Thread: CBS/YouGov Poll Counts

CBS/YouGov Poll Counts

According to joeinmo at Popular Liberty:

In NH, a total of 6 CNN-recognized polls have been released since October 29 : Monmouth(3%), WBUR(3%), WBUR(5%), Fox(3%), CBS(6%) Monmouth 2nd poll (4%) Rand's average = 4

There is some mis-information on the cbs poll that it doesn't qualify because it's an online poll, but that's not true. It's part online and part telephone so it does qualify.

From the polling sample:

"YouGov/CBS also randomly selected persons from voter registration lists who had previously voted in primary elections and contacted them by phone. A total of 20017 registeredvoters were contacted by phone and the YouGov sample includes 1290 phone recruits."
    What this means:

Paul is within striking distance in NH.

Monmouth:3%
    WBUR: 3%
    WBUR: 5%
    FOX: 3%
    CBS/YOUGOV: 6%
    Monmouth 4%
    CNN 2%

Avg: 3.71

Needs another 6% to get in

OR two 5's

OR two 5's one four

OR a 6 and a 4

etc etc etc
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've got a quick question... What happens if a pollster has more than 1 poll? Does CNN use the latest poll? An average of the pollster's polls? Or do all of the pollster's polls count? Sorry for the doubt, but I'm not sure.

I think joe is speculating.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Assuming they will include the YouGov poll...
    I'm not sure if they will include the first WBUR poll. Even without the first WBUR poll though Rand would be at 3.83, in which case he would need one 5 to bring his average to exactly 4. Assuming they are all weighted equally. If they weight according to sample size (unlikely) then the YouGov one could help because that has an unusually high sample for a state poll. Anyone have a link to the poll details and methodology?
    Last edited by Crashland; 12-08-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I'm not speculating, it's from the polling organizations website

I would think Rand has an argument to drop older polls from the same polling company, in that case even with today's new CNN poll Rand is still at 4%
    Last edited by Joeinmo; 12-08-2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Add on

Joe, how did you come to 3.2 nationally???
    I was born in a welfare state/Ruled by bureaucracy/Controlled by civil servants/And people dressed in grey/Got no privacy, got no liberty/Cos the twentieth century people took it all away from me - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Joeinmo View Post

I would think Rand has an argument to drop older polls from the same polling company, in that case even with today's new CNN poll Rand is still at 4%
    Good. I guess we will see what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Assuming they will include the YouGov poll...
    I'm not sure if they will include the first WBUR poll. Even without the first WBUR poll though Rand would be at 3.83, in which case he would need one 5 to bring his average to exactly 4. Assuming they are all weighted equally. If they weight according to sample size (unlikely) then the YouGov one could help because that has an unusually high sample for a state poll. Anyone have a link to the poll details and methodology?
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...s-vegas-216106

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Joe, how did you get 3.2 nationally? Also, RCP only shows one WBUR poll, the WBUR website only shows one poll as well.

Sorry, I meant the polling details and methodology specifically for the CBS/YouGov poll.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Last figures I seen 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Sorry, I meant the polling details and methodology specifically for the CBS/YouGov poll.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-trump-retakes-lead-cruz-surges-in-ia-rubio-second-in-nh/

At the bottom of the page
    Last edited by carlton; 12-08-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Last figures I seen 3 days ago
    I have Rand at 2.8 nationally right now

There are 2 will try and find the link