Thread: Rand Crashing a Trump Rally

Rand Crashing a Trump Rally

Picture this:

Donald Trump is holding another one of his rallies in Iowa. The arena is massive, there are 20,000 people in attendance, TV cameras all covering the event live. Trump starts going on about how we need to "get smart" and "get practical" on terrorism. We need to torture, we need to block Muslim immigration, we need to shut down parts of the internet.

All of a sudden...a bullhorn can be heard in the distance getting louder. The doors burst open, and Rand Paul marches in surrounded by an army of supporters.

"ENEMY OF LIBERTY!!!"
    "WE BELIEVE IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!"
    "DEFEND THE BILL OF RIGHTS!!!"

The crowd goes wild with excitement. The cameras instantly turn and zoom in on Rand, walking confidently towards the stage. He's blocked by security, but is close enough to look Trump in the eye. Through a microphone and portable speaker system, his voice rings out loud.

"I challenge you Donald Trump to debate me on the Constitution, right here, right now!"

Rand's supporters burst into loud cheers. And start chanting "Stand with Rand!, Stand with Rand!"
    Trump's supporters chant back "Trump! Trump! Trump!"

Donald Trump gives a cocky smile, and just shakes his head.

"You are afraid to debate me Donald, you always have been! If you turn me down now you'll demonstrate just what a coward you really are! If you're as smart as you say you are, this should be no problem for you!"

Trump sighs and spreads his hands to the audience. "Well I can't say I've ever had this happen to me before! Should I let him on stage? What do you think, do you want to see me debate him?" The audience is rippling with excitement. They're a little uncertain, but they start yelling their assent.

"YEAH! DEBATE HIM!"
    "SHOW HIM WHO'S BOSS TRUMP!"
    "BLOW HIM AWAY DONALD!"

It's clear Donald is a little worried about playing into Rand's hands, but he dare not show it. He knows this spectacle already has worldwide attention, it wouldn't do to back down from a challenge with the whole world watching. "Ok, ok, I'll tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring him up on stage, and get him a mic. Let's have a debate. Ok? Let's do it."

With a smile, Rand Paul marches onto the stage. He smiles and waves for the audience. A couple of them are booing, but the rest of them are just excited. Rand's supporters go ballistic. As soon as he has a mic on him, Rand doesn't wait. He immediately confronts Trump on the Constitution. Trump tries to argue back, but Rand is well prepared with a knockout line. Rand controls the discussion. Every time Trump gives his response to one topic, Rand hits him hard with something else.

After a while, Trump looks pretty bad. He was caught off guard, and his attempts to stump Rand have all fallen short. Rand is passionate about the Constitution, and ready for every sideways argument Donald brought at him. Trump really isn't that educated in the nuances of political subjects in the same way Rand is, and in a debate like this he was out of his league. The audience is a little bit shocked by what's happening.

It looks like Trump is getting ready to throw Rand off stage to save face. But before he gets the chance to, Rand speaks up, shaking his head. "You know, I didn't think when I came here today that you would be THIS uneducated, THIS naive to the Constitution. You're all bluster Donald, I expected a lot more from you. And to be honest at this point, this isn't worth my time."

Rand walks off stage into the crowd of his cheering supporters. They exit the building chanting, "Stand with Rand! Stand with Rand!" Back at the Trump rally, everyone is dead silent.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 12-14-2015 at 12:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Picture this:

Donald Trump is holding another one of his rallies in Iowa. The arena is massive, there are 20,000 people in attendance, TV cameras all covering the event live. Trump starts going on about how we need to "get smart" and "get practical" on terrorism. We need to torture, we need to block Muslim immigration, we need to shut down parts of the internet.

All of a sudden...a bullhorn can be heard in the distance getting louder. The doors burst open, and Rand Paul marches in surrounded by an army of supporters.

"ENEMY OF LIBERTY!!!"
    "WE BELIEVE IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!"
    "DEFEND THE BILL OF RIGHTS!!!"

The crowd goes wild with excitement. The cameras instantly turn and zoom in on Rand, walking confidently towards the stage. He's blocked by security, but is close enough to look Trump in the eye. Through a microphone and portable speaker system, his voice rings out loud.

"I challenge you Donald Trump to debate me on the Constitution, right here, right now!"

Rand's supporters burst into loud cheers. And start chanting "Stand with Rand!, Stand with Rand!"
    Trump's supporters chant back "Trump! Trump! Trump!"

Donald Trump gives a cocky smile, and just shakes his head.

"You are afraid to debate me Donald, you always have been! If you turn me down now you'll demonstrate just what a coward you really are! If you're as smart as you say you are, this should be no problem for you!"

