Thread: Operation AM Storm [Its Time to Storm AM Talk Radio for Rand]

Operation AM Storm [Its Time to Storm AM Talk Radio for Rand]

Operation AM Storm

Lets get to the point, in order to win the GOP nomination Rand is going to need more than the liberty movement at his back. Ted Cruz has demonstrated an ability to cobble together a coalition of support from the conservative, evangelical and the liberty wing of the Republican Party. As the grassroots support for Rand, I believe we should implement strategies that will help our man achieve a similar coalition, without stepping on the toes of his campaign. One strategy I believe can make a positive difference is to call in to national and local (IA and NH) AM radio programs to promote Paul, not as a libertarian fringest, but as a common sense constitutional conservative. This must be a concerted effort in order to maximize effect. At the same time, it needs to not be blatantly obvious, as that would actually be more harmful than good.

If you listen to the programs of Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Steve Deace etc. you will notice there is a strong dissatisfaction and refutation of the establishment in the Republican party. At the moment right now Marco Rubio needs to be target number one. The Rubio campaign has been attempting to tie Ted Cruz to Rand Paul in an effort to hurt the Cruz campaign. Ironically, I believe we need to do exactly that to bolster Paul's.

And so we need to:

- Attack Rubio as establishment and anti-conservative

- Use the words and policies of Paul to contrast Rubio
    - Tie Paul with Cruz on these attacks on Rubio and the establishment
    - On decent Trump positions (there are a few, like foreign involvement) tie Paul's positions with Trump's.
    - Listen to what the radio host is talking about and if applicable, talk about how Rand agrees with the host's positions.
    -Be more agreeable than defensive

It is important that we don't seem like:

-Die hard Ron Paul/Rand Paul cultists. Instead we need to sound like solid conservative types who are warm to the ideas of Rand and Ted. Many who support Rand are in fact solid-conservative types

-Hardcore libertarians. I'm not saying throw it under the bus, far from it, but instead couch the ideas of liberty in a more standard conservative casing.
    -Aggressive, mean, belittling, etc.

In order to keep this AM offensive efficient, we should keep the community continually informed on what shows you called into, how was the reception, what was said, etc. If you can ahead of time, link to the show before you are on so that others here can listen.

Here's an example of what I said when
    I called into Mark Levin's program on Dec. 16:

"Hi Mr. Levin, I wish I could say I was shocked at the pundit class propping up Rubio after the debate. I think Paul and Cruz eviscerated him and its almost like they are watching a different debate, immigration, border security, amnesty.. he was eviscerated. They are on a different planet..

And yet you see the MSM puppets playing up the neocon angle.. I mean Luntz's group says Christie, another Patriot Act loving RINO was the big winner and Paul is lumped with Jeb as the biggest losers--get real, where they watching someone else? I mean I'm glad there was some love for Cruz in that group but aside from that , where does Luntz conduct his focus groups out of KARL Rove’s closet?"

Here is a list of programs you can call into:

Glenn Beck - 9-12pm Eastern 1-888-727-BECK
    Laura Ingraham 9-12pm Eastern 1-855-405-2872
    Rush Limbaugh 12-3pm Eastern 1-800-282-2882
    Michael Medved 3-6PM Eastern 1-800-955-1776
    Sean Hannity
    3-6pm Eastern 1-800-941-7326
    Michael Savage 3-6pm Eastern 1-800-449-8255
    Mark Levin 6-9pm Eastern 1-877-381-3811
    Steve Deace 9pm-12am Eastern - Listen for call in #
    Local talk radio hosts in the IA and NH areas

If you have the names and numbers of any other show to call into, please leave that information and it will be added to the list. If you call and get a busy signal, this is common. Don't give up and keep on ringing until you get through. Happy hunting!

-Carlton

P.S.

Suggestions, timely topics, buzzwords are all welcome.. in fact they are downright wanted. Eventually I want to get people on here coming up with some loose outlines for callers to use (if you feel you are no good talking on the radio, helping in this way would be equally awesome). Until that's all figured out, just be mindful of the do's and don'ts listed above. If you let me know what program you were on and when, roughly, your comment took place, I can probably track it down and make an mp3 for posterity.
    Last edited by carlton; 12-17-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some good timely topics:

Terror: Rand and Cruz both oppose arming Middle Eastern moderate Muslims. You can talk here about how Rand said arming them would just mean that we'd eventually be facing our own weapons when those 'moderates' show their 'radical' stripes. Juxtapose this with the Rubio McCain position. Remember, goal is to hug Cruz here while shivving Rubio.

Patriot Act: You can talk about how Rand and Ted are right in their fight against the Patriot Act which hasn't been shown to have stopped a single terror plot. Harken back to Paul's epic filibuster on the subject and also bring up how Ted was right in calling Rubio's attacks against Cruz and Rand as Alinskyite tactics. Remember, we're bear hugging Cruz here... might feel icky but its necessary. You should also bring up Rand's point that the NSA having so much data, even with the Freedom Act, makes us less safe since the govt. is inundated with to much information (this subtly refutes Cruz's position without being explicit)

Immigration: Rand and Cruz are correct that Rubio's track record shows he's more in line with Chuck Schumer than conservatives. The Gang of 8 bill would have lessened restrictions for visas (play up the terror fear here, disgusting I know but where talking about the GOP) and granted amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Now, you can lightly dab Cruz here since he said in the debate that he doesn't "intend" to grant undocumented citizens a pathway to citizenship, which is slippery lawyer speak. You can talk about Paul's bills to stop refugees from terrorist states and how you're glad Cruz supports such measures.

Remember, the goal is to sound as un-Randbot as possible, if you don't play this down enough you'll lose all credibility to the listener. Give them soundbytes they can agree on, that they scream "hell yeah" too.. its dirty work but must be done. Think about it, Rand has to go through this crap everyday.
    Last edited by carlton; 12-17-2015 at 05:50 AM.
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Bump

Hey Carlton, I think you're dead on about needing to engage the public via talk radio. I also commend your creativity (the 'Paul condemns RPF' post was hysterical) and boldness to go on these programs.

I listen to a lot of talk radio during my commute and I always notice how Rand Paul gets the shaft. I'm not sure if they're actively screening out Pro Rand callers or if people just aren't calling.

I've never felt politically informed enough to engage a talk show host, but maybe it's time to give it a shot... What's the worst that could happen?

Can you give us some insight into the process of calling in and waiting on hold? What was the call screening process like?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. Looking forward to whatever else you end up doing, and hope to hear from others as well. Who knows, maybe I'll work up the gall to contribute something myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stealth View Post
    Hey Carlton, I think you're dead on about needing to engage the public via talk radio. I also commend your creativity (the 'Paul condemns RPF' post was hysterical) and boldness to go on these programs.

I listen to a lot of talk radio during my commute and I always notice how Rand Paul gets the shaft. I'm not sure if they're actively screening out Pro Rand callers or if people just aren't calling.

I've never felt politically informed enough to engage a talk show host, but maybe it's time to give it a shot... What's the worst that could happen?

Can you give us some insight into the process of calling in and waiting on hold? What was the call screening process like?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. Looking forward to whatever else you end up doing, and hope to hear from others as well. Who knows, maybe I'll work up the gall to contribute something myself.
    The thing is you have to have your points laid out before you make the call. I write myself a little script and go off that (I did telemarkeing so its not difficult). If scripts aren't your thing, use talking points. This is important because the call screener will sort of feel you out and see if you can make decent exchanges [this is why its also important not to seem like a Paulbot].

I recomend calling in as early as possible into the show. I had to call for 25 minutes before getting past the busy signal. If the producer likes you then he/she will tell you to wait on the phone until its time to talk. As you wait on the phone, you will hear the program going on the line. The host will say something like 'we have a caller (your name) calling from (your city), sometimes the producer will break through on your end saying something like 'OK go'. Then you talk

What was Levin's reaction to your call? Did you get it recorded or is there a recording available?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

On one of the spin shows after the debate one of the ditzy pundits was reacting to Rubio vs. Cruz over the NSA; she said Cruz's position was "constitutional" and wasn't "like Rand Paul's." I was in disbelief.

I think all of us who supported Cruz in '12 and donated to his campaign--at the lead of Ron and Rand--regretted it about a year in. BUT, I sincerely do agree with Carlton's sentiment here. The mainstream media is already trying to lump the two of them together, so why not just use the MSM and Cruz's popularity in our favor? When people give up on Cruz, they can then look to Rand Paul, as the MSM has already put Cruz and Paul in the same camp.

I don't have any suggestions proper, but I do endorse the idea. What have we got to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What was Levin's reaction to your call? Did you get it recorded or is there a recording available?
    From the initial post:

I called into Mark Levin's program on Dec. 16
    Last edited by carlton; 12-17-2015 at 02:54 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatpeculiarcat
    I think all of us who supported Cruz in '12 and donated to his campaign--at the lead of Ron and Rand--regretted it about a year in.
    I sure do!

Great idea, by the way.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    . . .Great idea, by the way.
    Ron Paul supporters seemed to dominate call-in on CSPAN's Washington Journal - the morning call-in show on cable TV and some radio stations.
    I got on three times, usually had some RP quote from "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" - something fresh from Rand's book would work now.

I don't have cable (so, not sure if they still do that even - although I found this(?)
    "Consistent with its emphasis on reflecting a wide variety of viewpoints, C-SPAN aims to take approximately 60 calls in each program,
    and roughly 20,000 calls per year"

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    From the initial post:

I called into Mark Levin's program on Dec. 16
    I think in the end there he might have figured out you were a Rand supporter. Either that, or when you called Christie a RINO, he sounded kinda disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I think in the end there he might have figured out you were a Rand supporter. Either that, or when you called Christie a RINO, he sounded kinda disappoint.
    Levin mingles with politicians.. but I can tell you that his audience hates Christie. Goal is to connect with the audience, not necessarily the host.

It is important that we don't seem like:

-Die hard Ron Paul/Rand Paul cultists.

I called into Mark Levin's program on Dec. 16:

"Hi Mr. Levin, I wish I could say I was shocked at the pundit class propping up Rubio after the debate. I think Paul and Cruz eviscerated him and its almost like they are watching a different debate, immigration, border security, amnesty.. he was eviscerated. They are on a different planet..

And yet you see the MSM puppets playing up the neocon angle.. I mean Luntz's group says Christie, another Patriot Act loving RINO was the big winner and Paul is lumped with Jeb as the biggest losers--get real, where they watching someone else? I mean I'm glad there was some love for Cruz in that group but aside from that , where does Luntz conduct his focus groups out of KARL Rove’s closet?"

Everyone new you were a die hard Paul supporter the second you brought up the Patriot Act. Just fyi.

Nobody cares about the Patriot Act besides us.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Everyone new you were a die hard Paul supporter the second you brought up the Patriot Act. Just fyi.

Nobody cares about the Patriot Act besides us.
    Levin has been railing against the Patriot Act ever since Rubio has been trying to smear Cruz with it.

Going to be making some calls tomorrow. Probably to Rush and Hannity. I will post audio links to the exchanges afterwords. Would be awesome if some of you guys made some calls too! Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about making this point when I make calls tomorrow, what do you guys think:

Marco Rubio wants to spy on all Americans, lets be clear here, the terror threat isn't coming from all Americans but a very specific subset, Islamic Radicals. Rubio supports the patriot act, just like John McCain. Rubio wants to arm terrorists, just like John McCain. You know who doesn't? Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. Those two destroyed Rubio at the debate three days ago.. but does the media notice? No, they are still out there pimping the establishment and its disgusting. Its time to throw the Rubios, McCains and Christies out of the party and elect more Ted Cruz's and Rand Pauls.
    Last edited by carlton; 12-17-2015 at 09:36 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm thinking about making this point when I make calls tomorrow, what do you guys think:
    Honestly it depends on your audience but immigration is Rubio's and Cruz's weak spot. Rand did a bad job representing Marco's policies in the debate but Marco also has problems defending his positions on it, almost as bad of a time as Cruz does. Most people don't care about data sadly enough, it's the younger people who understand metadata and encryption. So if you get younger/libertarian people then Rand's stances on the patriot act are the best to bring up. No one else comes close on this issue.

The key issue this election though is trust and Cruz is the worst on this one because he has taken multiple different positions on several key issues, which is the reason why he is the least electable. If anything we could be going to Cruz' liberty supporters with a convincing argument that Rand should carry Cruz' liberty torch because Cruz can't win the general election.

If you tie the emotional connection that Americans have with their distrust with the Iraq war into trusting you then you can do what Trump does-he could fart on live TV and deny it after an instant replay and the parrots will still say the media's narrative, they will say "If Trump gets elected something will happen, can't tell you what.... but it will happen, and If anybody else gets elected there won't be any change."

Great idea carlton.
    I do not get much free time during the day, but will try to make several calls ASAP.

FYI: Here is another:
    The Joe Walsh Show, airs in Chicagoland and the greater New York metropolitan area. The radio program is a great platform to help grow a freedom movement which is already gaining momentum across the country.
    5 to 7pm each weeknight (probably CT)
    The call-in number is 312-642-5600
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

From my call today into Sean Hannity's show (Mark Simone filling in)

https://soundcloud.com/president-pau...ity-marksimone

Good job.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Levin has been railing against the Patriot Act ever since Rubio has been trying to smear Cruz with it.
    Maybe so, but you used the word NeoCon as well. You did well, don't get me wrong. But he knew you were a Paul supporter, and he sounded annoyed when he hung up on you. Since you mentioned you don't want to sound like a Paul cultist. From the tone of his voice it seemed to me that's exactly what he thought you were.

Levin basically is a NeoCon, so I would guess that term really annoys him. And he's always hated us Paul supporters in previous cycles, though he claims to like Rand more than he did Ron.
    Last edited by William Tell; 12-18-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe