View Poll Results: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80-100

16 19.75%
  • 101-125

24 29.63%
  • 126-149

28 34.57%
  • 150+

13 16.05%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Many people claim that Donald Trump has an IQ score of somewhere between 151 - 156 which would mean he is a genius, smarter than 99.99% of the population. This is based on his SAT score, back when SAT scores correlated with IQ, and his graduating from Wharton.

Here are some related articles and social media:

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...q-3038790.html

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...425920?lang=en

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2577023

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/trump...ile-james-dean

What are your thoughts?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No evidence in any of those articles of Trump's actual SAT scores that they are relying on to describe him as a "genius". I'm sure he has a significantly higher than average IQ, but anything beyond that is rank speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    No evidence in any of those articles of Trump's actual SAT scores that they are relying on to describe him as a "genius".
    I believe they looked at the admission requirements to Wharton back when he was admitted to get a general feel, but I'm not totally sure.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I believe they looked at the admission requirements to Wharton back when he was admitted to get a general feel, but I'm not totally sure.
    I doubt it. Even with a perfect SAT score, I don't think that would prove an IQ as high as 156. I'm sure that getting into Wharton did require a high IQ. Probably most people who get in are in the top 2% (which is a far cry from a 156 IQ). And some who get in are below that.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I doubt it. Even with a perfect SAT score, I don't think that would prove an IQ as high as 156. I'm sure that getting into Wharton did require a high IQ. Probably most people who get in are in the top 2% (which is a far cry from a 156 IQ). And some who get in are below that.
    And I'll wager a fair fraction of those have extremely wealthy parents.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    And I'll wager a fair fraction of those have extremely wealthy parents.
    Exactly. Being the son of Fred Trump, and having already had experience being involved in his real estate business helped him get admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Depends on the type of intelligence, and how you measure it. I know people who fit that criteria that doesn't mean that they became successful from being smart. There is a difference between smarts and genius. The whole IQ thing became popular because Clinton had a high IQ but he was also a genius at what he did, an evil genius. A genius can also have a low IQ though, and that's where most people don't understand intelligence. It is truly amazing how much the brain can specialize people can have holes cut out of their brains and re learn how to do stuff.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His IQ I bet is huge
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Had to round up to 80.

Jan2017

Rand's IQ is higher than Trump ?

The NPR piece this week talked about Rand's IQ and it took only 3 years to get into Duke School of Medicine
    among some other anecdotal accounts - fwiw

Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

I'd put him somewhere in the upper levels of gifted or maybe even lower score genius, somewhere in the mid 140s. One thing is clear, his capability at using manipulative rhetoric to control those will lower IQs puts him well above average, though it also makes him diabolical, which would indicate that he has some genius qualities, albeit that of a twisted genius.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I'd put him somewhere in the upper levels of gifted or maybe even lower score genius, somewhere in the mid 140s. One thing is clear, his capability at using manipulative rhetoric to control those will lower IQs puts him well above average, though it also makes him diabolical, which would indicate that he has some genius qualities, albeit that of a twisted genius.
    Let me get this straight, you need about 128 IQ to join MENSA and you think Trump's IQ is about 20 pts above the requirement? Also you don't need a lot of IQ to be a good actor or con man. You just need charisma and convincing story. I remember the story of some high school drop out in Nigeria who was able to scam some American doctor off 100s of thousands of dollars. Do you really think a boy who cannot graduate high school has a higher IQ than a medical doctor?

IQ matter very little when it comes to pulling off a successful scam and we can all see that with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Let me get this straight, you need about 128 IQ to join MENSA and you think Trump's IQ is about 20 pts above the requirement? Also you don't need a lot of IQ to be a good actor or con man. You just need charisma and convincing story. I remember the story of some high school drop out in Nigeria who was able to scam some American doctor off 100s of thousands of dollars. Do you really think a boy who cannot graduate high school has a higher IQ than a medical doctor?

IQ matter very little when it comes to pulling off a successful scam and we can all see that with Trump.
    YES YES YES
    Amazing to see how even the Rand Paul people are being snookered.

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    YES YES YES
    What the heck are you talking about, I'm not supporting Trump you idiot, pay attention before throwing around words like snookered.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What the heck are you talking about, I'm not supporting Trump you idiot, pay attention before throwing around words like snookered.
    Trump is a lovable diabolical genius... that's the FALSE narrative that feeds the Trumpkins. I'd definitely say you've been hoodwinked. The Trumpkins had been looking for a simpleton standard-bearer, and they got him in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    YES YES YES
    I have no idea what Donald Trump's IQ is, tbh. Maybe his dad called in a favor for him to get into Wharton and he never had the high SAT scores, but there is also a chance he deserved to get in and got good grades, etc.

He doesn't strike me as being very intelligent, I think Rand is probably smarter. I put Trump in the 126-149 range, but I'll bet Rand is in there somewhere as well.

But there are people who think he is in the stratosphere in the 150s.. I'm skeptical but who knows.

I have no idea what Donald Trump's IQ is, tbh. Maybe his dad called in a favor for him to get into Wharton and he never had the high SAT scores, but there is also a chance he deserved to get in and got good grades, etc.

He doesn't strike me as being very intelligent, I think Rand is probably smarter. I put Trump in the 126-149 range, but I'll bet Rand is in there somewhere as well.

But there are people who think he is in the stratosphere in the 150s.. I'm skeptical but who knows.
    Careful Danno, some people would call this analysis getting snookered.

Seriously, if everybody here is convinced that Trump is some sort of giggling retard, who else here has been able to manipulate millions of people into thinking that his rank fertilizer smells like a bouquet of roses? I'm not singing the guy's praises, he has some brains but also has extremely bad ethics, probably inherited from his crook father and learned while hanging around Mafia members.

I agree, anyone from a very rich family can skip a college's typical entrance requirements. Unless he shows a moderated IQ test who's to know.

It's obvious he's very talented in PR. He's worked hard with his tv shows, the public thinking he's some great businessman when he would have done far better if he just put his money in the stock market.

Here's the one thing IQ tests do show... 100 is the average IQ. 80 used to be called 'retarded'. That's one reason someone with the perception of being smart and for the average joe is doing so well.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

He doesn't strike me as being very intelligent, I think Rand is probably smarter.
    That's a real puzzler for me, also.

I've been thinking for quite a while now that this blustery, can't-string-a-coherent-sentence-together guy we see stumping on the campaign trail is a manufactured persona he's developed over the years - especially when enemies (and press) are in the room.

I become more convinced when I hear smart, eloquent guys like Nigel Farage talk about him.

I would love to see Farage in the Administration.....

Can't go by IQ score. It depends on the standard deviation. On a close-ended IQ test, the max score may be 150, and then a score of 132 is very high. On an open-ended score test, someone can actually score an IQ of over 200! Marilyn vos Savant didn't get that score on the WISC. Also, this IQ Kids site, they gave Hillary a much higher score than Obama until he got elected. Then, things got revised to give him a much higher score. So some things "change" when someone gets voted in. There is some subjectivity with these websites comparing candidates.
    By the way, Trump spoke on a 4.5 grade vocab during the primaries, etc. Rand was at about 7.5 grade, so it wasn't like he was talking down to the electorate.
    Last edited by Tinnuhana; 04-15-2017 at 12:28 AM.

somebody missed some decimal points in those poll choices......

Jan2017

. . . makes him diabolical, . . . albeit that of a twisted genius.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Poll: What is Donald Trump's Vocabulary?

• 80-100
    • 101-125
    • 126-149
    • 150+

FTFY
    we've learned his Yiddish slang usage with "schlonged" is questionable . . . but maybe he has added "nuclear triad" to his vocabulary

IQ is just a number- and doen't necessarily mean one is smart at all things. Trump knows people and how to get them to do things he wants them to do. By that measure- he is certainly genius. And that is what it takes to become a President.

His "EGO Score" is certainly well above average.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-30-2015 at 07:28 PM.

I'll go somewhere in the 126-149 range, smart guy and obviously very calculating.

fwiw I think IQ is a pretty worthless measure of intelligence

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic