Thread: Anyone who doubts Cruz's effect on Rand's support, see this poll

Anyone who doubts Cruz's effect on Rand's support, see this poll

While you're there, please do vote:

http://theconservatarianreview.com/p...-you-vote-for/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did Rand vote for the TPP?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Did Rand vote for the TPP?
    No he did not.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/senat...ion-authority/

Voted, only 36 votes separate Paul from first.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Anyone who thinks Trump supporters are bad, boy I can't wait till you meet a Cruz supporter............and I thought Trumpsters were bad, those Cruz-Maniacs are atrocious for their dire love to Count Chocula.

Just voted in the poll and posted several responses via comments. Hopefully they'll actually get approved. Looks like they're about tied as of now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For the record, I can't stand Cruz. To quote a Facebook friend who expresses my own thoughts: "He may be a fine person outside of public life, but he's the most phony looking and sounding politician I've ever seen. Even speaking off the cuff or answering free form questions, his head movements, speaking meter and facial expressions all seem completely rehearsed and insincere, like a cartoon robot. He's a living caricature of the pretentious, verbose politician (think John Carradine in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)."
    Last edited by Suzu; 12-24-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Rand's support for Mitch was a big reason why he lost so much support. Ron's base was mostly anti establishment rather than libertarian, and Rand lost the anti establishment vote to Cruz, Trump, and others after he endorsed McConnell. I understand why he did it, but it cost him support.

Rand Paul 50% (6778)
    Marco Rubio 3% (431)
    Lindsey Graham 0% (54)
    Ted Cruz 46% (6203)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Rand's support for Mitch was a big reason why he lost so much support. Ron's base was mostly anti establishment rather than libertarian, and Rand lost the anti establishment vote to Cruz, Trump, and others after he endorsed McConnell. I understand why he did it, but it cost him support.
    We get it; you support Cruz?

No one was challenging McConnell when Rand endorsed him.

I doubt most repubulicans care about the mitch mcconnel endorsement.

They are concerned about securing the border and fighting political correctness. The right to hate is the speech that is most under threat.

I think rand fooked himself when he chimed in on the southern battle flag, supported felons rights during the baltimore riots, and basically looked like he was pandering. It also appears rand was going for the amnesty route too (even though trump will just let them back in after building a wall).

I am wondering how he is polling in kentucky right now for the gop nomination.

Anyone else find it interesting that in this election cycle, there is 0 talks about abortion while it came up at every debate in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that in this election cycle, there is 0 talks about abortion while it came up at every debate in 2012?
    They can't, since the RWNJ shot up the clinic last month after Carly gassed him up.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted. Rand still up 51% to 46%.

Absolutely. It was a terrible mistake.

Cruz has always been out to undermine Rand and Rand2016, for years now.

It's a damn shame the Paul/Liberty movement operation pussed out on challenging Panama McCain's eligibility in 2007 and having made that bed will continue to refuse to sink Canada Ted with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Cruz has always been out to undermine Rand and Rand2016, for years now.

It's a damn shame the Paul/Liberty movement operation pussed out on challenging Panama McCain's eligibility in 2007 and having made that bed will continue to refuse to sink Canada Ted with it now.
    Cruz is a slimebag and as soon as Rand moves up to the 7 point range in state polls, I expect the liberty supporters who back Cruz will flock to Rand like flies to a bug zapper.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Cruz doesn't have Rand's support, he has a faction that Rand needs, they all feed from the same tea party/constitution groups but the only faction that really belongs to Rand is the libertarians conservative, which an argument could be made that Cruz is struggling to penetrate.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
    We get it; you support Cruz?
    I support Rand but I think the benefits of having McConnell's ear have been oversold. The Senate leader practically NEVER sides with Rand if the choice is between something Rand wants versus what the establishment wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLibertyPursuit View Post
    Anyone who thinks Trump supporters are bad, boy I can't wait till you meet a Cruz supporter............and I thought Trumpsters were bad, those Cruz-Maniacs are atrocious for their dire love to Count Chocula.
    OMG, I love that name... Count Chocula !!! . Seems just like him. In-fact, it is easy to imagine him dressed as Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I support Rand but I think the benefits of having McConnell's ear have been oversold. The Senate leader practically NEVER sides with Rand if the choice is between something Rand wants versus what the establishment wants.
    It's unlikely Paul would have even been able to run for POTUS without that endorsement.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    It's unlikely Paul would have even been able to run for POTUS without that endorsement.
    plus getting Bevin elected Governor.