Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Super Brochures!

Cool Rand Paul Super Brochures!

Due to the unintended trouble this thread has cause, I hereby close this thread for good!
    Last edited by derek4ever; 12-18-2015 at 06:23 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh oh, here come the fireworks in 3, 2, 1
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Uh oh, here come the fireworks in 3, 2, 1
    Why? Did I do something wrong??

Serious question here: if these are so effective then why doesn't the campaign itself mail something like these out?

Quote Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
    Serious question here: if these are so effective then why doesn't the campaign itself mail something like these out?
    Good question! I was doing some digging during the afternoon and found the Super Brochure page. It's supposed to reach $50,000 in order to start sending out the Promotion Combo of a Bumper Sticker and a Super Brochure (ticker's at less than $41,000 complete). I'm not sure what's the real deal if the program's going on or not. But the idea would be great! Handing these out in sports games, colleges, schools, restaurants, cars, etc. I hope its still a go!!

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    Good question! I was doing some digging during the afternoon and found the Super Brochure page. It's supposed to reach $50,000 in order to start sending out the Promotion Combo of a Bumper Sticker and a Super Brochure (ticker's at less than $41,000 complete). I'm not sure what's the real deal if the program's going on or not. But the idea would be great! Handing these out in sports games, colleges, schools, restaurants, cars, etc. I hope its still a go!!
    I think the RPF gripe is that the prices are overinflated and that the brochures do more harm than good. I wasn't around when the brochures went out for Ron but many here are adamant against it.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Watch the first part of this video and see how Ron's blackout matches Rand's blackout... about 4 years later!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome! The check is in the mail. Sure hope I get some by Christmas. Can't wait to see the tykes faces!

Quote Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
    The campaign has been doing door hangers in the early states for several months now, with targeted (single issue) messaging. Aside from the obvious profit motives, this other thing is more like carpet bombing with multiple issues.

I'm neg-repping anyone who posts about untested brochures not written by the campaign. It's not even about the fact that people are making a profit. It's about the fact that these things hurt the campaign and these people don't give a $#@!.
    Last edited by SilentBull; 12-17-2015 at 09:30 PM.

ATTENTION WE ARE NOW AT PAULCON ONE, PAULCON ONE, A FLAME WAR IS IMMINENT,SEEK NEUTRALITY OR YOU MAY BE AFFECTED BY NEG REP

Much easier, cheaper, and probably more effective, to just print out thousands of copies of the Rand campaign logo and the campaign website on plain white paper, and randomly accidentally leave them in places.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Oh God, not these things again.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    I'm neg-repping anyone who posts about untested brochures not written by the campaign. It's not even about the fact that people are making a profit. It's about the fact that these $#@!ing things hurt the campaign and these $#@!s don't give a $#@!.
    Paging Curt Schultz, paging Curt Schultz.

These only need to be sent to past 2008-2012 Ron supporters In Iowa, NH, and NV. The campaign does have literature going around in the first states.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, these brochures SINGLE HANDEDLY brought Ron a 116% increase of support in Iowa. Not buying it? Can't argue with cool graphics:

The word 'superbrochure' sounds like something my grandmother would get from Publishers Clearing House.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Hope i don't get a bad rap here, since i was just trying to bring some awareness to stuff like this, no more, no less. I don't have time for other agendas except a freedom agenda!

How can you know about Slim Jims and not know about Superbrochures?

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    These only need to be sent to past 2008-2012 Ron supporters In Iowa, NH, and NV. The campaign does have literature going around in the first states.
    I agree that something like this is much more appropriate for previous hardcore supporters. It's not going to win over people who aren't yet interested. You need a less cluttered and more to the point simple approach for that. Something to entice people to learn more. They have to want it before they'll do it. Make them want to learn more about Rand. Don't make them learn more about Rand.
    "I am a bird"

Carpet bomb neighborhoods with Super Brochures dropped from a Blimp!
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    How can you know about Slim Jims and not know about Superbrochures?
    The slimjims were great! I wish Rand was doing that.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

These are the official campaign door hangers for Iowa:

https://www.randpaul.com/doorhangers/IAdoorhanger.pdf

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    I think the RPF gripe is that the prices are overinflated and that the brochures do more harm than good. I wasn't around when the brochures went out for Ron but many here are adamant against it.
    Early ones had errors, slightly less early ones had pictures of coffins, and even the ultimately approved ones contained incorrect information (which is going to happen when you have such a massive amount of information combined with variable text). They don't look good, and they scream TL;DR to the average person who's already not very interested.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Were the Slim Jims a failure too or did they actually work? Or maybe we can focus on flyers and infographic brochures?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Early ones had errors, slightly less early ones had pictures of coffins, and even the ultimately approved ones contained incorrect information (which is going to happen when you have such a massive amount of information combined with variable text). They don't look good, and they scream TL;DR to the average person who's already not very interested.
    And they are not targeted in any way. Too many issues. All it takes is for the reader (If they even read them) to find one issue that gives them heartburn and that's where they will focus. It doesn't allow the issue to be explained. And definitely not in the way the specific voter would need it explained.

It's a nice thought, but your money is probably best spent elsewhere. Donate to the campaign. If you're maxed out, help out the volunteers. Give to a liberty SuperPac. The brochures can be very counter-productive. They are designed for YOU - not for the person receiving them. Remember that.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Yep... this one has errors as well.

Hopefully they've at least fixed the bumper stickers they were giving away to show a current American flag.

ETA: Nope, and it's wrong in the logo for "Forever Free" as well.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 12-17-2015 at 08:32 PM.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    ATTENTION WE ARE NOW AT PAULCON ONE, PAULCON ONE, A FLAME WAR IS IMMINENT,SEEK NEUTRALITY OR YOU MAY BE AFFECTED BY NEG REP

I'm working on taking the words from the Super Brochures out and simplifying them (wonder if it will work?). I think I'll create personalized Rand Paul brochures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic