Thread: Newt Gingrich: Paul had his "best performance of the campaign"

Newt Gingrich: Paul had his "best performance of the campaign"

https://www.facebook.com/newtgingric...type=3&theater

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is surprising to see...

Thanks Newt?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

That's good. But all the talk show jackasses I heard today talked about everybody but Rand Paul. Or they found a quick way to dismiss and attack him.

Jackass Rush Limbaugh. "Rand just attacked everybody." Earth to jackass. Everybody attacked everybody. Rand's attacks were substantive unlike those that Jeb Bush through out.

Jackass Michael DelGiorno (Local jackass). "Rand's answer to ISIS is just do nothing." Earth to jackass. Rand's proposal was similar (but better) than the proposals Trump and Cruz put forward which is let Russia fight ISIS (Trump), don't send in ground troops (Cruz), be careful screening immigrants (Everybody falsely claimed that was their position despite evidence to the contrary).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    That's good. But all the talk show jackasses I heard today talked about everybody but Rand Paul. Or they found a quick way to dismiss and attack him.

Jackass Rush Limbaugh. "Rand just attacked everybody." Earth to jackass. Everybody attacked everybody. Rand's attacks were substantive unlike those that Jeb Bush through out.

Jackass Michael DelGiorno (Local jackass). "Rand's answer to ISIS is just do nothing." Earth to jackass. Rand's proposal was similar (but better) than the proposals Trump and Cruz put forward which is let Russia fight ISIS (Trump), don't send in ground troops (Cruz), be careful screening immigrants (Everybody falsely claimed that was their position despite evidence to the contrary).
    But it's Rand's fault he's where he's at because his campaign has been so horrible

People need to understand that an entirely different set of rules applies to Rand. People who honestly think if Rand has done everything Trump has he would be in the same place winning with 40% blow my mind.

The talking heads need to figure out that nobody listens if they keep saying the same thing as everyone else. They would get more attention if they championed Rand Paul, because so few appreciate him. I have heard a couple on CNN say they liked him. That's pretty amazing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I still think we should make Newt Gingrich ambassador to the moon... I said it in 2012, I'll say it again. LOL

It's a really unfair and somewhat baffling. I think a lot of talk radio media types are still butt hurt from Ron's campaigns. In some ways, if Rand was the second coming of Regan they would have to find a way to dis him. At the same time, if Rand's soul took over Trump's body, he would be the Oracle of Delphi to the talk radio jock meatheads. Such a shame.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The talking heads need to figure out that nobody listens if they keep saying the same thing as everyone else. They would get more attention if they championed Rand Paul, because so few appreciate him. I have heard a couple on CNN say they liked him. That's pretty amazing.
    I can't quite compute why Newt and Krauthamer both singled out Rand positively. I mean I can assert conspiracy theories? What if they see that its gonna be an anti-establishment type either way, and they are starting to just prefer Paul to either Trump or the famously hard to work with Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    I can't quite compute why Newt and Krauthamer both singled out Rand positively. I mean I can assert conspiracy theories? What if they see that its gonna be an anti-establishment type either way, and they are starting to just prefer Paul to either Trump or the famously hard to work with Cruz?
    Newt has said good things about Rand in the past. Krauthammer not so much.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Maybe they are starting to panic with the Trump Show?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

They may see the writing on the wall. Rand has a real campaign. He is going to be a force no matter what the polls say (although his poll numbers are likely to see a bump). Newt is very good at politics. If they play nice now and stealthily marginalize later, "They" have a better chance of winning over some of us pesky upstarts than if they are straight up jackasses through it all.

At some point you start doing the head-to-head matchups vs. hillary.

One thing that overrules any "establishment" criteria in the GOP...thats always "dont lose to the dems"...they'd run a talking donkey if it would beat the dems.

As you start doing the math, you quickly realize, Rand is the only one or 1 of maybe 2 that will beat hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    At some point you start doing the head-to-head matchups vs. hillary.

One thing that overrules any "establishment" criteria in the GOP...thats always "dont lose to the dems"...they'd run a talking donkey if it would beat the dems.
    Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. Hillary would be absolutely amazing for RNC fundraising!

Sometimes, I think we need to understand what the "establishment" is. They exist in both parties and in the corporate world. Ideologically, they have differences among themselves, but their chief disagreement is who gets to hold the power. Their major agreement, though, is that the power they have must be preserved and grown.

They certainly do not want Trump to have control of their power, but they know he won't diminish it. At least it will be safe with him and he'll probably grow it. Hence, the free media they continue to give him. (If the establishment really despised him, do you really think he'd be getting the mass coverage that's driving his poll numbers?!)

Rand is the only real threat to the establishment's power as he's actually suggesting giving some of it back to the people. Any overtures from the establishment should be taken with a grain of salt. Newt and Kraut aren't trying to help Rand, they're trying to help themselves.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

It's Rand's fault that people think that he wants to do nothing about ISIS. He introduced a declaration of war against ISIS in the Senate but now never even mentions it in the debates. The ultimate result of what he did was that he alienated libertarians by supporting military action against ISIS but is alienating everyone else by not ever mentioning his proposed declaration of war in the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Newt has said good things about Rand in the past. Krauthammer not so much.

Even back in 2012 when Newt dropped his campaign he was telling people it was a big mistake to shut out the Paul people form the RNC.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Even back in 2012 when Newt dropped his campaign he was telling people it was a big mistake to shut out the Paul people form the RNC.
    Newt, I think he is a smart man and he was right, it was a big mistake for the establishment to shut Ron's fan base out like they did.

Newt was a funny fella and I even thought Ron Paul as President with Newt as VP would have been interesting.

Moon colonies, man those moon colonies hahaha

I recently watched his appearance on the revived CNN Crossfire series from a few years back. Newt seemed to be all smiles and in agreement with him on the show. Just going from this tweet though, it's not like Newt is endorsing him; he's just not being his usual prickish self.

Keep in mind this is the man who had heated exchanges with Ron. I remember back in the day, Newt was pretty hated around here, and for good reason.