Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand might be at the kids table for the next debate

Quote Originally Posted by Arpmoog View Post
    This is already decided imo. Faux news has been showing a Comercial
    for a couple weeks for the kiddie debate where they flash the faces of
    those involved and Rand is one of those faces.
    Fox is advertising CNN's debate?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    its a damn shame what this has come down to. The electorate is hungry for blood right now and it has sunk Rand. Cruz played his cards right and Rand didnt.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was there.

If the "official" campaign had done just a few things different and came out forcefully on few local issues (that Ron had already commented on) he could have won NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Rand has been going full Ron for the last 3 months.

Ron's chances of getting 20%+ now would be zero. If Newt or Romney had wanted to keep him from getting 20% in 2012 they could have. Ron would not be keeping Ron's base. Ron never had a 20% base in 2012. Ron had a 10% base that Trump, Carson, Cruz, and Sanders are eating into.

And to see why your signature is wrong, think about Mike Huckabee and Santorum. If Mike Huckabee kept his evangelical base from 2008, he would be at 35%. He is at 4%. If Rick Santorum kept his base, he would be at 25% not 1%.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    Just caught a bit of the Rachel Maddow show. She mentioned that CNN will be tracking the polls until this Sunday but as of right now, she said that Rand will be at the kids table if his polling numbers don't rise.
    I'm sure that gave her a mini orgasm. Anyway if he is he'll get to beat up on LIndsey Graham and that should be entertaining. "Hey Lindsey. I predicted if we armed the Syrian rebels terrorists would overrun Syria. Ready to admit I was right?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    What are you talking about? Millions of people have watched the debates. Some of them have been the highest rated programs on the networks.
    The voting behavior of the masses is determined by daily repetition of names and narratives on the news.

Rand (or anyone else) could have the greatest performance in American history and, if they don't talk about it through the next week's news cycle, it won't matter.

RED!!!
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey
    grey

...which color do you best remember?

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    are you a cruz supporter?
    No way am I a Cruz supporter. I think he's a weasel just sucking off Rand's ideas and wrapping them up in a new wrapping paper and then calling it his plan. I do think it would be a worst case scenario if he were to win Iowa just in case Rand can't do it (I do think he can still finish in the top tier if he plays his cards right) so Trump can be put away in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was there.

If the "official" campaign had done just a few things different and came out forcefully on few local issues (that Ron had already commented on) he could have won NH.
    Romney got 40% in NH and it hard to imagine Ron catching that. He actually outperformed the polls on election night.

But assuming you are right. if Mitt Romney wanted to napalm Ron Paul into oblivion, there are an endless loop of clips he could run that would melt away any non-base support. Ron didn't get the Newt treatment because Newt had a non-zero chance of winning. Ron had zero chance and was treated as such. In fact, Ron doing well was mutually beneficial to he and Romney.

One point that people haven't mentioned, perhaps because it's obvious: The kiddie table debate is half the time of the grown ups debate, so with four participants, Rand will have roughly the same amount of time to speak (only ~4 minutes more).

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    One point that people haven't mentioned, perhaps because it's obvious: The kiddie table debate is half the time of the grown ups debate, so with four participants, Rand will have roughly the same amount of time to speak (only ~4 minutes more).
    Well.. that assumes equal time talking between candidates which we know isn't realistic. If Rand doesn't pretty much forcefully control the stage, I'll be annoyed because he will need to and there's no doubt he'll outgun every one of them if he so chooses to do so. He's going to need to show some balls and provide his position in contrast to the others like a boss of the stage, while as minimally as possible acknowledging the presence of the other candidates beneath him.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Well.. that assumes equal time talking between candidates which we know isn't realistic. If Rand doesn't pretty much forcefully control the stage, I'll be annoyed because he will need to and there's no doubt he'll outgun every one of them if he so chooses to do so. He's going to need to show some balls and provide his position in contrast to the others like a boss of the stage, while as minimally as possible acknowledging the presence of the other candidates beneath him.
    Agreed! Rand has tried to play Goldilocks here and it's been proving to be a failure... He needs to play aggressive and just throw everything he has to try to turn this ship around, it won't be easy but it can be done! I love Rand but I think he hurt himself at the beginning when he went after Trump (maybe he was expecting the neocons to start coalescing around him, in order to stop Trump, I don't know) and he should've tackled Cruz, Jeb and Rubio. Good thing is that we still have time until Iowa but he needs to just risk it all!!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's at 3.66 in NH, I say he makes it to the big debate. He will get the 6 he needs in NH
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Lots of notorious RPF debbie downers popping up all over poll and debate threads lately.....hmmm.....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

As many have pointed out, CNN has *previously* included duplicate polls from individual pollsters. However, although their stated inclusion rules for this (5th) debate were clearly intended to be quite explicit, this is one point that they failed to include explicitly. They were clear about which polls would be excluded, but they don't actually say in the rules that any specific polls will definitely be included in the average.

If I were with the Paul campaign, I would definitely be arguing this point. Considering that the only thing holding him back in Iowa (as of 12/8) is an old, duplicate poll from CNN, this seems to me a pretty strong argument. I'm' not sure how likely they are to press the issue.
    Of course, if another IA poll comes out showing him at 2, then even this argument won't save him.
    This is a discussion going on on PredictIt.org over Paul's inclusion. I thought this was a pretty good point. Certainly worth the campaign making an effort this direction. Apparently, CNN made an exception in a prior debate for Fiorina as well, which I didn't know.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

I saw this commercial tonight on CNN, but the end was a little different. They had 2 times shown instead of the one. So it implied 2 debates. I assume the candidates they did not show their names in the ad will be in the first debate.

I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I saw this commercial tonight on CNN, but the end was a little different. They had 2 times shown instead of the one. So it implied 2 debates. I assume the candidates they did not show their names in the ad will be in the first debate.

They don't know who will be in the first debate yet. The ones whose names are shown are the top 5 in the RCP average, though the order has changed since they made the commercial, or after applying their own criteria:

Last edited by CPUd; 12-10-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12