Trump sighs and spreads his hands to the audience. "Well I can't say I've ever had this happen to me before! Should I let him on stage? What do you think, do you want to see me debate this him?" The audience is rippling with excitement. They're a little uncertain, but they start yelling their assent.

"YEAH! DEBATE HIM!"
    "SHOW HIM WHO'S BOSS TRUMP!"
    "BLOW HIM AWAY DONALD!"

It's clear Donald is a little worried about playing into Rand's hands, but he dare not show it. He knows this spectacle already has worldwide attention, it wouldn't do to back down from a challenge with the whole world watching. "Ok, ok, I'll tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna bring him up on stage, and get him a mic. Let's have a debate. Ok? Let's do it."

With a smile, Rand Paul marches onto the stage. He smiles and waves for the audience. A couple of them are booing, but the rest of them are just excited. Rand's supporters go ballistic. As soon as he has a mic on him, Rand doesn't wait. He immediately confront's Trump on the Constitution. Trump tries to argue back, but Rand is well prepared with a knockout line. Rand controls the discussion. Every time Trump gives his response to one topic, Rand hits him hard with something else.

After a while, Trump looks pretty bad. He was caught off guard, and his attempts to stump Rand have all fallen short. Rand is passionate about the Constitution, and ready for every sideways argument Donald brought at him. Trump really isn't that educated in the nuances of political subjects in the same way Rand is, and in a debate like this he was out of his league. The audience is a little bit shocked by what's happening.

It looks like Trump is getting ready to throw Rand off stage to save face. But before he gets the chance to, Rand speaks up, shaking his head. "You know, I didn't think when I came here today that you would be THIS uneducated, THIS naive to the Constitution. You're all bluster Donald, I expected a lot more from you. And to be honest at this point, this isn't worth my time."

Rand walks off stage into the crowd of his cheering supporters. They exit the building chanting, "Stand with Rand! Stand with Rand!" Back at the Trump rally, everyone is dead silent.
    Reminds me of the time I was watching WWE long time ago and Vince McMahon was having his Fan Appreciation Night. He had a poster of him photoshopped onto a magazine cover yada yada yada. Then Trump appeared on a mega screen saying that he knows what fans want: money. What happened next was that Trump dropped McMahon's money from the top (I don't remember how much it was but it was a great sum) and then they had the battle of the billionaires.

I don't know if it would be a good idea or not, that's not up to me. But if Rand wants to do it, he should.

I'm pretty sure it would go down like "I'll debate you when you get out of single digits! Excuse me! I'll tell you what, I will do more to protect the Constitution than any other president in your lifetime, that I can tell you! Now take your crazy Ron Paul cult followers outta here and get your own rally!"

Though your version is more inspiring.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Interesting idea. These are the kind of ideas that should be discretely emailed to the campaign instead of put on a public forum, IMHO.

Hell, even a flash mob for Rand idea with our supporters infiltrating other candidate's rallies would be another idea. Reminds me of the types of rallies that used to happen outside of the place where Ron was at. Does anybody here have an e-mail to send our ideas to the campaign? Obviously by PM, I'm not dumb enough to go around ratting out our plans.

Blimp
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Bad idea; Trump rallies are like lynch mobs, and they are beating the $#@! out of people they think don't belong.

That bullhorn is more likely manned by Alex Jones.....and he would probably be interrupting a Rand event.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The media would have a field day with Rand. They would report "Rand knows that the CNN debate will be his last, so this is the only way he can get to debate Trump, who is still dominating the polls" etc etc. It would also be on Trump's turf, so he would already be the projected winner of the debate on the basis of that. The only one's cheering for Rand would be his supporters.

This only works in the fantasy land of Paul supporters, not in the real world. In the real world this would be spun and framed as a desperate attempt of Rand to get attention through the frontrunner by harrassing him and pestering him at his rallies.

Rand lowering himself to have to crash an opposing campaign reeks of desperation. Trump would say something like Crashland said above and the crowd would cheer wildly for Trump, a total humiliation for Rand.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rand lowering himself to have to crash an opposing campaign reeks of desperation. Trump would say something like Crashland said above and the crowd would cheer wildly for Trump, a total humiliation for Rand.
    That's why OP's handle is DevilsAdvocate

I say we fill Trump's office with bees. My apiarist owes me a favor.

Terrible idea that doesn't at all fit Rand's character, and incidentally would only give Trump more publicity.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I say we fill Trump's office with bees. My apiarist owes me a favor.
    Does he do good work?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3