Thread: If you live in a state/territory with an open/closed primary/caucus... Heads up!

Exclamation If you live in a state/territory with an open/closed primary/caucus... Heads up!

To all my friends living in the USA,

Just want to put out a brief list of the states and territories with an open or closed contest, be it primary or caucus. Heads up!

Closed caucus (15): Iowa, Nevada, Alaska, Colorado, North Dakota, Wyoming, Maine, Kansas, Kentucky, Hawaii, D.C., Guam, Virgin Islands and Montana.

Closed primary (15): Oklahoma, Louisiana, Idaho, Florida, Arizona, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Washington, California, New Mexico and South Dakota.

Modified caucus (1): Missouri.

Modified primary (9): New Hampshire, Georgia, Massachusetts, Ohio, North Carolina, Utah, Rhode Island, West Virginia and New Jersey.

Open caucus (2): Minnesota and American Samoa.

Open primary (13): South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Mississippi, Michigan, Puerto Rico, Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana.

Semi-closed primary (1): Nebraska

I just sent my registration form to re-register as a Republican to vote in Florida. Good luck and spread the news to your friends! (I know I will)
    Last edited by derek4ever; 12-13-2015 at 07:08 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep for productive/informational threads.

Which there is a huge lack of, this election cycle.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    +rep for productive/informational threads.

Which there is a huge lack of, this election cycle.
    Thanks a ton for the feedback! Yes, I was doing some deep digging on the forum and didn't find info on this, so I thought that it would be important to create a thread to signal which states have open, closed or modified contests. I'll start looking up for the deadlines and post them as soon as I get all the dates!

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    Thanks a ton for the feedback! Yes, I was doing some deep digging on the forum and didn't find info on this, so I thought that it would be important to create a thread to signal which states have open, closed or modified contests. I'll start looking up for the deadlines and post them as soon as I get all the dates!
    Great work derek! This should be stickied.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Louisiana has a closed caucus as well as the primary. Half the delegates are delegated through each.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    Louisiana has a closed caucus as well as the primary. Half the delegates are delegated through each.
    Thanks! I'll correct that when I get the deadline dates!

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic