Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just-Us system on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Just the fact that Boobus is questioning the antics of one case in the "Just-Us" system is cause to jump up-n-down..

Can't really blame them for being ignorant of procedure, they've been 'educated' by the Tee-Vee both about King Obama's unlimited power and this court case...
    Agreed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    After this, I believe justice should be determined by computers.
    ... "garbage in, garbage out" ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just the fact that Boobus is questioning the antics of one case in the "Just-Us" system is cause to jump up-n-down..

Can't really blame them for being ignorant of procedure, they've been 'educated' by the Tee-Vee both about King Obama's unlimited power and this court case...
    Yep.

Well I watched the complete making a murderer series tonight.

My thoughts throughout the whole series, was that everyone else in that county aren't much smarter than Brendan Dassey. I mean, as retarded as that kid was, even his own mother didn't know what the word "inconsistent" meant.

I have a feeling the police, prosecutors, and jurors weren't much smarter.

I mean, I only consider myself slightly genius level, but even I could realize the kid is retarded and should not have even been on trial or taken seriously. But it would make sense that if the IQ of the authorities wasn't much higher, they wouldn't notice that he's retarded. They completely treated this kid like some criminal mastermind, which didn't say a whole lot about their intelligence.

It's times like this I ALMOST think that power should be taken away from the states with the justice system. At least then there would be standards, and we wouldn't have some hillbilly sheriff in retardville usa crowning himself king and hiring retards to dish out justice.

The only guy on the whole show that seemed intelligent at all was Steven Avery's lawyer. I bet he thought he had a pretty slam dunk defense, until of course he realized the intelligence level of the jurors after the trial. That lawyer would do well to pack it up and move out of manitowac county, clearly he's too smart to make any money there.

ETA, Governor Walker denied a pardon for Avery.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-a-murderer/
    Walker is another shining example of retardation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scott-Walker-800x430.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	4729

What are they drinking in Wisconsin?

I've been waiting to see this because I wanted to watch it with my wife.

Finally got her to watch it with me and she was done after 1 episode.

I'm halfway right now and this is hitting me real hard.

I'm born and raised in Wisconsin. I love WI, I'm proud to be from WI, I think it's a great state and mainly because of the great people. It's a place where people often don't lock their doors. It's a place that strangers will make eye contact and smile at you when you walk by. It is a place where if you walk around with a rolex and fancy watch people won't know the difference between that and a simple watch for $9.99, nor would they care. When you drive down the road and you put on your turn signal the cars behind you slow down and let you into their lane. It's pretty much the opposite of living in South Florida where one of the first questions a potential date will ask you is what care you drive. People on the road will flip you off for driving too slow, too fast, or not getting out of their way. People are generally pissed off and can't be bothered to help anyone.

The people in WI the attitude is generally kind, friendly, helpful, blue collar, hard working. They take simple pleasures like fishing, hunting, beer, and football.

Sure that's a general picture, but that's my experience and the general attitude of the state I grew up in. It's true as you go north out of Southern WI and go northern WI the accent changes and some of those small towns you could say the people are more simple folk.

To hear the accents, to see the towns I've driven through, to see the lawyers from Milwaukee driving up to Manitowac it was all too real for me. It is hurting real bad. That's my home state this is happening in. I left WI before this story blew up so didn't witness it. I had no idea about any of it. I remember growing up through Dahmer and we were all so shocked and horrified and shamed as a community for having the psycho in a our midst.

Yet this is so so so much more awful. Corruption to the core on so many levels of government with so many people involved. And victims so inept and too simple that can easily be turned into demons. The victims aren't saints or upstanding citizens, but nowhere near the monsters they are being portrayed.

I couldn't sleep properly last night and even this morning this show has gutted me. It's extremely painful to see this happening in what feels like my backyard. :'(

I'm halfway through and have barely the stomach to keep moving on, but I need to I can't stop watching it, but it's one of the most gut wrenching experiences I've ever had. This happened in my home, where I'm from. Oh this hurts so bad.
    Last edited by Mani; 01-26-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Binged watched the rest.

