Thread: Oklahoma Ex-Cop Guilty of On-Duty Rapes

Default Oklahoma Ex-Cop Guilty of On-Duty Rapes

http://www.newser.com/story/217368/o...uty-rapes.html

NEWSER)*– An Oklahoma City ex-cop who*preyed on women*in the communities he was supposed to be protecting has been found guilty on a slew of sex charges and could be going to prison for life. Prosecutors said Daniel Holtzclaw—whose victims ranged in age from 17 to 57—targeted women he encountered in low-income neighborhoods and raped or sexually assaulted those who had previous convictions or outstanding warrants because he thought they wouldn't be believed if they complained, reports*Reuters. Holtzclaw, who had faced 36 charges involving 13 women, wept in court Thursday as he was found guilty on 18 counts relating to eight women, including four rape charges, the*AP*reports. It was his 29th birthday.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The jurors recommended a total of 263 years of prison time for Holtzclaw's crimes. Formal sentencing is set for next month.

"We're going to ask the judge to make sure that this defendant never sees the light of day," District Attorney David Prater said. "And we're going to ask him to run consecutive, every count."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/us/okl...ict/index.html

Good.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I respectfully disagree with that.
    It's not good.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-cost...incarceration/

The cost of keeping one person incarcerated is between 31 and 60 thousand dollars per year.
    I can think of a couple things more appropriate than charging his victims to keep him in a cage.

Like maybe the fact that the 13th Amendment specifically makes conviction of a crime an exception for which involuntary servitude is acceptable.

Or maybe tatoo a big freakin' R on his forehead and cheeks and let him go.

In this case, and only this case, I'd agree with the death penalty. I'm only saying that because he was a police officer who got away with what he did for so long because he's a police officer. I don't agree with the system having no mercy on everyone else, but I could get behind the system having no mercy on its own. 'Cause nobody made him become a cop. It would be a much healthier system if the specter of capital punishment only loomed over its own people.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber