Thread: Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham Has “Endangered The Country” As Much Or More Than Anyone Else

Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham Has “Endangered The Country” As Much Or More Than Anyone Else

Republican presidential candidate and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul hit back at South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham's criticism of his foreign policy on Thursday, telling Fox News's Brian Kilmeade that "it's Lindsey Graham that has endangered the country just about as much – or more – than anybody else."

Paul made the remark after Kilmeade asked Paul about Graham's recent claim that Texas Sen. Ted Cruz "has done more to allow ISIL to gain a foothold in Syria than any senator other than Rand Paul."

Graham, also a Republican presidential candidate, is running on a hawkish foreign policy platform that is at odds with Paul's more non-interventionist stance.

"Well, you know, Lindsey Graham has always been someone who doesn't have a lot of concern for liberty or the Bill of Rights," Paul responded. "But he's also been part of the contingent who's been arming ISIS and the allies of ISIS in the Syrian civil war."

"So, I would argue that Lindsey Graham's foreign policy is very similar to Hillary Clinton's," Paul continued. "It's in favor of regime change in Libya, regime change in Syria and Iraq – but really, that's made us less safe," Paul continued.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/...abo#.anpqAlRAY

-virgil

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Punching down, but it needs to be done.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Punching down on Graham can never be a bad thing. I'd love to punch him in his face while he's already down on the ground.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    Punching down on Graham can never be a bad thing. I'd love to punch him in his face while he's already down on the ground.
    ^That

Lindsey Graham is only in the race to attack Rand Paul. Rand Paul needs to use that punk as a punching bag. But for the discredited foreign policy of Bush, Graham, Obama, Clinton, McCain and other neocons / neolibs ISIS would not exist.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ^This

^That

Lindsey Graham is only in the race to attack Rand Paul. Rand Paul needs to use that punk as a punching bag. But for the discredited foreign policy of Bush, Graham, Obama, Clinton, McCain and other neocons / neolibs ISIS would not exist.
    In which he ties into Hillary for having the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post

Graham, also a Republican presidential candidate, is running on a hawkish foreign policy platform that is at odds with Paul's more non-interventionist stance.
    Wow, they used the correct term instead of "isolationist". That's got to count for something!

It wasn't until the 3rd time I read the thread title that I realized the names were not reversed :-P
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

What does mass-surveillance and due process violations of Americans have anything to do with infidels on the other side of the world? And not to mention that the Obama administration is back-channeling funds, supplies, and training to the boogie men of IS-Whatchamacallit. (Side note: those were some good candy bars!)
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand needs to keep pounding this, even if it doesn't help him it might move guys like Trump/Cruz/Carson closer to his position. Them using our rhetoric and copying our positions isn't a bad thing, it's annoying since we should get credit but we at least can change the debate. Go down with the ship, no more pandering.

Graham’s recent claim that Texas Sen. Ted Cruz “has done more to allow ISIL to gain a foothold in Syria than any senator other than Rand Paul.”
    I think Graham's intention with this comment was to help Cruz better fake his position as being "somewhere in between" a hawk and and an "isolationist".

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic