View Poll Results: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80-100

16 19.75%
  • 101-125

24 29.63%
  • 126-149

28 34.57%
  • 150+

13 16.05%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You know of better options?
    Actually, while we're on this little off-topic subject, I can actually give you an example of a person that I'm best friends with who has a standard job as a freelance I.T. worker who has also done some work for my business. He was approached by a CIA recruiter about 8 years ago because of his high IQ (I think he's in the 150s actually) and his abilities with computer code. He turned the recruiter down and pretty much told him right to his face that the reason for the no answer was that he didn't like the idea of getting either scapegoated or suicided if he was involved in some espionage scheme that went south.

He probably makes less than 1/4 of what your average "agency" person makes, and he's proud of it because he makes his money square.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Actually, while we're on this little off-topic subject, I can actually give you an example of a person that I'm best friends with who has a standard job as a freelance I.T. worker who has also done some work for my business. He was approached by a CIA recruiter about 8 years ago because of his high IQ (I think he's in the 150s actually) and his abilities with computer code. He turned the recruiter down and pretty much told him right to his face that the reason for the no answer was that he didn't like the idea of getting either scapegoated or suicided if he was involved in some espionage scheme that went south.

He probably makes less than 1/4 of what your average "agency" person makes, and he's proud of it because he makes his money square.
    A very nice story, but most scientists do not like freelance. Having a high IQ also allows you to justify almost anything so bending the truth a bit is not a problem.

I'll go somewhere in the 126-149 range, smart guy and obviously very calculating.

fwiw I think IQ is a pretty worthless measure of intelligence

A very nice story, but most scientists do not like freelance. Having a high IQ also allows you to justify almost anything so bending the truth a bit is not a problem.
    Oh, I'm sure most scientists don't like freelancing. Most of them also tend to be atheists and agnostics, which means they can sleep like babies at night while being fully aware of what their expertise does to others when it's given over to the government. This isn't to say that bloodthirsty theocratic thinkers like Huckabee and Santorum are any better, but there is a certain degree of moral nihilism that goes along with only being afraid of serving things evil if you get caught, which is essentially what these "scientists" are doing. As you say, high IQ can also make one adept at justifying almost anything, and a mass death like mid 1940s Japan has long made me question the wisdom of being a "government scientist". Granted, the last IQ score I had was fairly high, but I've always favored less deadly trades like music and literature to applied technology. A matter of taste, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post

I went to school with a guy who is considered to have one of the highest IQs in the world (currently #2 on the list). His careers have been a nude artist's model, a bouncer, and a TV show writer. He currently writes questions for game shows and Jimmy Kimmel Live. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosner He also spent 12 years in high school.

High IQ doesn't always mean smart in the real world- which he freely admits.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-30-2015 at 07:22 PM.

There's no shortage of rumours on the webbernets, for sure. I'd SWAG 120ish. More important though, he's charismatic and manipulative-perhaps a bit sociopathic. IMO, he is indeed a genius as a troll, attention whore, and manipulative bullshitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I have yet to hear or read anything from Trump that I would say is particularly illuminating or insightful to any meaningful degree. Yes he has said a lot of common sense things especially on foreign policy but none of that makes him brilliant in my book.

I think the category of intelligence Trump has is not something that is measurable with an IQ test, so my guess is that he would score somewhere near the average at 100 in the conventional IQ test. He is no mental giant.

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    Trump is a lovable diabolical genius... that's the FALSE narrative that feeds the Trumpkins. I'd definitely say you've been hoodwinked. The Trumpkins had been looking for a simpleton standard-bearer, and they got him in spades.
    I think you're really confused.
    "The Patriarch"

His IQ is obviously higher than the people supporting his fake ass.
    "The Patriarch"

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump supporter IQ ​20.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    His IQ is great enough to Make America Great Again! <SARCASM>

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Trump supporter IQ ​20.
    I was actually going to be charitable and suggest that the Trump supporters should try a class action lawsuit to get the 49ers trademark pulled since it offends them as a people to have their IQ represented in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    There's no shortage of rumours on the webbernets, for sure. I'd SWAG 120ish. More important though, he's charismatic and manipulative-perhaps a bit sociopathic. IMO, he is indeed a genius as a troll, attention whore, and manipulative bullshitter.
    this ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I went to school with a guy who is considered to have one of the highest IQs in the world (currently #2 on the list). His careers have been a nude artist's model, a bouncer, and a TV show writer. He currently writes questions for game shows and Jimmy Kimmel Live. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosner He also spent 12 years in high school.

High IQ doesn't always mean smart in the real world- which he freely admits.
    Yea, intelligence alone doesn't guarantee success and being successful doesn't equate to smartness. You also have to have drive even ambition combined with maybe some intelligence to be successful. Trump rubs me as someone who is very hardworking, the type who would stay home at night plotting on ways to dominate his industry while his colleagues goes out to party. I think he has a lot of drive and ambition and a lot less of the intelligence part.

Again, being average intelligence doesn't mean you are stupid, you are still equally as smart or smarter than 3.5 billion humans beings. So its not a slight to Trump to say he probably has average intelligence. Cos hearing at the way he talks and looking at the sort of people he attracts, its actually a compliment to say he has average intel.

Let's contrast Trump with the second place candidate, Ted Cruz. Both are top notch slicksters. Where Cruz has the mental acuity to turn his rhetoric on a dime (look at his argument with Ellen Page or the attack on the media in the third debate), Trump never deviates from a few simplistic anecdotes and catchphrases. Where Cruz was a top student at Princeton and Harvard, memorable even to professors, and then a successful litigator before the Supreme Court, Trump transferred from Fordham to Wharton, likely through his connections, and was a non-entity on campus. If his grades were as stellar as he claims, why has he not released them? (Obama knows.) Trump then inherited $200 million and ran his real estate empire into the ground, multiple times. Luckily for him, Manhattan quickly gentrified in the 90's.

A successful used car salesman can be a great intellectual or a great mediocrity. Perhaps Donald is secretly a brilliant legal scholar or mathematician, but the more likely explanation is that he says exactly what his audience wants to hear because he believes his own ramblings; he has a knack for demeaning his opponents because he was raised by a ruthless father to extort money from slumserfs; and he is followed by a massive herd of starstruck lemmings because of his wealth and fame.

When it comes to real estate you really cannot argue that he is anything but genius. He made all of his own money using other peoples money.

Why are people here saying 150+?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Because Trump is good at fooling people?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    low self esteem

low self esteem
    Maybe it's a problem of relativity. When things are observed from a low point of view everything else looks high.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 12-30-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe it's a problem of relativity. When things are observed from a low point of view everything else looks high.
    I can't imagine how low you would have to be for Trump to look 150+. There must be some victim mentality at play here.

I voted 101-125. But honestly, I think he's probably in the low end of the 126-149 range, probably right around 130.

I had been tested numerous times in school, and my local school sent me to another school with gifted individuals. I was only ever told afterwords that it was over 130+ but they would not elaborate more. I have also tested as an adult of 141+. I was on in the know program as a student. I won scholarships for winning regional area math contests, and 7th in the state. With all the said, while friends and family hate playing games like Trivial Pursuit against me, my brother in law who has average IQ amazes me with his mechanical skills. People excel at different things. One of my favorite characters is Kim Pak, he is the gentleman that RainMan is based on. His intelligence is on another level off the charts, yet he has trouble with daily activities.

Trump has claimed that he is 150+, but listening to him in his speech and reaction, and reasoning ability, I feel he is being dishonest like pretty much the majority of statements he has made. If I was a betting man I would put it about 120, this is enough to get you into virtually any college, including Ivy league schools. Its still better than 90% of Americans, but I would be willing to say that I predict Rand Paul, and even Ted Cruz are well above him in IQ. Most national politicians do tend to be in the upper half of IQ, high IQ surely doesn't show intent though, as many of your mass murderers had/have high IQ's as well.

I'd guess ~110, based on how he speaks.

The majority of the time he sounds borderline retarded, but every once in a whole there's a glimmer of modestly above average intelligence.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 12-30-2015 at 09:25 PM.

I can't imagine how low you would have to be for Trump to look 150+. There must be some victim mentality at play here.
    Just an observation.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did a few more research cos I really love making fun of Trump and I found out a few things.

Mensa IQ requirement for joining is about 130-132 depending on the IQ test you took
    130 IQ score put you in the 98 percentile range.
    This means that if you believe that "the Grand poo-bah of idiots" Trump has a higher IQ than 98% of the people alive.

This is a man not in mensa, has no evidence of him ever being accepted in any academic honor societies. A man whose vocabulary is at the level of a very smart 7 yr old and some of you people believe that his IQ is way North of 130? Just think of a bell curve and realize that the vast majority of humanity is always going to be in the in or around the meaty center. Even a lot of people who you think are extremely smart may not even be anywhere close to 130 IQ.

I know for sure that if Trump could achieve 130 IQ, he would have done it and join mensa even all for the bragging rights. He is not in mensa which makes me conclude that his IQ is less than at least 131.

Maybe poster should post their own IQ with their posts. I don't know my IQ cos I am too chicken to check, I think I would kill myself if it was lower than 100

If he really does have a 156 IQ (and I believe he does), there are only 30,000 people smarter than him in the entire country.

(I notice this doesn't have Obama, who realistically is probably the lowest. Based on his history of drug use, his race, and his lax work history)

It's more than just IQ with Trump however. It's his energy level, his interpersonal capabilities, his knowledge and experience. He is a rare gem indeed.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 12-30-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    If he really does have a 156 IQ (and I believe he does), there are only 30,000 people smarter than him in the entire country.
    How would anybody know that's true if they haven't tested everybody in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    How would anybody know that true if they haven't tested everybody in the country?
    http://www.thesmartbaby.com/iq_chart.htm

Statistics

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic