trump uses the media and his army of idiots straight out of the movie idiocracy to attack anyone who criticizes him. For me its almost like he is speaking a different language that people understand but they don't know they understand.

Maybe since Trump is basically an ad or maybe he is a cross between a Nigerian scammer and an infomercial? Either way we should be able to deploy email spam filtering technology to block him from the internet I know some of you might try to argue 1st amendment..we need to get one of those change/white house petitions up right away on this.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    I went to an Ivy League school. I’m very highly educated. I know words, I have the best words. I have the best, but there is no better word than stupid. Right? There is none, there is none. There’s no, there’s no, there’s no word like that.
    //
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Im sorry but after reading this thread i suddenly feel ive just watched a segment of the Todays Show staring Matt Lauer ....

Of all the people running for President, only he and Fiorina really understand what a billion dollars is. To the rest, it's just numbers on paper.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I be tested as super genius, and trump IQ is yuge compared to mine, he likely made 99.9% on his IQ test, and gets a discount on his car insurance. His daughter is attractive you can't be stupid and make hot chicks. DUH!!!, takes a high IQ to make good sperms. Facts.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I have no idea what Donald Trump's IQ is, tbh. Maybe his dad called in a favor for him to get into Wharton and he never had the high SAT scores, but there is also a chance he deserved to get in and got good grades, etc.

He doesn't strike me as being very intelligent, I think Rand is probably smarter. I put Trump in the 126-149 range, but I'll bet Rand is in there somewhere as well.

But there are people who think he is in the stratosphere in the 150s.. I'm skeptical but who knows.
    I agree, anyone from a very rich family can skip a college's typical entrance requirements. Unless he shows a moderated IQ test who's to know.

It's obvious he's very talented in PR. He's worked hard with his tv shows, the public thinking he's some great businessman when he would have done far better if he just put his money in the stock market.

Here's the one thing IQ tests do show... 100 is the average IQ. 80 used to be called 'retarded'. That's one reason someone with the perception of being smart and for the average joe is doing so well.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Being intelligent is no bellwether for advocating freedom. Most of the geniuses in this world have been statists and many have been the worst kind of tyrants.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic