Thread: Next debate criteria: Targeting Kasich?

Next debate criteria: Targeting Kasich?

Here are the criteria for the next Republican debate. Even under the last set of criteria, Rand Paul was likely going to be out. However, these new criteria seem to be directly targeted at John Kasich. The Republican establishment might be putting pressure on their four main candidates to consolidate.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by givemeliberty2010 View Post
    Here are the criteria for the next Republican debate. Even under the last set of criteria, Rand Paul was likely going to be out. However, these new criteria seem to be directly targeted at John Kasich. The Republican establishment might be putting pressure on their four main candidates to consolidate.
    I don't know about that. Kasich's role isn't to win, but to get his hands dirty attacking people so the winner doesn't have to.

In order for Rand to make the main debate stage, Carson would need to completely collapse to the point of polling behind Rand in Iowa, coupled with Paul getting a sudden bump there of about 4-5%. New Hampshire looks a bit less promising because of Kasich and Krispy Kreme, and the national numbers just aren't there. It looks like Paul will get bounced down to the under-card debate on Fox Business, which is a bit less of a blow compared to what it would have been on the CNN debate stage given that it would have made Fiorina and Kasich look better than him, but it still sucks.

I'm hoping for a sudden burst of IQ in the polling pool in the next 2 weeks, but given the manipulative sampling being used, it would be tantamount to an act of God.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    In order for Rand to make the main debate stage, Carson would need to completely collapse to the point of polling behind Rand in Iowa, coupled with Paul getting a sudden bump there of about 4-5%. New Hampshire looks a bit less promising because of Kasich and Krispy Kreme, and the national numbers just aren't there. It looks like Paul will get bounced down to the under-card debate on Fox Business, which is a bit less of a blow compared to what it would have been on the CNN debate stage given that it would have made Fiorina and Kasich look better than him, but it still sucks.

I'm hoping for a sudden burst of IQ in the polling pool in the next 2 weeks, but given the manipulative sampling being used, it would be tantamount to an act of God.
    If Carson keeps dropping off, Rand can get ahead of both Carson and Bush in Iowa.

So if Rand gets placed into under card, he gets to debate santorum and who else??

IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS, JUST LIKE MY DAD DID. lol.

We probably need to do some outreach to Carson supporters to get them to see Paul as a natural ally and solid alternative.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post

I don't think the polls use manipulative sampling. I only expect voters to have as good of ideas as the candidates.

Jan2017

Carson has already collapsed . . . but this debate cuts out Carly.

There has already been an enormous push to silence and censor liberty -
    Rand has already polled in the top six "nationally" - but the next 3 week push by the msm is gonna be a helluva fight.
    Fox deleting Rand picture in favor of #6 Jeb in CBS/NY Times poll is a declaration of war.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Next debate is top 6... will be very tough to break in
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Next debate is top 6... will be very tough to break in
    Rand already polling in top six nationally with just about 3 weeks of polling over the holidays still to use in averaging.

Assured of six on stage, but with eligibility also with top five results in Iowa or top five average in NH criteria -
    - means more than six total on stage most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Rand already polling in top six nationally with just about 3 weeks of polling over the holidays still to use in averaging.

Assured of six on stage, but with eligibility also with top five results in Iowa or top five average in NH criteria -
    - means more than six total on stage most likely.
    Check the chart posted earlier. Rand is not Top Six in any of the polls.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Check the chart posted earlier. Rand is not Top Six in any of the polls.
    Quinnipiac, and tied for fifth and tied for sixth in two of the others
    But, when do they learn how to average polls of different numbers of respondents . . . ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 12-23-2015 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Quinnipiac, and tied for fifth and tied for sixth in two of the others
    But, when do they learn how to average polls of different numbers of respondents . . . ?
    yup

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic