Thread: David Simpson Calls on Bryan Hughes to Retract False Claim

David Simpson Calls on Bryan Hughes to Retract False Claim

Simpson has always opposed driver’s licenses for illegal aliens

Longview - During the recent candidate forum hosted by the Gregg County Republican Party in Kilgore, Bryan Hughes accused David Simpson of voting for and supporting driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants. The same baseless attack has been publically levied by Hughes’ political consultant.

Senate Bill 1729, which Hughes cited as his source, in no way allowed illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses. There was an amendment brought up the day before which would have allowed them. However, that amendment was killed on a point of order, a move that Simpson supported.

Said Simpson, “I have always opposed driver’s licenses for illegal aliens, and I am asking Bryan Hughes to read the bill and the amendment and acknowledge his mistake. Bryan’s false claim is not only slanderous; it is misleading to the voters tasked with choosing the next state senator in the first district. Integrity is essential for elected officials. In this case, Bryan Hughes and his campaign are falling far short of that standard.”

Simpson continued, “Bryan has attempted to paint my record as less conservative than his, but several independent ratings show this is not true (Rice University, Empower Texans, Young Conservatives of Texas, and Eagle Forum). While I am sure these attacks are politically calculated and carefully poll-tested, I encourage his campaign to rethink this approach. I have kept my campaign positive and focused on the issues that matter to voters. I ask Bryan Hughes to do the same.”

A full version of the letter is attached.

Representative Simpson just completed his third regular legislative session in the Texas House. He has been ranked as one of the ten most conservative legislators during his tenure in the Texas House of Representatives. More information regarding Simpson’s record can be found at http://davidsimpson.com/.

Read more: The Gilmer Mirror - David Simpson Calls on Bryan Hughes to Retract False Claims
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    David Simpson Calls on Bryan Hughes to Retract False Claims

Simpson has always opposed driver’s licenses for illegal aliens

(Longview, TX) During the recent candidate forum hosted by the Gregg County Republican Party in Kilgore, Bryan Hughes accused David Simpson of voting for and supporting driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants. The same baseless attack has been publically levied by Hughes’ political consultant.

Senate Bill 1729, which Hughes cited as his source, in no way allowed illegal immigrants to obtain driver’s licenses. There was an amendment brought up the day before which would have allowed them. However, that amendment was killed on a point of order, a move that Simpson supported.

Said Simpson, “I have always opposed driver’s licenses for illegal aliens, and I am asking Bryan Hughes to read the bill and the amendment and acknowledge his mistake. Bryan’s false claim is not only slanderous; it is misleading to the voters tasked with choosing the next state senator in the first district. Integrity is essential for elected officials. In this case, Bryan Hughes and his campaign are falling far short of that standard.”

Simpson continued, “Bryan has attempted to paint my record as less conservative than his, but several independent ratings show this is not true (Rice University, Empower Texans, Young Conservatives of Texas, and Eagle Forum). While I am sure these attacks are politically calculated and carefully poll-tested, I encourage his campaign to rethink this approach. I have kept my campaign positive and focused on the issues that matter to voters. I ask Bryan Hughes to do the same.”
    http://davidsimpson.com/news/david-s...-false-claims/
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

SIMPSON CORRECTS HUGHES AGAIN
    December 2, 2015

SIMPSON CORRECTS HUGHES AGAIN

The false accusations continue and with even more incorrect statements.

(Longview, TX) Wednesday, Bryan Hughes attempted to cover up his false statements about Representative Simpson with more false accusations. Repeating the mistake does not make it true.

Fact: Bryan Hughes falsely attacked Simpson for supporting giving illegal aliens driver’s licenses. When he was called out, he took a quote out of context to cover up his false attack.[1]

Fact: In 2014, David Simpson advocated that we stop providing public education for illegal aliens and used the fact that they couldn’t obtain driver’s licenses as an example of legal inconsistencies. This is the quote from the Tyler Morning Telegraph Hughes cited.[2]

Fact: No amendment the Hughes campaign has pointed to in any way gives driver’s licenses to illegals, as both pertained only to licenses already authorized by law.

Fact: David Simpson has always opposed driver’s licenses to illegal aliens and even advocated for taking taxpayer services away for illegal aliens.

Fact: Bryan Hughes has refused to show how the two amendments David Simpson voted for, give illegal immigrants driver’s licenses. He cannot, because they don’t.

“The negative campaigning and political attacks should stop. We have run a positive campaign on the issues and we will continue to do so, regardless of the falsehoods that are lobbed our way. I’m asking Representative Hughes to hold his integrity, read the amendments about which he is falsely accusing me, and note what they would have done. Neither amendment to SB 1705 or 1729, to which he referred, authorized illegals to receive licenses; they pertained only to those already authorized by law. I urge Bryan to read the slideshow and amendments. He cannot defend the blatantly false attack he has levied.”

[1] http://www.bryanhughes.com/news

[2] http://www.slideshare.net/DavidSimps...&from_search=2 (slide 86)
    http://davidsimpson.com/news/simpson...-hughes-again/
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Who's David Simpson? Who's Brian Hughes? I should give a frick, either way, because?

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic