Thread: RAND PAUL DELEGATES

RAND PAUL DELEGATES

Now is the time for delegates to start preparing. I'd like to first point you to a thread I created in 2012 detailing our experience with our delegate race in PA.

What we learned from our PA delegate race that will help the next states

Poll workers, Poll workers, Poll workers.

Forget Canvasing. Forget robo-calls. Forget mailing.
    Now, for states like PA where delegates are voted upon, you need to start building a team NOW. Find out all the polling locations in your district, and how many people vote at those locations. You may be able to get this directly from the state elections office. If you're having problems (in PA), I will be developing this information (for PA) anyway so just contact me. Then assign people from to the largest downward.

With our poll workers we printed high quality 4x6 double-sided cards to hand out. You can find out the turnout at each location for 2008 and 2012 general elections and use that as a guide to decided your print quantity.

I'm offering my graphics design skills for free to anyone who wants cards designed. I'll provided you with a Photoshop PSD and printer quality CMYK PDF (that you can provide to your printer - 4x6 designs will include proper bleeding edges, etc). Below are designs I did for our 2012 delegate race:

Last edited by groverblue; 12-17-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know you're just posting examples, but however you do it, don't make the final format of the slate (including paper stock) available until the day you vote for delegates. People with other campaigns will copy the format and change the names. I know at least 1 occasion in 2012 they took one, scanned it, changed the names, went across the street to kinkos and printed them up. This was while the convention was going on. They were discovered when someone noticed the paper stock was slightly different, even though the paper color wasn't known until the day of the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I know you're just posting examples, but however you do it, don't make the final format of the slate (including paper stock) available until the day you vote for delegates. People with other campaigns will copy the format and change the names. I know at least 1 occasion in 2012 they took one, scanned it, changed the names, went across the street to kinkos and printed them up. This was while the convention was going on. They were discovered when someone noticed the paper stock was slightly different, even though the paper color wasn't known until the day of the convention.
    You could also consider getting a paper punch with some kind of unique symbol that nobody knows about and right before handing them out you punch out or emboss that symbol. Those things aren't expensive but it's rather hard to copy them during a convention. Doesn't have to be expensive or complicated.

Addition: also fun if you publish the design in advance and the 'opposition' prints up a whole bunch of fake ones but you have a security feature like this.. They'd be exposed big time.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 12-17-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    "I am a bird"