Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: Stop Paul Ryan’s Omnibus Spending Bill

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The big thing is they slipped in CISA, its unpopular and they couldn't get it to pass otherwise it's in that must pass bill so it can't be stopped. Even Rand's not doing anything about it, i feel so unrepresented in this country.

THANKS OBAMA
    Write an angry letter to your congressmen. And/or vote extra hard in the next election cycle.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Write an angry letter to your congressmen. And/or vote extra hard in the next election cycle.
    I'm pretty sure this was Paul Ryan's fault, and the rest of the public who continue to elect terrorists who continue the failed omnibus funding bills that the government uses to circumvent democracy and increase deficits that doesn't ever take into consideration our huge debt.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

For the eager mind:
    scan the text for state/district-specific appropriations, and match it against the Yes vote of that CD's rep.

for the lazy programmer:
    write an app that does it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Paul Ryan says he doesn't like it, and next year we are gonna do things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Paul
    The size of government is inversely proportional to individual liberty.
    Best one-line quote from the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Paul
    The size of government is inversely proportional to individual liberty. As government grows, liberty is diminished. The government has no power that doesn’t come at the expense of personal liberty. The government has no money on its own—just what it confiscates from its citizens.
    Extended version.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Senate Roll Call for HR 2029:

Grouped By Vote Position
    YEAs ---73
    Alexander (R-TN)
    Ayotte (R-NH)
    Baldwin (D-WI)
    Barrasso (R-WY)
    Bennet (D-CO)
    Blumenthal (D-CT)
    Blunt (R-MO)
    Booker (D-NJ)
    Boozman (R-AR)
    Brown (D-OH)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Capito (R-WV)
    Cardin (D-MD)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Coats (R-IN)
    Cochran (R-MS)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Coons (D-DE)
    Corker (R-TN)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Cotton (R-AR)
    Donnelly (D-IN)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Ernst (R-IA)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Franken (D-MN)
    Gardner (R-CO)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Hatch (R-UT)
    Heinrich (D-NM)
    Heitkamp (D-ND)
    Heller (R-NV)
    Hirono (D-HI)
    Hoeven (R-ND)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Johnson (R-WI)
    Kaine (D-VA)
    Kirk (R-IL)
    Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Markey (D-MA)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Moran (R-KS)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Murphy (D-CT)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Perdue (R-GA)
    Peters (D-MI)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Rounds (R-SD)
    Schatz (D-HI)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Scott (R-SC)
    Shaheen (D-NH)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Sullivan (R-AK)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Tillis (R-NC)
    Toomey (R-PA)
    Udall (D-NM)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Wicker (R-MS)
    Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---25
    Burr (R-NC)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Cassidy (R-LA)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Cruz (R-TX)
    Daines (R-MT)
    Enzi (R-WY)
    Fischer (R-NE)
    Flake (R-AZ)
    King (I-ME)
    Lankford (R-OK)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Manchin (D-WV)
    McCaskill (D-MO)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Portman (R-OH)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Sasse (R-NE)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Tester (D-MT)
    Warner (D-VA)
    Warren (D-MA)

Not Voting - 2
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Rubio (R-FL) <----------------------- LOL

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00338
    Link is not working for me. Is that the cloture vote?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Link is not working for me. Is that the cloture vote?
    The one I posted above was not the final passage. It wasn't there at that time. There were 3 votes.

Cloture:

<the one I posted previously> On the Motion: Motion to Waive All Applicable Budgetary Discipline Re: Motion to Concur in the House Amendments to the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2029:

Final passage:

So there were several (7 or 8) voting Yea to the first 2 that voted Nay on the final vote. Grassley, Vitter, Wyden are 3 I see at first look.
    Last edited by CPUd; 12-18-2015 at 06:30 PM.

The one I posted above was not the final passage. It wasn't there at that time. There were 3 votes.
    So there were several (7 or 8) voting Yea to the first 2 that voted Nay on the final vote. Grassley, Vitter, Wyden are 3 I see at first look.
    Yeah, the ones who voted against final passage but voted for cloture are the ones that are hiding.

What is "Motion to Waive All Applicable Budgetary Discipline"? Would that stop it or hold it up?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 12-18-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yeah, the ones who voted against final passage but voted for cloture are the ones that are hiding.

What is "Motion to Waive All Applicable Budgetary Discipline"? Would that stop it or hold it up?
    PM tsai3904, he would know.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PM tsai3904, he would know.
    Keeping track of all of the votes is always a pain. The media usually reports final passage, and most of the time, it's just the totals. So easy for Senators to hide behind that.

Cloture:
    Looks like McCain is up for re-election...

I looked around, from what I gather, the original bill had something in it that would increase deficit spending. Someone probably raised that as a point of order. To get around that, the Motion to Waive All Applicable Budgetary Discipline was proposed. I believe that means they can go into off-budget (like the social Security fund) to offset the deficit. Also, I think this motion required 2/3 majority to pass.

Here's something similar that was done for the Gang of 8 bill:
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fo...rticle/2532451

Why is Rand not storming the media about this? He needs to be screaming bloody murder. He needs to raise his voice, literally. I'm tired of his typical "we think we have the upper hand on this and we think it will be hard for Marco to explain why he didn't vote"...etc. He keeps saying he and the political class underestimated how angry the voters are but he's still doing it! I want to see some legit rants
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Why is Rand not storming the media about this? He needs to be screaming bloody murder. He needs to raise his voice, literally. I'm tired of his typical "we think we have the upper hand on this and we think it will be hard for Marco to explain why he didn't vote"...etc. He keeps saying he and the political class underestimated how angry the voters are but he's still doing it! I want to see some legit rants
    I have a feeling they're putting something together for Sunday when he goes on SOTU and the short week ahead.

That's the part where the Senate votes to "waive" the previous laws they passed to limit spending. It requires a 2/3 majority to pass. If it didn't pass then yes, it would hold it up, but McConnell wouldn't have brought it to the floor in the first place if he didn't already know he had 2/3 lined up, so it was a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That's the part where the Senate votes to "waive" the previous laws they passed to limit spending. It requires a 2/3 majority to pass. If it didn't pass then yes, it would hold it up, but McConnell wouldn't have brought it to the floor in the first place if he didn't already know he had 2/3 lined up, so it was a formality.
    It looks like some of the Senators were playing games. Some voted for cloture, and some voted for the waiver. For instance, Cotton and Earnst voted against cloture, but voted for the waiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12