Thread: Bernie Sanders Calls for Full Independent Audit of Federal Reserve

Bernie Sanders Calls for Full Independent Audit of Federal Reserve

http://truthinmedia.com/bernie-sande...deral-reserve/

Sanders argued that the Federal Reserve suffers from a lack of transparency. “In 2010, I inserted an amendment in Dodd-Frank to audit the emergency lending by the Fed during the financial crisis. We need to go further and require the Government Accountability Office to conduct a full and independent audit of the Fed each and every year,” he said.

Audit the Fed legislation first became a hot political topic as a result of the sudden, meteoric 2008 rise to popularity of libertarian icon and former Congressman Ron Paul, who made the push for Fed transparency a central focus of his entire political career.

The Dodd-Frank amendment that Sen. Sanders is referring to that provided for a limited audit of the Federal Reserve drew strong criticism from Congressman Paul back in 2010, as Paul felt that Sanders had hijacked his momentum for a full audit and replaced it with a more limited, watered-down version. Congressman Paul’s full Audit the Fed legislation had already passed the House prior to Sanders’ push for a tamer audit in the Senate.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he will just vote for a watered down version like he did last time with Ron's bill

Guy wants to make sure he can get first dibs on the extra money they're gonna have to print to support his $10 trillion programs.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic