Thread: Helping Rand beat the issue curve

Helping Rand beat the issue curve

I think that once a voter selects another candidate it's hard to get them to change to support Rand. So, I think that we need to beat the curve on the issues. For instance, no once is currently talking about Common Core, school choice, or school vouchers. This is a perfect time to reach out to the communities that are focused on that. Let's hit Twitter, Facebook and other venues.

For instance, on Twitter I've been posting the following regarding Common Core:

if everyone posts that on Twitter, Facebook, school/education forums, religious forums, etc, we can get the support of those who agree with Rand's position BEFORE they choose another non-liberty candidate. Most of them probably don't know how hard Rand is working on the issues. I only post on Twitter, but maybe other members post other places.

Thoughts? What other issues and communities can we reach out to?
    Last edited by groverblue; 12-10-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2A would be a good start

Issues.

Issues don't matter. The only thing that matters is media attention - good or bad. The more attention you get, the higher your poll numbers.

And social media isn't going to cut it. The mainstream media still drive social media.

Please work as hard as you can on whatever you can, but we need to make a bunch of noise. It's the only thing that draws the flies.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I talked to some common core opponents recently about the election. They were both supporters of Ted Cruz. Why? Well, they like Rand on every issue, except war. War is it. Behind the scenes, people are looking for a strongman. And the desire to have that comforting leader is enough that they will even accept a "less good" on an issue that is vital to them. It is unreal. But thats where we are.

What we need is another Reagan - in the sense that Reagan was the last president not to engage in a major, fruitless war, but somehow the masses still thought he was tough. Rand tried the formula, he signed the Cotton letter, but his name made him an enemy to too many. We need a guy who sounds tough, but is actually a noninterventionist, but who the noninterventionists can trust. And I have no clue how we get that.

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    I talked to some common core opponents recently about the election. They were both supporters of Ted Cruz. Why? Well, they like Rand on every issue, except war. War is it. Behind the scenes, people are looking for a strongman. And the desire to have that comforting leader is enough that they will even accept a "less good" on an issue that is vital to them. It is unreal. But thats where we are.

What we need is another Reagan - in the sense that Reagan was the last president not to engage in a major, fruitless war, but somehow the masses still thought he was tough. Rand tried the formula, he signed the Cotton letter, but his name made him an enemy to too many. We need a guy who sounds tough, but is actually a noninterventionist, but who the noninterventionists can trust. And I have no clue how we get that.
    I wonder what differences these people see in Paul and Cruz on "war" or foreign policy?
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    I wonder what differences these people see in Paul and Cruz on "war" or foreign policy?
    I doubt they could identify any policy differences between Rand and Cruz, or even explain their own position.

It's probably just a difference in tone/rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I doubt they could identify any policy differences between Rand and Cruz, or even explain their own position.

Cruz is a very good orator, he comes across as incredibily smart and articulate.

Not saying Rand isn't, but Cruz has a way with rhetorical flare.

https://soundcloud.com/nyt-politics/...ate-fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

A lot of it is rhetoric, but with Cruz, who here really knows what his positions are? Every time I hear him speak its a gangly combination of views that conflict. He is tremendously confusing on the subject.

As for Rand, his last name is Paul. People treat him as such. He could spend his free time shooting clay targets of the Ayatolla at a gun range with Tom Cotton, and people would still think he is soft on foreign policy. Not that people think...in most narrow sense, when it comes to foreign policy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The people you want to be reaching aren't necessarily those super online activists with pet issues, its just the everyday average SUPERvoter in Iowa and New Hampshire. The only way to do that??? read my sig...

We have to laser focus our efforts in this last 1.5 months into the targeting and GOTV mechanism. If all of us stopped social media and replaced it with phone banking, it would be more effectives many times over.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The people you want to be reaching aren't necessarily those super online activists with pet issues, its just the everyday average SUPERvoter in Iowa and New Hampshire. The only way to do that??? read my sig...

We have to laser focus our efforts in this last 1.5 months into the targeting and GOTV mechanism. If all of us stopped social media and replaced it with phone banking, it would be more effectives many times over.
    I'll do some tomorrow.
    Sanity Check Radio Show
    http://www.SanityCheckRadioShow.com