JONES FILES TO CONTINUE FIGHT FOR CONSERVATIVE PRINCIPLES IN CONGRESS

POSTED BY WALTER JONES FOR CONGRESS
DECEMBER 10, 2015 12:39 PM

"I wake up every day on a mission to serve the people of Eastern North Carolina, not the establishment leaders in Washington or the special interests."

Today, Congressman Walter B. Jones filed to run for re-election to represent Eastern North Carolina's Third Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives. A lifelong Eastern North Carolinian, Congressman Jones resides in Farmville with his wife of almost 50 years, Joe Anne. Congressman Jones released the following statement about his candidacy:

"I wake up every day on a mission to serve the people of Eastern North Carolina, not the establishment leaders in Washington or the special interests.

While many in Congress forget their conservative principles and the taxpayers they represent, I've stood strong. While others have pushed for open borders and amnesty, I've been a leader in the fight to secure our borders against illegal aliens and terrorists. While some have turned their back on the Judeo-Christian values this country was founded on, I've stayed true.

At a time when our national debt is spiraling out of control, people need a voice to fight against the big spenders in Washington, not join them. I've tried to be that voice. I voted against the bailouts and Obamacare. Over the past 11 years, I'm the only member of Congress to vote against every increase in the debt limit, and every debt-filled budget bill. And during that time, I've voted against more spending bills than all but one of my Republican colleagues.

I also recognize the importance of keeping the faith with our military men and women and their families. They've sacrificed for us, and we owe it to them to honor our promises. That is why over the past three years I have cosponsored more bills to help our veterans than any other member of Congress.

Our nation is facing big problems. We don't need another rubber stamp in Congress to vote for bad, back room deals cut by party leaders in Washington. I've fought against those deals tooth and nail, and I'm excited about the opportunity to continue the fight for the people of Eastern North Carolina."
http://www.walterjonescommittee.com/...es_in_congress