Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rand to possibly make some kind of announcement Tuesday

He had a chance to take trumps position and be the anti-establishment candidate but made the wrong decision. Should have attacked rubio 24/7 instead of Trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand should drop out, be the best Senator he can be. & see if there is any independent/ third party candidate he can join up with down the road.

CNN will announce the debate lineup in 15 minutes.

If he's in the under card debate, he needs to work on some powerful one liners against Lindsey Graham's hawk position, tie it in to George Bush and how they destabilized the mid east. He has a chance of getting some great news coverage with some strong sound bites. It may not be such a bad thing, but he needs to be prepared for war.

He polled 5 in the Iowa Fox poll, tied with Bush for 5th, but he needed a 7.

Last edited by CPUd; 12-13-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Based on polling, he is out. Still makes no sense to put him in the little debate, but it's up to them to follow the rules or not.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn, check out Cruz without Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He polled 5 in the Iowa Fox poll, tied with Bush for 5th, but he needed a 7.

If CNN ignores their old poll and doesn't include yougov he's in with 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    If CNN ignores their old poll and doesn't include yougov he's in with 4.0.
    New Iowa and NH polls released ten mins ago have him at 3% and 2% respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBull View Post
    CNN will announce the debate lineup in 15 minutes.
    Well?

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    New Iowa and NH polls released ten mins ago have him at 3% and 2% respectively.
    Which polls? If it's WBUR and DMR/Bloomberg, we know about those.
    Last edited by CPUd; 12-13-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Well?
    Nothing yet. Interviewing Trump now.

Which polls? If it's WBUR and DMR/Bloomberg, we know about those.
    You got me!

too much time, money and effort to quit before Iowa/NH.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Damn, check out Cruz without Trump:

Now they need to start asking -" Who is your first choice without Cruz ? "(only eligible to run but ineligible to hold office above Senator)

Okay so now that he has made it into the main debate, what is he going to say on Tuesday...?
    The media is out of control on this, everyone is talking about how he is about to drop out. Rand is at rock bottom. Still, anything can happen but it looks really bad right now.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Okay so now that he has made it into the main debate, what is he going to say on Tuesday...?
    The media is out of control on this, everyone is talking about how he is about to drop out. Rand is at rock bottom. Still, anything can happen but it looks really bad right now.
    He could recite from memory the redacted 28 pages from the 911 commission report. Rand has plenty of rocks to throw.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Since Rand is in the main debate, I assume he won't be making any announcement regarding his exclusion. He is having a rally before the debate, so maybe the media will still cover it, hoping he'll announce something.
    RVO˩UTION

Rand might just use his anouncement to promote the money bomb and should also say: "Guys, this is how you make a deal!"

Jan2017

Announcement can be opening of a Nevada/ Las Vegas office in the state that has Hillary painting it blue against everyone else but Rand - his Dad can cut the ribbon.

SEE SIG ON HOW TO :

PHONE BANK & CHILL
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I think I heard three different pundits say this morning that Chris Christie is ready to break out and make a big move up.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    He had a chance to take trumps position and be the anti-establishment candidate but made the wrong decision. Should have attacked rubio 24/7 instead of Trump.
    Agreed. But we're in a different dimension now. I'm sure he's learned from this and needs to just focus on continuing to be outspoken on his issues and go after the beltway candidates (Rubio, Jeb, Kasich, Christie). I think the campaign got a relief from that meeting from the other day with all the insiders saying there will be a contested convention and will continue to push Rand harder. We can do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I think I heard three different pundits say this morning that Chris Christie is ready to break out and make a big move up.
    Of course. Another "Santorum Surge."
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Announcement can be opening of a Nevada/ Las Vegas office in the state that has Hillary painting it blue against everyone else but Rand - his Dad can cut the ribbon.
    Who knows! You could be right, I might be right or he might use the announcement to just talk about the issues he's interested. Or could it be a VP pick?

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    Agreed. But we're in a different dimension now. I'm sure he's learned from this and needs to just focus on continuing to be outspoken on his issues and go after the beltway candidates (Rubio, Jeb, Kasich, Christie).I think the campaign got a relief from that meeting from the other day with all the insiders saying there will be a contested convention and will continue to push Rand harder. We can do it!!
    I'm probably alone in this, but I would tread somewhat lightly with Christie. He's too volatile. Rubio, Jeb, and Kasich are all manageable attack targets, but Christie is just too likely to come back with some hard-hitting zinger that will catch everyone's attention and boobus will just eat up. My advice would be to point out differences when appropriate, of course, but avoid a full-on frontal attack on him.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    I'm probably alone in this, but I would tread somewhat lightly with Christie. He's too volatile. Rubio, Jeb, and Kasich are all manageable attack targets, but Christie is just too likely to come back with some hard-hitting zinger that will catch everyone's attention and boobus will just eat up. My advice would be to point out differences when appropriate, of course, but avoid a full-on frontal attack on him.
    Go after them because of Rand's policy differences only obviously. And the success rate goes over the top if you're going after Hillary, which I remember Rand doing strongly during the beginning of the campaign (it might be a good idea to do so, I don't honestly know Rand's thoughts on this approach, so I won't assume)

I agree with those who say Rubio is the best one to attack. At this point, given Trump's type of support, we should just have faith that he will eventually fade. The others he should not try to attack but he will have to respond if they attack him. He should go ahead and assume Trump will and have some good one liner for him.

I don't know about attacking Rubio. He's at best 3rd in the polls and seems to have found his ceiling.
    I would like to see Rand do something to make the race about Rand...instead of about who it is NOT.

I mean honestly...tax reform? Yawn. Criminal Justice reform? Why do we care about criminals? I really think Rand has a unique opening to tie together a few of his pet issues and form something that will really pop in boobus' mind. Something about 9/11, ISIS, and immigration. Like, what if he knows from the 28 pages that Israel had foreknowledge (or participated in ) 9/11? Could he drop that bomb?

Something like...

"Our supposed allies had inside knowledge about the 9/11 attacks. The attacks were funded by the Saudis and Israel had foreknowledge. Our leaders continued their open immigration policies that enabled our enemies. Now the same leaders expect you to cower in fear of ISIS, who drives around in US Humvees. They think you're stupid! As president, I will root out the scum that hides in the shadows and sends your children to die for the bankers bottom line."

I dunno, something explosive.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    I don't know about attacking Rubio. He's at best 3rd in the polls and seems to have found his ceiling.
    I would like to see Rand do something to make the race about Rand...instead of about who it is NOT.

I mean honestly...tax reform? Yawn. Criminal Justice reform? Why do we care about criminals? I really think Rand has a unique opening to tie together a few of his pet issues and form something that will really pop in boobus' mind. Something about 9/11, ISIS, and immigration. Like, what if he knows from the 28 pages that Israel had foreknowledge (or participated in ) 9/11? Could he drop that bomb?

Something like...

"Our supposed allies had inside knowledge about the 9/11 attacks. The attacks were funded by the Saudis and Israel had foreknowledge. Our leaders continued their open immigration policies that enabled our enemies. Now the same leaders expect you to cower in fear of ISIS, who drives around in US Humvees. They think you're stupid! As president, I will root out the scum that hides in the shadows and sends your children to die for the bankers bottom line."

I dunno, something explosive.
    Ding, ding, ding! You nailed it! We have a different race and it's very important to follow what the voters want to hear on the most important issues concerning them. These 2 issues are immigration and ISIS. Those 2 are knotted together that, if Rand gives the right tone to his answer, could end up not only winning the debate but could swing him into the top tier. Something along the lines like: "You want us to stop ISIS? We must secure our border and go after those that fund them!" The average voter is simple and if we can create a direct link with Rand like: "Rand= strong on ISIS and border security", it could be so important for him, I could see it now: "Rand Paul: bold and sharp on dealing with ISIS". And all this without laying a finger on our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234