Thread: Trump: Restore the Patriot Act

Trump: Restore the Patriot Act

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would be in favor of restoring the PATRIOT Act.

Appearing on the Hugh Hewitt Show on Tuesday, Trump said, "When you have the world looking at us and would like to destroy us as quickly as possible, I err on the side of security."

Hewitt asked Trump to comment on the }big debate between Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. On meta-data collection, Ted Cruz is glad that the NSA got out of it, Marco Rubio wants it back. What's Donald Trump think?"

"Well, I tend to err on the side of security, I must tell you," explained Trump. "I've been there for longer than you would think. But you know when you have people that are beheading our .. if you're a Christian, and frankly for lots of other reasons ..when you have the world looking at us and would like to destroy us as quickly as possible, I err on the side of security. And so that's the way it is. That's the way I've been, and some people like that frankly, and some people don't like that."

"I'm not just saying that you know since Paris, I’m saying for quite some time. I assume when I pick up my telephone, people are listening to my conversations anyway, if you what to know the truth," said Trump. “It's pretty sad commentary, but I err on the side of security."
    Hewitt followed up, "So you would be in favor of restoring the Patriot Act?"

"I think that would be fine, as far as I'm concerned. That would be fine," explained Trump.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/01/tr...iot-act-video/

Any more Trump pimping here?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Patriot Act was repealed??
    Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.
    -Ron Paul

Hewitt looks like a creature from an outer space.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    He's right you know.
    LOL, when posters on Free Republic are chastising Trump for this while RPF members are saying he's right...well you know hell has frozen over

Well, as long as this makes America great again this is a good thing, right?

(sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Well, as long as this makes America great again this is a good thing, right?
    It'll at the very least make our government great. A strong government, for a strong America
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump: Pro America

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what the Alex Jones watchers that support him will think about this!
    Stop believing stupid things

...when you have people that are beheading our ..
    Trump: We can make America AFRAID again!
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Doubtful Alex Jones is an NeoCon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaninPA View Post
    The Patriot Act was repealed??
    No. But it was weakened a little bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act
    Following a lack of Congressional approval, parts of the Patriot Act expired on June 1, 2015.[4] With the passage of the USA Freedom Act on June 2, 2015 the expired parts were restored and renewed through 2019.[5] However, Section 215 of the law was amended to stop the NSA from continuing its mass phone data collection program.[5] Instead, phone companies will retain the data and the NSA can obtain information about targeted individuals with permission from a federal court.[5]
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I don't know. But I intend to call his show next week and ask him about this.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Doubtful Alex Jones is an NeoCon.

Yep, I'm looking forward to hearing all the idiotic rationalizations for this one.

"I'm fine wid da Patriot Act and da distrucktion of da 4th Amendment if we git rid of dem Mexicans!"

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yep, I'm looking forward to hearing all the idiotic rationalizations for this one.

"I'm fine wid da Patriot Act and da distrucktion of da 4th Amendment if we git rid of dem Mexicans!"
    Perfect, and you know you're going to hear (read) exactly that.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The more I hear about Trump the more he parallels Ron and Rand. Their ideas are catching on I tell you!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    The more I hear about Trump the more he parallels Ron and Rand. Their ideas are catching on I tell you!
    Perhaps, but I'd count the chances of their ideas being implemented by either Trump or Cruz as roughly that of a snowball in hell.

Tronald Dump has some very special things planned for the 4th Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Perhaps, but I'd count the chances of their ideas being implemented by either Trump or Cruz as roughly that of a snowball in hell.
    Wow, you're so great at detecting sarcasm....

Why doesn't Rand attack him on this?

Political gold

$#@! Trump and everyone who looks like Trump.

..I'd sooner drink molten lead than say anything other than $#@! yourself to that retard.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Tronald Dump has some very special things planned for the 4th Amendment.
    They'll be huuge, but not terrific
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

The problem with the Patriot Act is not the collection of data, but the use of the data. So much trust has been lost in govts. around the world that no one really believes that the NSA are not making use of data that they have no business analysing. However, if their WAS trust, I think the idea that only data mined according to specific rules would be used would be ok. After all, the phone companies has this data anyway and they sure as hell don't destroy it - they use it for customer analysis and marketing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Trump sounds like whatever he needs to sound like at the moment. But the fact is that he has stolen some of their ideas. Rand had to chastise Trump in one debate for falsely claiming that he was the only one on the stage that had opposed the Iraq war from the beginning. And Carson had also opposed the Iraq war. So in 2015 opposing the Iraq war does not itself kill you in a republican primary. That's a good thing even if the person who is winning on that position is on some many other levels a total fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by uktruth View Post
    The problem with the Patriot Act is not the collection of data, but the use of the data. So much trust has been lost in govts. around the world that no one really believes that the NSA are not making use of data that they have no business analysing. However, if their WAS trust, I think the idea that only data mined according to specific rules would be used would be ok. After all, the phone companies has this data anyway and they sure as hell don't destroy it - they use it for customer analysis and marketing.
    You know that the phone company has the data. You expect that. When you sign up for phone service or a website or whatever they give you a privacy policy stating that they are collecting the data and how they intend to use it. You don't have to use that phone company or any phone company for that matter. In contrast you did not sign a contract with the government saying that they could have access to your data. So they shouldn't unless they get a warrant. It's that simple. Your argument is like saying it's okay for the phone company to give your records to your ex-wife without a subpoena as long as she doesn't "misuse" it.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    He's right you know.
    The masses have been brainwashed enough about this give up your liberty - that is the patriotic thing.

Madison and Hamilton in Federalist papers 10 and 9 are among many of the founders' lessons that you do not destroy liberty - too brainlessly easy.
    They argued that a Federal government could stop domestic faction - but needed it done without destroying liberty i.e. without destroying the very principle of having the new nation.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic