Thread: Virginia to stop recognizing concealed carry gun permits from 25 states

Virginia to stop recognizing concealed carry gun permits from 25 states

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html

Basically only comes into effect if you do something wrong and are found to be illegally carrying a weapon- they won't be searching and checking permits.

RICHMOND — Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring announced Tuesday that the commonwealth will no longer recognize out-of-state concealed handgun permits, part of a national push to circumvent legislatures opposed to tightening gun laws.

Herring (D) said 25 states have lax laws compared with Virginia, where a history of stalking, drug dealing or inpatient mental health treatment can disqualify someone from carrying a concealed handgun. The move is in step with actions governors and attorneys general are taking to address gun violence without going through Republican-controlled legislatures.

“While you are here, you are subject to the commonwealth’s gun laws,” Herring said during a news conference.

But Herring’s office could not say how many people are suspected of crossing into Virginia with concealed weapons to commit crimes, and Republican lawmakers sharply criticized the move, which enforces laws already on the books.

Nevertheless, more than 6.3 million people who could legally carry concealed handguns into Virginia today will lose the privilege when the change takes effect next year. An additional 420,000 Virginians with concealed-carry permits will no longer enjoy reciprocity when they travel to six states.
    More at link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The move is in step with actions governors and attorneys general are taking to address gun violence without going through Republican-controlled legislatures.
    So, basically, no matter how hard you vote, $#@! $#@!ing you.

These Bammy-inspired end runs should be slapped down hard - as in with criminal charges and LONG prison sentences. Alas, this is not likely to happen, which probably means we are entering a new era in tyranny; the next step in the ratcheting of governmental stricture. If this is not nipped in the bud by placing Obama and the rest into hard-labor for not a day less than twenty years (preferably life), all the more tight becomes the corner into which we are painted... as if it were not enough already.

So then, perhaps this is exactly what Americans need. Push the Meaner until he can retreat no further from his basic rights such that even his meager spirit becomes inclined to push back. I suppose I should be cheering this development in VA.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Wonder how Virginia would feel if states refused to recognise its driver's licenses?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Wonder how Virginia would feel if states refused to recognise its driver's licenses?
    For the record, this isn't "Virginia," this is a rogue AG. He found a way to use his office to interfere with concealed carry by out-of-staters here, so please come up and OPEN carry. No permit required for that.

More here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6078454

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    So then, perhaps this is exactly what Americans need. Push the Meaner until he can retreat no further from his basic rights such that even his meager spirit becomes inclined to push back. I suppose I should be cheering this development in VA.
    Oh, that I wish that were true.

I have seen nothing to indicate to me that it is, however.

AmeriCunts will seemingly put up with just about anything anymore, especially when blessed by the all knowing oracle of "government" or the mind numbing Zietgiest of "pop culkchur".

[...] part of a national push to circumvent legislatures [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The move is in step with actions governors and attorneys general are taking to address gun violence without going through Republican-controlled legislatures.
    So, basically, no matter how hard you vote, $#@! $#@!ing you.
    Ain't democracy grand?

People who vote don't matter - but they don't matter in a way that matters.

People who don't vote don't matter, either - but they don't matter in a way that doesn't matter.

Or something like that. Anyway ... suffragor vehementer!
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-24-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, that I wish that were true.

I have seen nothing to indicate to me that it is, however.

AmeriCunts will seemingly put up with just about anything anymore, especially when blessed by the all knowing oracle of "government" or the mind numbing Zietgiest of "pop culkchur".
    Dude, we got this.
    We have THE premier gun rights activism group in the entire world here in Old Dominion - the VCDL.
    On MLK day, state senators and delegates are going to have well over a thousand armed individuals showing up in their offices while armed, explaining to them calmly why we don't like what's going on.

I am in NoVA (Occoquan) and will be taking my full size passenger van down. The work buddies I was going to carpool with are all carpooling other groups of people. So I have 7 seats for anyone here who needs to get from NoVA down to Richmond. Pm me!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Dude, we got this.
    We have THE premier gun rights activism group in the entire world here in Old Dominion - the VCDL.
    On MLK day, state senators and delegates are going to have well over a thousand armed individuals showing up in their offices while armed, explaining to them calmly why we don't like what's going on.

I am in NoVA (Occoquan) and will be taking my full size passenger van down. The work buddies I was going to carpool with are all carpooling other groups of people. So I have 7 seats for anyone here who needs to get from NoVA down to Richmond. Pm me!
    Good luck, keep us posted to how it goes.

There are Three Stages of Revolution: Information, Civil Disobedience, and Violence.

We are definitely pushed right in to Stage 2, total Civil Disobedience!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Gents, if you are from out of state visiting Virginia...open carry...problem solved...I open carry daily. This new regulation is BS but, VA is overall a very gun friendly state.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Dude, we got this.

How'd that all work out?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

How'd that all work out?
    Thread necromancy!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...lders-n2111474

Last year they struck a deal with McCauliffe that got us reciprocity with every state!
    The only thing I think we gave ground on is, every gun show now has a booth where VA State Troopers can run background checks for private sales on a volunteer basis.
    This last Lobby Day (there've been two since the stink, last one was just two weeks ago) I heard mention that the entire year, practically nobody has used the booths, either.

There were a few other things on the burner this year - there's vague wording about carrying while in church, which we're trying to get cleaned up, and there's a constitutional carry bill, too. Both of those are new - that's the secret to VCDL's success. They're always pushing, pushing, pushing.

The antis are pushing too. For instance, there's a bill this year that calls for total registration of everything. But the reason we're relatively free in that regard compared to, say, Taxachussetts, is because up there, nobody is pushing back.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Thread necromancy!

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...lders-n2111474

Last year they struck a deal with McCauliffe that got us reciprocity with every state!
    The only thing I think we gave ground on is, every gun show now has a booth where VA State Troopers can run background checks for private sales on a volunteer basis.
    This last Lobby Day (there've been two since the stink, last one was just two weeks ago) I heard mention that the entire year, practically nobody has used the booths, either.

There were a few other things on the burner this year - there's vague wording about carrying while in church, which we're trying to get cleaned up, and there's a constitutional carry bill, too. Both of those are new - that's the secret to VCDL's success. They're always pushing, pushing, pushing.

The antis are pushing too. For instance, there's a bill this year that calls for total registration of everything. But the reason we're relatively free in that regard compared to, say, Taxachussetts, is because up there, nobody is pushing back.

Mewonders how ling until those checks become mandatory.

Mewonders how ling until those checks become mandatory.
    The second someone tries it, they will get pushed back, hard.

The second someone tries it, they will get pushed back, hard.
    But will that stop Themme? It seems these days where and agenda item is absolute for Themme, they pay little heed to the degree of reaction. I suppose flying bullets would change that, but so long as it's pissed off people running their mouths, Theye appear incapable of caring less. Just my observation on such matters. Look at how the Obamacare nonsense has proceeded. Repeal became "repeal AND REPLACE", which was complete bunk and therefore torpedoed even by Republicrats. BammyCare remains and it would surprise me no whit if in a decade we were to find it still in effect and people in worse straits than ever. This is BIG one for Themme and I do not think they will let it go without a pretty lively argument.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.