Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting article that backs the claim of Rand having incredible ground game in Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    It wasn't just CNN. NPR didn't talk about anyone or anything but Santorum for three days prior to the caucus.

And then he faded. Now he is the punchline to a joke that doesn't have to be told. How was he not a momentary media creation?
    santorum was and still is both the punchline, and the joke itself! Remember, he even told people during a debate not to google his name.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The polls had Ron winning Iowa, and then the media started talking about Santorum and nothing else for the last 2 weeks. Yes, he visited every county in Iowa, but he hadn't gotten traction until the media helped create his surge. He was pushed by the media as the anti-establishment alternative, (but of course had no real organization, got few national delegates, then dropped out after running interference for long enough) while the media ignored the real threat. That's not a narrative or disservice to anyone - it's just what happened.

It's true that the media announced that Romney won Iowa initially. A few weeks later, they announced (with less fanfare) Santorum had actually won the popular vote slightly. And then Ron Paul won almost all the actual delegates, which was barely covered at all. That's just how the media works. Support the establishment candidate, and split the anti-establishment forces between a bunch of "conservatives" while ignoring the real anti-establishment candidate.

Even though the delegates are the ones who actually decide the nominee, I hope Rand cleanly wins the popular vote as well - politics are all about perception, and it gives the media that much less excuse to spin against us.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

I certainly hope that the polls are wrong. I fully support Rand as long as he remains in the race. The polls were way off in the Kentucky Senate race, so they could be off here, but I think if Rand turns in a good performance in Iowa we'll likely see him start to increase in the polls a week or two before the Iowa caucus.

Rand Paul for Peace

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Great stuff!!

Maybe we can push this narrative a bit when we go online and read articles about Rand. We can just copy and paste this and show them what's really going on in Iowa!!

Annoying that Ted Cruz is pictured when I click that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I certainly hope that the polls are wrong. I fully support Rand as long as he remains in the race. The polls were way off in the Kentucky Senate race, so they could be off here, but I think if Rand turns in a good performance in Iowa we'll likely see him start to increase in the polls a week or two before the Iowa caucus.
    The polls have been wrong before...

Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 01-04-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    I guess 7,000 student votes is great, if they all show up, but aren't there like 120,000 voters who turn out?
    Correct, about 120K votes will be casted. Maybe more if the Trump thing is real because anyone person can vote in Iowa not just Republicans.

Ron only got about 6,000 student votes give or take. So Rand getting 10K is almost next to impossible. Guess we will see in a month.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That isn't what they said, what you said is the definition of revisionist as far as the post you were referring to. What the poster said is absolutely correct - the media reports a surge, then they play up the surging candidate, they get tons of air time and people vote for them. Nothing was said about force. That has happened dozens of the times in the last few elections with the media playing up candidates then talking about how they are surging, creating a surge.
    You've got it backwards. The governor, the state GOP, and the national party were scared $#@!less that Ron would win. They threatened to remove the First in the Nation status of Iowa if that happened. Local GOP party members, with funding from larger entities, worked tightly with local churches and community leaders over the last month of the campaign to push Santorum. AFTER that work had been done, local, state, and national party representatives worked with their lapdogs in media to pimp the results of their effort -- that people were rallying behind Santorum. It was entirely true. The wall to wall media coverage only strengthened the narrative. The party created it, by playing to local religious conservatives.

At this rate, seeing how the race has been a topsy turvy, I'll be Ok with a top 3 finish for Rand. I have a feeling there will be a good ground game for Rand come caucus night and I think a few other factors will help Rand do better in Iowa than people give him credit for!

The polls have been wrong before...

While I don't believe the polls, those results changed drastically due to intensive media coverage of specific candidates prior to Iowa voting. We all know Rand wont get that favorable media coverage.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ds21089 View Post
    While I don't believe the polls, those results changed drastically due to intensive media coverage of specific candidates prior to Iowa voting. We all know Rand wont get that favorable media coverage.
    Ron got worse coverage than rand, but ron still got 8-15% in polls before caucuses.

Even if polls are biased, rand does badly with old folks that have landlines lol. Its not good when landline elderly folks doesnt like rand. It seems rand tries to be an inclusive candidate... panders to minorities, but fails to pander to the elderly. Scaremonger the elderly by saying another war will drain their ss and medicare!

If i saw polls being biased by polling only old voters that have landlines, id try to cater my message to those old voters in order to bring my numbers up on those bias polls.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not the only one but definitely the best one. Rand and his campaign have very little effect on how the media reports on him as most of the MSM is bias against him. I agree that Rand needs to win Iowa so the viewers perception of him can change from a liberty candidate who can't win to a constitutional candidate who has won and can win.
    IMO the main thing Paul needs to accomplish in Iowa in order to have a shot is to do better than expected, which means not coming in last. If he jumps up to 3rd even that could be a game changer heading into other states.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    santorum was and still is both the punchline, and the joke itself! Remember, he even told people during a debate not to google his name.
    That's because someone hijacked his website, referring to him as Frothy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    IMO the main thing Paul needs to accomplish in Iowa in order to have a shot is to do better than expected, which means not coming in last. If he jumps up to 3rd even that could be a game changer heading into other states.
    Agreed. First is not good because then there will be a reason that it should be discounted. Second probably not good for some reason either. But third is perfect because the MSM can report that xyz came in first, bcd came in second and lmj came in fourth.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123