Thread: POLITIFACT: Geneva Conventions bar Trump's idea of killing terrorists' families, as Paul says

POLITIFACT: Geneva Conventions bar Trump's idea of killing terrorists' families, as Paul says

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ar-donald-tru/

Our ruling

Paul said, "If you are going to kill the families of terrorists, realize that there's something called the Geneva Convention we're going to have to pull out of."

A range of experts in international law agreed that at least two elements of the Geneva Convention would contravene a policy of killing family members of terrorists, and that the United States has demonstrated a commitment to adhering to both provisions.

We rate Paul’s statement True.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I did a quick run through of that site, according to them, jeb and Rand are the most honest, trump and Ted lie the most, and the rest are somewhere in the middle

I did a quick run through of that site, according to them, jeb and Rand are the most honest, trump and Ted lie the most, and the rest are somewhere in the middle

I was surprised Rand didn't just totally lose it at Trump at that point. He should have torn him new eye sockets.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    I was surprised Rand didn't just totally lose it at Trump at that point. He should have torn him new eye sockets.
    Rand did a good thing. He appealed to peoples emotions. He mentioned that "terrorists' families" means a 2 y/o or 4 y/o and women.
    I can guarantee you that every parent that heard him speak immediately rejected the idea of killing terrorist families out of hand at that moment.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Rand did a good thing. He appealed to peoples emotions. He mentioned that "terrorists' families" means a 2 y/o or 4 y/o and women.
    I can guarantee you that every parent that heard him speak immediately rejected the idea of killing terrorist families out of hand at that moment.
    "It is war, bad stuff happens" is all they say. "We need a tough guy to win it."
    Human nature. I remember when people on here suggested using this tactic on cop families. It all depends on who they hate whether it is justified.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    "It is war, bad stuff happens" is all they say. "We need a tough guy to win it."
    Human nature. I remember when people on here suggested using this tactic on cop families. It all depends on who they hate whether it is justified.
    You know how Rand likes to bring charts and graphs to his senate speeches? Bring some pics of some Syrian kids and ask people who wants to pull the trigger. Hands please? Who would like to execute this little 4 y/o girl? We can do it by drone right now? How about this little boy?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    I don't know, but that seems like a pretty accurate assessment.
    RVO˩UTION

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    "It is war, bad stuff happens" is all they say. . . .
    Nice find by OP - thanks. We need to find more press on all this.

The msm like Hannity just gloss over it, "Well I don't want to talk about the Geneva Convention, . . ."

But it is an indication of how King Trump of the Barbarians would rule as an authoritarian at home as well -
    he's earned worldwide condemnation pretty much, except from his new buddy Vladimir Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    I don't know, but that seems like a pretty accurate assessment.
    Right, I do think some of these things are politicized a bit, check out this one;

RAND PAUL
    Ebola is "incredibly contagious," "very transmissible" and "easy to catch."
    Politifact calls that 'mostly false'. Now you can have whatever argumentation about that but there's no denying that that statement is absolutely correct. If it's not, then why are the people in those makeshift hospitals wearing multiple layers of gloves and full body gear, burning it afterwards.. They could have said, mostly correct... But this sounds more like political motives.

As well as this one;

RAND PAUL
    Says Marco Rubio "is the one for an open border."
    "Pants on fire"

Their argument; "2013 bill included extensive border security."

That's like, their opinion...
    "I am a bird"