Not sure how Brendan could be in jail.

In 2015/2016 the general community has come so far in supporting, loving, protecting, cheering for kids with disabilities/kids with special needs/mentally disabled kids. Fairly often you see a beautiful story of a kids with downs making a basketball shot on his middle school or high school team and both sides erupting in joy for the special needs child. You see stories of mentally disabled kids having meaningful jobs and getting respect in love in their workplace. You see so much support and protection coming out for these kids which is beautiful, heartwarming, and makes you feel good that society is moving in the right direction.

And then you have a poor kid, from a not very good home, who has some mental disabilities. He is mildly mentally retarded. He wants to tell the police officers whatever they want so he can get back to class at 6th hour because he has a project due.

He's ready to confess to whatever if it will get him home in time to see Wrestlemania. I mean What the $#@!!?

I see so much support, love, and protection for special needs kids but this kid is completely hung out to dry. Not only that, his friggin appointed defender screwed him harder than of the prosecutors and was instrumental in putting him in jail. This is so beyond $#@!ed up.

Why does this kid get ignored? Is it because he doesn't, "look" mentally disabled? Is it because he's poor? Is it because he comes from a crappy family?

It was heartbreaking to hear a child say, "It's because I'm stupid ma! I'm stupid!"

No child should be forced to spend most of their life in prison for the crime of being stupid, and having to live with themselves being considered stupid. $#@!ing heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post

I couldn't sleep properly last night and even this morning this show has gutted me. It's extremely painful to see this happening in what feels like my backyard. :'(

I'm halfway through and have barely the stomach to keep moving on, but I need to I can't stop watching it, but it's one of the most gut wrenching experiences I've ever had. This happened in my home, where I'm from. Oh this hurts so bad.
    This happens every day in every state to one degree or another, it's governments scoreboard and fund raising campaign all rolled into one...

It'll continue and grow too unless good people stop them.

This happens every day in every state to one degree or another, it's governments scoreboard and fund raising campaign all rolled into one...

It'll continue and grow too unless good people stop them.
    It definitely happens everyday.

BUT to see it drawn out over 30 YEARS.

18 years the first time. 1-2 years of freedom then now life.

And to see the real monsters looking down on everyone like we are stupid scum.

Judge Overturns Conviction for 'Making a Murderer' Subject Brendan Dassey

A federal judge in Milwaukee has overturned the conviction of Brendan Dassey, the young man whose case was one of two documented in the Netflix series “Making a Murderer."

Judge William E. Duffin found that investigators repeatedly made false promises to Dassey, who was 16 years old and a slow learner, in extracting a confession, which Dassey's legal team had maintained was coerced. The judge found that confession was involuntary in a 91-page decision handed down Friday.

Dassey’s case was one of two followed in the popular “Making a Murderer” series, which depicts the story of Dassey’s uncle, Steven Avery. Dassey and Avery were sentenced to life for the 2005 murder of 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach.

Dassey's attorney, Steve Drizin with Northwestern University’s Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth, confirmed the news Friday.

"I am just beyond excited," Drizin said. "I had to pick myself up off the floor."

Duffin ordered Dassey be set free unless the state initiates a retrial proceeding in 90 days.

That, or an appeal of the decision, would put Dassey's release on hold, Drizin said. He and the legal team would then seek to have him released on bond.

"A lot's going to depend on what the state does here," he said.

Source: Judge Overturns Conviction for 'Making a Murderer' Subject Brendan Dassey | NBC Chicago http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz4HA4GIxlF
    Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Source: Judge Overturns Conviction for 'Making a Murderer' Subject Brendan Dassey | NBC Chicago http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz4HA4GIxlF
    Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
    I'm stunned. This is wonderful news. Anyone who has watched the documentary could see that there was clearly coercion. This kid didn't know anything and was fed the lines they wanted him to recite in two previous interviews before the final confession. I've also read that Steven's new lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, has found that the the phone that Halbach used pinged last at 12 miles away from the Dassey homestead and is almost ready to make her appeal for a re-trial.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm stunned. This is wonderful news. Anyone who has watched the documentary could see that there was clearly coercion. This kid didn't know anything and was fed the lines they wanted him to recite in two previous interviews before the final confession. I've also read that Steven's new lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, has found that the the phone that Halbach used pinged last at 12 miles away from the Dassey homestead and is almost ready to make her appeal for a re-trial.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.
    There's a lot more in the article if you follow the link. It was way too much to cut-n-paste.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yes, if you're not careful you can pick up malware from the advertising there. I have all that crap blocked. But I hate Netflix. People who are paying them are as bad as people who "need" to watch this movie.
    Why do you say this?? I've been a continuous subscriber to Netflix since almost the beginning - 1999. We subscribed and still enjoy their system because it's the biggest collection of non-mainline movies and foreign movies. I do not know of any other source that has such an extensive collection of movies dating back to old classics and cult movies. At one time they said they had over 60k movies but I know lately they have been deleting some of the lessor known titles which I don't like but still, they have a ton of stuff (and I can still copy DVD's whereas I have not found a way to copy most streams yet - other than a camcorder).
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Middle of the series right now. I want to punch $#@!ing everyone in that show. The cop, the lawyers... hell even Brendan Dassey's DEFENSE lawyer deserves some ass whoopin.

When the cop was asked about why the key was found on like search #17 (and not on earlier searches).... he literally said "because it wasn't there before!"

And don't get me started on the Judge in the case. I literally lost a part of my soul watching him destroy truth and justice over and over and over.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The lady that found the car... a 40 acre lot full of cars and she literally walked right to it. She says on the stand "the holy spirit guided me to it"
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Middle of the series right now. I want to punch $#@!ing everyone in that show. The cop, the lawyers... hell even Brendan Dassey's DEFENSE lawyer deserves some ass whoopin.

When the cop was asked about why the key was found on like search #17 (and not on earlier searches).... he literally said "because it wasn't there before!"

And don't get me started on the Judge in the case. I literally lost a part of my soul watching him destroy truth and justice over and over and over.
    Yup. It doesn't get any better.

“Making A Murderer” Subject Brendan Dassey Ordered Released From Prison

Making a Murderer subject Brendan Dassey was ordered released from prison Monday pending his appeal.

Dassey was 16 when he was accused of helping his uncle, Steven Avery, rape and kill 25-year-old photographer Teresa Halbach, who vanished in November 2005, and dispose of her body in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.

Dassey’s attorneys argued that he should be released based on a judge’s finding that the court had “significant doubts” about the reliability of the confession he gave to investigators in 2006 implicating himself in the killing.

Earlier this year, a judge ruled that Dassey’s conviction should be thrown out, but state has appealed that ruling.

Dassey’s release, first reported by NBC station TMJ4, came with several conditions, including that he only travel in the court’s Eastern District of Wisconsin. He also cannot obtain a passport, possess weapons, and cannot have any contact with Avery or Halbach’s family.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiarose...B5#.phmY3GvEv1

My heart breaks for people who are undeservingly served injustice. Especially children. From loss of parents to the drug war to kids in other countries that we bomb indiscriminately. Breaks my heart. Makes me hate people.
    No - No - No - No

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn they have him jumping like a yo-yo...

U.S. court halts release of 'Making a Murderer' inmate

A Wisconsin man who was ordered released after his conviction for helping his uncle kill a freelance photographer was overturned must stay behind bars, a U.S. court ruled on Thursday.

In the case spotlighted in the Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer," Brendan Dassey, who was convicted at 17 of first-degree intentional homicide, second-degree sexual assault and mutilation of a corpse, was set to be released on Friday.

But prosecutors requested he remain in prison, and on Thursday a federal appeals court in Chicago agreed.

In a terse ruling that did not explain their reasons, a panel of three judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit decided that Dassey stay in prison pending appeals in the 2005 case.

The decision halted a ruling by a federal judge that overturned Dassey's conviction last August and ordered his release.

In overturning the conviction, Magistrate Judge William Duffin of the Eastern District of Wisconsin said Dassey, who is learning disabled, was coerced into confessing to crimes in the lurid case.

Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel is appealing the ruling. In an emergency request filed Wednesday, he reiterated the gruesome nature of the crime and said Dassey should not be released until the state's appeals are resolved.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-hal...190249454.html

Government lawyers are the lowest of the low not worthy of any mercy whatsoever.

I'm 5 episodes in and pissed already. I HAD a lot of respect for law enforcement growing up. Not so much anymore. Anytime I see a cop now a days. I tell the people with me to watch out, those $#@!ers are known for killing people for no reason.

Making a Murderer Lawyer Makes Stunning Accusation
    (Newser) – A lawyer for Steven Avery requested a new trial Wednesday and made a stunning accusation in the case made famous by Making a Murderer: Kathleen Zellner's 1,272-page filing claims Ryan Hillegas, ex-boyfriend of murder victim Teresa Halbach, is the real killer. Hillegas led the volunteer search for Halbach after she disappeared in November 2005, the Law Newz blog reports. Avery is serving life for the murder and has long claimed that he was framed by vindictive authorities. His nephew, Brendan Dassey, was also convicted in the case, but his conviction was overturned by a federal court in Wisconsin last summer.

In Zellner's filing, she suggests that Manitowoc County sheriff's deputies conspired with Hillegas to plant evidence—including Halbach's vehicle—in Avery's salvage yard, WISN reports. She says that during the original trial, Avery's lawyers lacked the experts who could prove that evidence had been planted. Trial attorney Dean Strang tells the AP he is glad Zellner filed the motion. "All that really matters here, to us and we hope to everyone, is that we get closer to the truth in this case and to justice for everyone," he says.
    http://www.newser.com/story/243979/a...ource=facebook

I've been meaning to watch "Making a Murderer" ever since this thread was first posted.

I finally got around to it - and I spent twenty-plus hours binge-watching it all straight through.

As jaded and cynical as I am about such things, I still couldn't believe some of the $#@! I was seeing and hearing ...

And yes, I said "twenty-plus hours" - because a second ten-episode season was released by Netflix in late 2018.

The second season covers the case from the end of the first season to about the middle of 2018.

If you were infuriated by the first season, the second one isn't going to make you any happier ...

And Kathleen Zellner (Avery's current lawyer) - god damn, she is good. She figures very prominently in the second season. If Avery ever gets out, it will be because of her and her alone.

She hasn't managed to do it yet. In October 2019 she filed a new appellate brief for new trial (you can get the PDF here). But if you have a couple of hours and want to see a great example of Zellner doing her thing by successfully exonerating an innocent man convicted of murder, you should watch a film titled "dream/killer" (it's available on Amazon video here: https://www.amazon.com/dream-killer-.../dp/B079P6GD9G).

The makers of the series have said they'll do a third season when and if they get enough material to do so.

Also, someone is doing a documentary series about the Avery case called "Convicting a Murderer" - because apparently, they feel that the "Making a Murderer" series has been unfair to (and not sufficiently appreciative of) the system's side of the story. It's supposed to be coming out sometime this year.

Here's the official trailer for season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu4GgQ1LWiI
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-12-2023 at 12:41 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I've been meaning to watch "Making a Murderer" ever since this thread was first posted.

I finally got around to it - and I spent twenty-plus hours binge-watching it all straight through.

And yes, I said "twenty-plus hours" -

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Also, someone is doing a documentary series about the Avery case called "Convicting a Murderer" - because apparently, they feel that the "Making a Murderer" series has been unfair to (and not sufficiently appreciative of) the system's side of the story. It's supposed to be coming out sometime this year.
    Convicting A Murderer Review
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...derer-review:9
    Actual Justice Warrior | 12 September 2023

In today's video I discuss the new DailyWire+ series "Convicting A Murderer" which tells the story that the famous 2015 Netflix series hid. I discuss the first few episodes both on their content and presentation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12