Thread: Safety Experts Reveals Five Ways For Surviving A Workplace Shooting

Safety Experts Reveals Five Ways For Surviving A Workplace Shooting

Take cover and shoot isn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    don't hire Muslims and don't work for anybody who does

Bush/Obammy economic policies save lives.

A lot less people will be killed by workplace violence when there are a lot less people working.

Win-Win

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post

Or work for the government, they seem to have their fair share of workplace violence. Going postal ring a bell?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Take cover and shoot isn't mentioned.

Note how nobody suggests people be properly armed.

That political football aside, some of the suggestions make sense, some less so. Silencing a phone? Really? "Excuse me Mr. Muslim Terrorist, would you please hold on a moment while I silence my phone so you cannot find and kill me? Thanks."

A pair of scissors may be better than nothing, but operating on the tacit presumption that people come properly to work in a state of unpreparedness to fitly defend themselves is PC stupidity run off the rails, over the cliff, and into the river three thousand feet below. For Pete's sake, keep a combat knife in your desk drawer, locked so nobody snooping will discover it, thereby ending your career. Even so, it's a risk I'd take any day because better my career die a sudden death than myself.

Here is Maslow's hierarchy for surviving such an attack.

1. Escape, if possible.

2. Hide if there is no better option.

3. Fight if you must.

The fat man in the video was mostly correct, but he should have been advocating people learn to defend themselves competently and that they arm themselves properly. Given the reality in which we are now living, I say screw the job. Go to work well armed and if they fire you, so what? Tough as the economy may be, one can always get another job. Another life, that is a far taller order.

I am wondering whether there may be a potentially rising market for military-grade letter openers.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

What about urinating or vomiting on attackers?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think that's in the How to Survive Being Raped video but if you have good aim, I suppose it could be effective in this scenario depending on how squeamish the shooter is.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Or work for the government, they seem to have their fair share of workplace violence. Going postal ring a bell?
    Don't forget the pissed off ex's, they shoot up places too......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1) Don't work for a place that hires Muslims.

2) Don't work for a place that doesn't allow you to bring your guns to work.

3) Don't work for the government or planned parenthood.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't forget the pissed off ex's, they shoot up places too......
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    1) Don't work for a place that hires Muslims.

2) Don't work for a place that doesn't allow you to bring your guns to work.

3) Don't work for the government or planned parenthood.
    And don't piss off your ex.

Da phuq?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Da phuq?
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/justic...on-guidelines/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Da phuq?

College women told to urinate or vomit to deter a rapist

According to Bernie sanders, women fantasize about getting raped.

Urinating and vomiting on someone is assault in most jurisdictions.

Silencing a phone? Really? "Excuse me Mr. Muslim Terrorist, would you please hold on a moment while I silence my phone so you cannot find and kill me? Thanks."
    This would likely be once you are removed from the initial entry point but still hiding until you can get out of the area. Conference rooms and the like are built stupidly and you can get funneled into a maze of hallways and locked doors very quickly. Assuming you don't have a weapon (or, hell, even if you have one but are looking for a clearer shot and better opportunity), you would have time to silence your phone. I think a phone would be better used thrown down a hall or tucked somewhere that if it went off it would provide a false lead, but what the heck do I know?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think that's in the How to Survive Being Raped video but if you have good aim, I suppose it could be effective in this scenario depending on how squeamish the shooter is.
    I don't think the vomit option is viable. These shooters are often suicidal. Vomiting on a man prepared to die is unlikely to succeed at anything other than getting you noticed.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I don't think the vomit option is viable. These shooters are often suicidal. Vomiting on a man prepared to die is unlikely to succeed at anything other than getting you noticed.
    I dunno. Most of them have this beautiful, heroic image of their death. Dying covered in pee or vomit is probably not part of that image and might throw them off a bit. It might give someone else a chance to do something (you, being the vomiter or pisser, will be quite dead).
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Given that rape is more about power and anger than it is about sex, the helpless female will be pretty well asking to get beaten to a pulp prior to being raped... or murdered. The assumption here is that the rapist is not right in the head, which I believe is a fairly safe bet.

This reminds me of an idiot named Bittenbinder whom PBS once hired on for a series on how to defend against violence. The schmuck, hailed as a top security and self-defense expert, when asked about guns, quickly responded that a gun was the worst option imaginable. I damned near shot the friggin' TV on that one. It was clear he would not know proper self defense if it was used on him.

Therefore, the smart woman acquires a firearm, learns which end from which the bullet issues, trains with it, and keeps it close as often as she can, that in the case of the worst event she is able to deal with the superior strength and aggression of a man who is giving all indication he intends to harm her. This is called prudence, preparedness, and basic self-respect. Nothing is more pathetic and, to be blunt, despicable than a woman who is unwilling to take the measures to protect herself that the realities of the world suggest to her in bright and large flashing neon letters, all else equal.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Not to mention the fact that it would be tough to vomit on demand unless you're a seasoned bulimic.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I dunno. Most of them have this beautiful, heroic image of their death. Dying covered in pee or vomit is probably not part of that image and might throw them off a bit. It might give someone else a chance to do something (you, being the vomiter or pisser, will be quite dead).
    Well, one can try whatever they think will float their boat. I prefer the ability to shoot back. 44 years of combat training have driven home the knowledge that a man with so much as two nominally functioning brain cells to rub together wants no part of a fight and works to avoid them at almost any cost. If I can walk away, I walk. If I have to run, then that is what I do. It is only when those two options are closed to me that I choose to fight and when that choice is made, it is done so with the intention of the annihilation of the threat, no quarter given. Anything less than this is Hollywood foolery. War is hell, whether conducted by nations or by two men in a street brawl. I don't give the least damn whether people think I am a candy-ass for refusing to do battle. I will preferably live with that than to lay in a box, the brave corpse.

I regard MMA fighters some of the biggest fools on the planet precisely because they seek to get into it, whether for money or to show the world who's got the bigger schwanz. Someone recently asked me if I thought I could whip Ronda Rousey. Are you $#@!ing kidding? I'm almost 60, and while in pretty damned good shape I would never get into it with a trained fighter precisely because I know all too well what they can do. If I had to face her, she's getting shot, no questions asked. Anyone thinking I'd willingly let someone like that close the mai-ai enough to execute a strike and a joint lock on them is stupid at a freakish level. Young, fast, and well-trained has at least even odds of besting old, slow, experienced, and treacherously devious.

Woman Nearly Beheaded By ISIS Sympathizer: 'He Ran at Me and Started Slicing My Neck.

She was saved by another worker who had a gun,

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...licing-my-neck
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Always have a pig costume handy.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Always have a pig costume handy.
    They hate pigs, maybe try a goat costume. The soreness may be preferable to death for some.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! this, I've seen Die Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    $#@! this, I've seen Die Hard.
    Best Christmas movie ever.

Walk softly and carry a pump 12 guage.

If the place is drywall just go through the walls until safe

THank the good lords I can carry firearms at work...

I love being armed to the teeth... such beautiful hardware shouldn't be locked up or collecting dust...

A well-trained judicious marksman that is packing to protect his family, life, and community is the proper response to such events.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Suckers!

I work from home.

I sleep with an AR-15 next to my bed loaded with 30 rounds Federal Fusion. It has a 600 lumen flashlight attached to it.

I keep a handgun within reach at all times.

So I'm good.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995