Thread: Paul offers ideas to address poverty, violence

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have been skeptical of Rand Paul's plan for economic freedom zones, but that idea along with his opposition to the NSA and domestic drone strikes were the things that made him famous and got people excited. He needs to get back to the economic issue that lit the spark and stand or fall on that issue.
    Last edited by givemeliberty2010; 12-06-2015 at 10:33 AM.

The best way to fight poverty is to stop importing poor people. And I hardly think "economic freedom zones" is an issue that got people excited. Enterprise Zones have been around since the 1980's and have proven to be a colossal failure wherever they've been tried.

Stop importing poor people. Replace them by importing successful and wealthy people. End all the dysgenic social welfare programs that encourage the worst of society to breed. That is how you fight poverty. Trump's ideas on this front are far better than anything Rand has articulated to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    The best way to fight poverty is to stop importing poor people. And I hardly think "economic freedom zones" is an issue that got people excited. Enterprise Zones have been around since the 1980's and have proven to be a colossal failure wherever they've been tried.

Stop importing poor people. Replace them by importing successful and wealthy people. End all the dysgenic social welfare programs that encourage the worst of society to breed. That is how you fight poverty. Trump's ideas on this front are far better than anything Rand has articulated to this point.
    Where is your empathy?

I've never been a fan of the freedom zones either, even though doing it by tax cuts is better than doing it by handouts, it is still a subsidy for impoverished areas and it does not address the underlying causes (whatever they are) of why those areas have underperformed compared to other areas.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic