Thread: Rand Paul on ecigs? We need to tap this large group!

Rand Paul on ecigs? We need to gain support from this large group!

Hey guys so yeah the title says it.

This group of people is under attack by big government.

Anyone have any information from Rand on his ecig stance and what he would do?

Of course I know, but I need it from Paul so I can promote it.

You guys may not realize but ecigs are getting very popular and have very high activity online in forums. It's a broad demographic of people and they all are very attament about protecting their right to vape, the consequence for many would be going back to cigarettes and that is not an option for them.

By vaping they also avoid $3+ taxes per pack of cigarettes and save a ton of money.. Chicago talked of taxing every ml of juice which would just be insane.

For many years pending legislation has threatened to remove their rights to obtain ecigs and juice. Some steep regs are coming down the pipe right now. This is prime time to bring them to our side.

I think there are enough votes there from both sides (R&D) that it's worth putting something out there on this topic... Vapers can be fervent and may run wild with it for Rand. He could just mention it in an interview relating to something. So we can get a clip on YouTube... A statement or a jpeg for posting online. Signature line style would be great too for forums.

The campaign should put it together and contact cassa to start with. If the fact is that Ron will protect their rights I don't know how they can deny it.

If I can get a piece from the campaign on this I can start promoting it, I have a lot of contacts in the industry. Has anyone seen him mention ecigs and regulations at all.
    Last edited by JeremyR; 12-19-2015 at 07:11 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be a good thing .. why not ..?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    By vaping they also avoid $3+ taxes per pack of cigarettes and save a ton of money.. Chicago talked of taxing every ml of juice which would just be insane.
    Vaping is incredibly cheap now.. I figure I'm paying the equivalent of 50 cents - $1 / pack equivalent of nicotine, gram for gram, maybe less..

When I started it was common for people to pay between $.40 - $1.40/mL for eliquid .... Now prices are as low as $.10/mL!!! You can get a 250mL bottle from artisanvaper for $25, free shipping.... some places still charge that amount for a 15 mL bottle, pretty crazy..
    Last edited by dannno; 12-19-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand Paul on ecigs? We need to tap this large group!
    Absolutely not!

If government needs more money then tax single mothers. Tax 'em on the "child support" they draw and on any tax programs they use, tax 'em on school lunches, housing, medical and food stamps and give the child tax deduction to the parent who earns the most money.

Much better social conditioning to promote intact "families" than to tax smoking cessation devices...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Absolutely not!

If government needs more money then tax single mothers. Tax 'em on the "child support" they draw and on any tax programs they use, tax 'em on school lunches, housing, medical and food stamps and give the child tax deduction to the parent who earns the most money.

Much better social conditioning to promote intact "families" than to tax smoking cessation devices...
    Isn't that exactly what the OP is saying?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Isn't that exactly what the OP is saying?
    Maybe I misunderstood?

I read "tap" as to tax.

There's standing legislation to both tax and regulate E-Cigs.

Maybe the OP was wanting to "tap" the voter base of people who vape?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I recently got a electronic cigarette as a gift but there's no reservoir for nicotine, says I have to put herbs in it.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I recently got a electronic cigarette as a gift but there's no reservoir for nicotine, says I have to put herbs in it.
    Ya that's probably not an e-cig, it sounds like a hash/herb/solids pen.. I tend not to use the word e-cig tho unless I'm talking about the small devices that are plastic and somewhat resemble cigarettes, I tend to use words like vaporizer, pen vape, mod, tank, etc..

You can get a decent setup, battery and ejuice tank for about $20 if you are a cheapskate, but if you smoke - that's less than 3 packs of cigs and then you are paying $1/pack after that.. You will subsidize the cost of the device in a week..

But I recommend stepping up to the $35+ range for your battery/tank, you can get a sub ohm that producers more vapor and additionally takes a lot less effort to draw - the problem with the cheaper devices with the 1.5+ ohm atomizers in my experience is that they tend to be more difficult to draw on, even if you don't mind less vapor production.

Here are a bunch of starter kits:
    https://www.misthub.com/product-cate...-starter-kits/

fasttech has a bunch of cheap stuff from China and they take bitcoin - once you get more into it..

And I don't recommend more than 3ml nic juice, it's plenty..
    Last edited by dannno; 12-19-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood?

I read "tap" as to tax.

There's standing legislation to both tax and regulate E-Cigs.

Maybe the OP was wanting to "tap" the voter base of people who vape?
    Man was it that unclear.. Are we on the same page, Rand Paul grassroots. Tap into their votes of course, they are politically active. They need liberty to avoid regulations right. We can get more votes... I'm absolutely against taxes or I wouldn't be here. I was really really tired when I posted this thread, maybe I'll need to edit the title, my bad.. Lol
    Last edited by JeremyR; 12-19-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

And I don't recommend more than 3ml nic juice, it's plenty..
    I'm on Kanger's Evod using 24mg in a VG base and it's not too strong for me..

I smoked for over 40 years before taking up this contraption.......