Thread: Wait...Rand stole the "fill out your taxes on a postcard" from Cruz?

Wait...Rand stole the "fill out your taxes on a postcard" from Cruz?

Article dated 2013...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...olish-the-irs/

"I think we ought to abolish the IRS and instead move to a simple flat tax where the average American can fill out taxes on postcard," he explained in a Fox News interview over the weekend. "Put down how much you earn, put down a deduction for charitable contributions, home mortgage and how much you owe. It ought to be a simple one-page postcard, and take the agents, the bureaucracy out of Washington and limit the power of government."
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I believe that is true. Cruz was the first one I heard say that.

Steve Forbes wrote a book in 2005 titled: Flat Tax Revolution: Using a Postcard to Abolish the IRS

I believe it was used before that, though.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

At some point Rand stopped saying it, he left out the postcard bit during the last 2 debates.

People have been saying this years before Cruz or Rand ever took national spotlights. I don't believe either are the originators of this idea.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    People have been saying this years before Cruz or Rand ever took national spotlights. I don't believe either are the originators of this idea.
    Considering Steve Forbes wrote a book with this as the title in 2005, yes, I'd say it's quite probable Ted Cruz or Rand Paul are not the originators of this idea......
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I would prefer to keep the deductions & loopholes cus its fun filling it out.

But if they want to get rid of those too that's fine too. At the end of the day, the important thing is that there are taxes, so we can roads
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Can't other people read a postcard?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forbes used it a decade plus ago, and I'm fairly certain Rick Perry said the same thing in the 2012 primaries. It's a common phrase in Republican primaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

That postcard line had been in use for a long time by flat tax proponents. It's not stealing a line though, because it's literally what the law proposes.