Thread: Rand Paul on Hannity Discusses Immigration and Omnibus Bill 12-23-15

Rand Paul on Hannity Discusses Immigration and Omnibus Bill 12-23-15

WEDNESDAY ON 'HANNITY'

Is US anti-terrorism response going far enough? Mike Huckabee weighs in. Plus, Senator Rand Paul expands on his criticisms of Marco Rubio's immigration policies
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks...

FNC Live link
    vaughnlive.tv/newzviewz

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Doh Rand Campaign. We shouldnt just be hearing about this right now.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

If he says what he said on Blaze today, this will be a good one. On Blaze (Kilmeade and Friends) he said he is the only one who is not afraid to challenge Trump, if he's not there in stage with him, the media will “lay it up in the lap for Donald Trump”.
    Last edited by CPUd; 12-23-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Waiting for Rand to blast Hannity for not showing up to work.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Funny how the substitute hosts on all of those shows are the ones hosting when Rand is scheduled.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Let me know how it goes, cut cable a while back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Let me know how it goes, cut cable a while back.
    Same here, hope there will be a tube up soon as I'm not really of a mind to give Fox's website more traffic than necessary.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Summary from anyone who suffered through having to turn into FOX?

Immigration - visas - and Rubio add.

It went well, except at the very beginning, they went to Mark Stein while Rand was talking and you could tell he(Mark) was uncomfortable with the wrong camera and even appeared to give a sideways nob to the camera to let them know to switch to Rand.

No mention of polls or debates.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    He should start off with "Hey did you see that i poll higher than Bush..." then go into whatever they asked him.

Mark Steyn's a dick. He sorta implied that Paul wasnt on the conservative side of things because he's more libertarianish. At the end he dismissed Pauls attack on he unholy alliane on spending it calling it a 'conspiracy' and talking over Rand at the end. $#@! him.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Mark Steyn's a dick. He sorta implied that Paul wasnt on the conservative side of things because he's more libertarianish. At the end he dismissed Pauls attack on he unholy alliane on spending it calling it a 'conspiracy' and talking over Rand at the end. $#@! him.
    Oh crap, if Mark Steyn was the host then I don't think I even want to bother with the tube, he's far worse than Hannity, not to mention that there is nothing more off-putting than an arrogant man with a British accent. I'm still bummed out that I never had the opportunity to hurl something at Christopher Hitchens' face while he was still alive.

Yeah, this other stuff is all well and good, but let's cut to the chase: does Mike Huckabee think US anti-terrorism response is going far enough or not?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last time he was on with Sean Hannity, Rand refused to place the blame for the Iraq war 100% on Obama, and Sean was disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by libertysource View Post
    "Yeah yeah the bipartisan conspiracy against the American people..."

Right, because the two parties are actually fighting tooth and nail against each other because they philosophically disagree on things.

This guy is an asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    "Yeah yeah the bipartisan conspiracy against the American people..."

Right, because the two parties are actually fighting tooth and nail against each other because they philosophically disagree on things.

This guy is an asshat.
    I've overheard this guy several times over the past couple years while my father was listening to Rush Limbaugh as he frequently fills in for him, and I'm literally convinced that he's among the dumbest people in talk radio, even by Neo-con standards.

Edit: I decided to take the plunge and watch the tube and Steyn was actually better than usual, although he clearly didn't like Rand's point at the end about military spending. It might serve Rand well with people like Steyn to add qualifiers to this statement like "wasteful military spending" or "overseas military spending", or anything else that would draw a greater distinction between war capability vs. actual constant warfare expenditures. But again, my principle gripe against Steyn stands, the guy needs to spend less time trying to box Rand into some "libertarian fringe" that he doesn't live in and actually listen to what his stances are on the issues, which I would argue are maybe quasi-libertarian at most.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 12-23-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat View Post
    guy is an asshat.
    He's just doing his job Fox ordered this hit piece because Rand told them he wont let them pick the winners. Rand challenged their debate and said it didn't matter. Rand can challenge the entire debate structure that they have too much power because Trump has proven that it the debates don't matter if you are loud enough.

Video: Rand Paul on "Hannity" discusses immigration and omnibus bill 12-23-15

Rand Paul: Rubio Should Resign or Give Back His Pay

Wednesday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” fill-in host Mark Steyn interviewed

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), a candidate for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, about his positions on terrorism and the recently passed omnibus spending bill passed by Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama last week. Paul also took on Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), one of Paul’s opponents for the GOP nod, who has missed a lot votes in the U.S. Senate while campaigning for president.

“It may have been the most important vote of the year, but certainly the largest spending bill of the year,

” Paul said. “And yeah, I think if you are being paid by the taxpayer, you should show up and vote. And so I think this is a big issue. And for him to say he’s only going to show up when it’s a close vote, I don’t think that passes muster. And I think really that he ought to just resign or probably give his pay back because he’s not really earning his pay at this point.”

“But yeah, this spending bill was something that was horrendous,” he continued. “It was a $1.1 trillion spending bill. It bust the budget caps and it also shows that the complicity on deficit spending. Both parties deserve some blame here. That’s what I’ve been saying all along. The right wants military spending. The left wants left spending. But in order to get what they want, the right has to give the left welfare spending. Everybody gets what they want except for the taxpayer who gets stuck with the bill.”

I think you all are misunderstanding what Steyn was saying at the end. I think he was agreeing with Rand, saying that there is a "bipartisan conspiracy against the American people"--I think he was being serious, not sarcastic at all. Steyn had already called the spending bill "hideous."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fox gonna Fox.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    I think you all are misunderstanding what Steyn was saying at the end. I think he was agreeing with Rand, saying that there is a "bipartisan conspiracy against the American people"--I think he was being serious, not sarcastic at all. Steyn had already called the spending bill "hideous."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JJ2 again.

Rand certainly thought he was being serious, as did I.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JJ2 again.

Rand certainly thought he was being serious, as did I.
    1)
    "I don't trust anyone with an accent."

2)
    Media labels stuff Conspiracy in order to psyop the audience. These are those Code words that we tend not to understand because we have our own that are different and all words don't make everyone feel the same thing. Some words like libertarian and isolationist come to mind that you might be aware of. Terror, 9/11, Muslim, they are all words that produce emotion and illicit positive and negative responses.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    1)
    "I don't trust anyone with an accent."

2)
    Media labels stuff Conspiracy in order to psyop the audience. These are those Code words that we tend not to understand because we have our own that are different and all words don't make everyone feel the same thing. Some words like libertarian and isolationist come to mind that you might be aware of. Terror, 9/11, Muslim, they are all words that produce emotion and illicit positive and negative responses.
    On this particular interview, I'm less inclined to think that Steyn was being overtly hostile, and I think part of the reason is because while he's probably preferential to Cruz, he did agree with most of what Rand said. Also, the whole psyop thing only really works if Rand plays into it, and if you look at how he structures his answers it's pretty clear that he's not an isolationist and it's pretty clear that Rubio is no libertarian and holds a more pro-open borders policy than most of the Republicans running. I don't think Steyn supports Rand, and I think Steyn's foreign policy views are terrible and his decorum is usually horrendous, but this time he seemed fairly restrained.

I thought it was a good interview.

He had the chance to speak to the audience and come across as tougher on security while that "Protecting the Homeland" graphic was on screen.

Then they play part of his Rubio ad and attack him for not showing up to vote, and the host points out that all the other Senators running for president were there.

And you know it's Christmas when Rand's snowman tie comes out.