Thread: NEW Rand Paul Ad: Where does Ted Cruz stand?

NEW Rand Paul Ad: Where does Ted Cruz stand?

Last edited by jct74; 12-20-2015 at 11:04 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay! The gloves are off with the teddy bear!

Glad to see indications that this campaign will be going full-bore after the main opponents in Iowa! Win it, Rand!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

I dont like seeing him attack everybody, esp Cruz. He needs more positive ads imo

Here's the CNN interview of Rand calling out Cruz's flip-flops. https://youtu.be/-3SJ61CNTQw

The "splat" sound isn't very good, but I'm glad the Rand campaign used something with Cruz's "malfunction" on live TV. This is good, this is more like Ron's ads last election cycle, and those were effective as hell.

Still don't know if this is the time to attack Cruz though.

Bad idea in my opinion. Cruz has a lot of Paul's supporters. Attacking him won't bring them over.

This is not bad for an attack ad, basically not trying to win anyone over but to spread FUD among Cruz supporters.

I'm still waiting though for an ad that taps into the voter outrage and I'm still not seeing it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Great ad.

I'm waiting for him to finish setting up the battles and talk about himself. The constant attacks are not saying hey this is why rand is good as gold. It's standard politician stuff and people see that.

Opening the debates with attacks obviously didn't help much.. They gave him first to speak and set the stage, I don't think it was seized on very well.

He needs to touch people's hearts and tap into freedom. Describe what America will look like with rand as president how it will affect their daily lives.

After he drops some positively for a few there is one ad that can be put together from 2 YouTube videos I saw that will put the hurts to hillary and trump.
    Last edited by JeremyR; 12-20-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    Bad idea in my opinion. Cruz has a lot of Paul's supporters. Attacking him won't bring them over.
    Cruz doesn't have a lot of Paul supporters. Cruz has people who are sympathetic towards Paul because they think they are both for liberty. We are trying to win votes by opening people's eyes not by playing nice with our competition. Cruz is a fake and has always been one. Chances are if folks are supporting Cruz based on the garbage he's been saying lately then they are not coming over to the Paul camp anytime soon.

Chances are if folks are supporting Cruz based on the garbage he's been saying lately then they are not coming over to the Paul camp anytime soon.
    Yes, the so-called conservatives will never come over to Rand; the good thing is that most do not vote anyway.

This will be a blip on the radar of most Republican voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulfan05 View Post
    I dont like seeing him attack everybody, esp Cruz. He needs more positive ads imo
    Or the Rand campaign can simply "hope" that they'll win. Just like many on RPF who don't want to earn results, just want to hope hope and hope some more for a great outcome.

It just seems like these strategies goes above everyone's heads. For Rand, whatever he wants to go on the media to talk about, he needs an ad to generate the need for him to go on. They'll take notice and then he'll go on to compare and contrast himself with Cruz just like he made the video about Rubio missing and so on and so forth.

Its just a tactic to get more air time. Rand has done plenty of positive videos, the media doesn't care and the voters don't care.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

What a terrible ad....nowhere near as good as Ron's during the 2012 cycle.

It was boring. R voters right now don't care about consistency, Donald was a flaming liberal 2 years ago but he has support and keeps it because he is seen as fighting the hardest against the establishment. Cruz is in second place and I doubt anyone could say with a straight face that he isn't seen as the second most anti-establishment candidate.

This will not win him any votes or supporters.
    Ron Paul & Liberty - It's like trying to hold a beach ball under water

They should have used carlton's version

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suppose this is a web ad because it's so long? I don't see how attacking Cruz will work any better for Rand than attacking Trump did. It just makes him look like he's part of the establishment. It also seems to be factually incorrect as I don't believe that Ted Cruz ever claimed to support repealing the Patriot Act.

Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    gotta $#@! or get off the fence. Pick your candidate by making them realize Cruz is a fake.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    I'm waiting for him to finish setting up the battles and talk about himself. The constant attacks are not saying hey this is why rand is good as gold. It's standard politician stuff and people see that.

Opening the debates with attacks obviously didn't help much.. They gave him first to speak and set the stage, I don't think it was seized on very well.

He needs to touch people's hearts and tap into freedom. Describe what America will look like with rand as president how it will affect their daily lives.

After he drops some positively for a few there is one ad that can be put together from 2 YouTube videos I saw that will put the hurts to hillary and trump.
    I cannot tell you how much I agree.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I suppose this is a web ad because it's so long? I don't see how attacking Cruz will work any better for Rand than attacking Trump did. It just makes him look like he's part of the establishment. It also seems to be factually incorrect as I don't believe that Ted Cruz ever claimed to support repealing the Patriot Act.
    A web ad for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    A web ad for sure.
    Well, that's good at least. I think it would only hurt him if he ran it in Iowa and New Hampshire. He needs to focus on a positive message and explain to voters why they should vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Well, that's good at least. I think it would only hurt him if he ran it in Iowa and New Hampshire. He needs to focus on a positive message and explain to voters why they should vote for him.
    Well if you take it out of context then he does. Rand Paul's Iowa team has been pushing positive messages for years now. Ted Cruz's camp came out with a message that said he shares Rand's beliefs (but he implied that Rand can't win the nomination but he can and enact his policies) , and it's hard to make a convincing argument on paper who is who. I saw one article that said it best it was who said it Rand Paul or Ted Cruz. Rand is not attacking Cruz on policy what so ever, Rand is saying he doesn't endorse Cruz for president in so many words.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Ted Cruz's camp came out with a message that said he shares Rand's beliefs (but he implied that Rand can't win the nomination but he can and enact his policies)
    When did Cruz come out and say that? Or are you basically just paraphrasing the argument that Cruz has been making lately?

Rand has to get votes from somewhere and bring up his percentage. He has to attack the candidate he would most benefit from.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard