Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official: Rand Paul in!

Yes, Yes, Fug Yes! *fist pump*

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will say this, so far this campaign there have been several instances where it seemed like an event or something (the Kentucky caucus thing for example) would put Rand out of the campaign, good fortune has kept him going (Bevin's win, getting into the main event at this upcoming debate). Now Rand, what are you going to do with this opportunity? because it will be the last chance before January to make any kind of impression. It's up to you.
    Last edited by Badger Paul; 12-13-2015 at 12:44 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I expected more wailing and gnashing of teeth here after reading the previous thread with the prevailing sentiment that being in the undercard debate would actually be better for Rand
    Last edited by Jonderdonk; 12-13-2015 at 12:48 PM.

A good debate Tuesday plus a big haul from a moneybomb the next day and maybe they can start running ads again in Iowa and New Hampshire.

so good to see this!!! His voice is needed and he really filled his Dad's shoes on foreign policy in the last debate... hoping this one is just as good! The American people need to hear his voice...

The worry over Rand not making the debate was overinflated, given that here as in the previous debates the networks rounded up the numbers of the candidates to the nearest one. Rand's average was always close enough in at least one of the states to be rounded up, in order to be included.

The next debates should be no different. We should stop obsessing over it. What needs to happen now is for Rand's IA ground game, early vote strategy to get out the young and independent vote, or other tactics need to come to fruition, so as to make his surge there the focus of the news coverage.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The worry over Rand not making the debate was overinflated, given that here as in the previous debates the networks rounded up the numbers of the candidates to the nearest one. Rand's average was always close enough in at least one of the states to be rounded up, in order to be included.

The next debates should be no different. We should stop obsessing over it. What needs to happen now is for Rand's IA ground game, early vote strategy to get out the young and independent vote, or other tactics need to come to fruition, so as to make his surge there the focus of the news coverage.
    The rules explicitly said there would be no rounding.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    As in the earlier case with Carly, what matters is what the networks do, not what the guidelines are. They had consistently rounded up before, and they did it again here.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    As in the earlier case with Carly, what matters is what the networks do, not what the guidelines are. They had consistently rounded up before, and they did it again here.
    They probably didn't have the hard data from all the polls used to tabulate an "average" - they most certainly were already using rounded data from THOSE polls.

We need to have rules about the "averaging method"

Rand should put a jelly doughnut on his podium just to get Christie to look shifty, distracted and sweaty.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    Give me a break. His last one was an A+.

You people are ridiculous. If polls were around we would still all be British subjects.
    I would've said an A but that always means there's room for improvement and Rand can still polish himself to be our choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Rand should put a jelly doughnut on his podium just to get Christie to look shifty, distracted and sweaty.
    And get Rubio a bottle of mineral water so he gets thirsty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    I expected more wailing and gnashing of teeth here after reading the previous thread with the prevailing sentiment that being in the undercard debate would actually be better for Rand
    There are pros and cons about being in the main debate and pros and cons about being in the under card debate. Being in the main debate will make him seem more relevant to voters, but he would've had more time to speak in the under card debate and would've received headlines from debating Graham on foreign policy.

Rand Paul In!

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Very possible that Trump will repeat his previous dismissive remarks, saying that Rand "doesn't belong on the stage". Rand needs to fire back with both barrels if this happens, and ask Trump why he is specifically so skeered of Rand
    Rand: "Because I'm a conservative, Donald. You're not. You supported socialized medicine, the bank bailouts, the Obama stimulus: everything I was elected to fight."
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 12-13-2015 at 01:51 PM.

This is a massive plus, primarily from an optics viewpoint. I wasn't keen on the idea of being in the undercard debate because of how it would have looked to the voters. Even though Christie bounced back from being sent to the lower debate, it's only because of living in New Hampshire for the past several weeks and spending all that money there, same with Kasich. They have all their eggs in one basket and they won't go very far without a national campaign, which neither of them have. Rand has a national game plan, so him falling to the lower tier would have damaged his chances in several other areas.

While I understand why there was some pessimism earlier before this announcement, it got completely ridiculous, and there are a number of long-standing members of this forum who should be ashamed of themselves for some of the rubbish that they posted.

Chester Copperpot

if trump calls rand a lightweight or some other derogatory word rand should just speak in the microphone and say "go $#@! yourself" talk about alot of free press

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Last March of Rand Paul!

We will defeat Trump, Hillary, Sander, Cruz and Rubio!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    if trump calls rand a lightweight or some other derogatory word rand should just speak in the microphone and say "go $#@! yourself" talk about alot of free press
    And a mic drop from Rand... that would be paramount! Like a boss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    There are pros and cons about being in the main debate and pros and cons about being in the under card debate. Being in the main debate will make him seem more relevant to voters, but he would've had more time to speak in the under card debate and would've received headlines from debating Graham on foreign policy.
    He'll get to debate Rubio on foreign policy. I hope he points out that the 1 trillion Rubio wants in additional military spending could be found in cutting the worthless F-35.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robrank View Post
    CNN's Tapper said he'd be on the far right side of the stage.
    Better than being on the far left!

Might be the last time or chance for Rand to be in the Main event. I would assume he won't make the cut off next time around unless he says something to get republicans wet...
    Are you depressed? If so, you need to get back on your meds.

Why is CPUd always right? Do you have a crystal ball? Seems like you were always positive about Rand making the debate...I appreciate that since there are so many debbie downers here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewYorker View Post
    He really needs to change his strategy for this debate. He needs an A+ performance n
    I thought he had a great performance in the last one, where he went after Rubio. If that couldn't give him a bump I don't know what will. Still hoping for the best though.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

This is from an article at yahoo.com:

Paul kept his spot thanks to a Fox News Iowa poll released Sunday that showed him strong enough in that state, according to CNN.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cnn-adds-c...184356849.html

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just hope he uses this "chance" to make some noise and say some inspiring truthful things....

He is the ONLY pro-peace candidate on that stage....
    He is the ONLY one (I think cruz does too) that has a thumbs up tax plan....
    He is the ONLY candidate (I think cruz also jumped on this bandwagon) that has been trumpeting auditing the fed.....

I just hope he seperates himself from all of these corporatist, mostly neo-con, clowns....

"You notice how EVERYONE on this stage, and all those pushed by the RNC are all pro-war, pro-big government, pro-banker-bailout .... except me? And who gets trashed by the RNC/MEDIA? Me... this is all controlled and staged to push forward the ordained candidate who will change NOTHING, who will do NOTHING and who will watch your liberties be swept away under the thumb of big government..... except me...." etc..

Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There are 2 more debates after this one. He'll make those, too.
    Of course he'll be in. I've been saying this way for quite a while now. They don't want to risk pissing off Rand or Ron Paul's base and giving themselves even more headaches. They're already talking about how Trump will cause a brokered convention. If Ron had that same opportunity with the vocal support he had things would have got a lot more interesting. They don't want Rand having that kind of support.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    This is from an article at yahoo.com:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cnn-adds-c...184356849.html
    Hmm, so it turns out that Iowa and not New Hampshire, was Paul's path into this debate. I think provided that Paul continues to hammer on his current message and replicates his performance from the last debate, he should be able to increase his numbers both nationally and in Iowa to the point that next time the debate cut won't be such a nail biter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast