Thread: GA-Family calls 911 for help with adult son having a mental issue. Cops show up and kill him.

Exclamation GA-Family calls 911 for help with adult son having a mental issue. Cops show up and kill him.

Served and protected.

Mom Calls 911 for Mental Help With Her Son, Cops Show Up, Taser Him to Death While He’s Restrained

By Eva Decesare on December 1, 2015   

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/par...ined-confined/

Coweta County, GA — American police have once against demonstrated that their agenda is not to protect and serve, but to dominate and control by any means necessary. On November 20th, sheriff deputies in Coweta County, Georgia were summoned to help subdue a man having a psychotic breakdown and ended up tasing him to death.

Thirty-two-year-old Chase Sherman, together with his fiancée, Patti Galloway and his parents, Kevin and Mary Ann Sherman, were returning from a vacation. During a layover at the Hartsfield-Jackson airport in Atlanta, Chase started having hallucinations and acting agitated. According to his father, he “got nervous … about planes crashing, and he just didn’t feel comfortable on a plane. … He thought nobody recognized him. I said, ‘Chase, we’re fine. We’re going to get a car and drive home.’ He didn’t know where he was at.” So they rented a car to drive the rest of the way to their home in Florida.

Chase’s fiancée told his parents that he may have smoked “Spice”—also known as “synthetic marijuana”—before they had left on the five-day trip, which may have been the cause of the episode.

Chase’s father described what happened next:

“We got him in the car and we took off on I-85. Chase’s fiancée was driving and Chase was lying in the back with me. He had his head on my lap. He acted like he didn’t know where we were going. And then he jumped up and started a disturbance in the car.”

They pulled over, and Chase’s mother dialed 9-1-1, but the father told her to hang up, thinking things were under control. After driving again for a few more minutes, Chase “got more violent,” and they pulled over again and his mother again called 9-1-1.

“We were fighting, screaming, trying to calm him down. It was pretty horrendous in the car,” his father said. “His fiancée jumped back to try to calm him down and she actually got bit. My wife told me just to hit him or something to try to get her arm loose. He let loose of the arm and the officers showed up.”

When the three deputies arrived, “they reached across me trying to get the handcuffs on him. I got out of the car and they told me to go back by the ambulance.” Still in the vehicle, Chase’s mother says she heard one deputy tell Chase, “We’re going to shoot you.” She said, “Don’t shoot him, don’t shoot him,” his father added. The deputy reportedly responded by saying, “I have to protect myself.” Deputies then instructed everyone else to exit the vehicle. During the ensuing struggle, Chase was tased repeatedly. “More officers kept coming and we think they kept tasing him,” Chase’s father said. “They were treating him like a rabid dog.”

During the struggle, the police kept EMTs back, saying the situation was not safe. Chase’s parents maintain that the deputies were never in danger, that their son was not armed, and that if the deputies felt threatened they could have just stepped away and closed the vehicle doors.

Instead, the father says, the officers “just went nuts.” (The correct term is "beserk", Dad. They are "berserkers". - AF)

“He was seat-belted in; he couldn’t get out. And they couldn’t just let him be and let him calm down,” the father said, adding, “They treated my son like a piece of meat.”

Eventually, Chase’s fiancée and parents watched as deputies grabbed Chase’s arms and pulled him from the vehicle.

“They dragged him out of the car like a dead dog. His head hit the ground. He was done. There was no movement, no nothing. We were screaming, ‘They killed him.’”

The deputies wouldn’t let the family go to him; then kept the parents and fiancée in a patrol car, keeping them for a time to be interviewed before allowing them to go to the hospital where Chase was being taken. Finally, at the Piedmont Newnan Hospital, when they said who they were there to see, they were led to a room by a security guard. “He said, ‘I’m sorry for your loss,’” according to Chase’s father. Mary Ann, Chase’s mother, said that when she was talking to a deputy, “I can’t remember what I asked him. All he answered was: ‘We had to protect ourselves.’”

The incident is being investigated, and while we may not know exactly what happened unless the footage from the bodycams worn by the deputies is publicly released, it is hard to imagine why multiple armed police officers could not subdue an unarmed man, who was already handcuffed and trapped in a vehicle without killing him.

According to his father, Chase “was a very strong kid, but laying down in the seat belt … come on. With three guys on you? Come on. And to keep pushing the taser in you? Come on.”

While we may not yet have the footage of this killing, we do know that this is one more case of an unarmed man ending up dead, with cops saying they feared for their safety. If only they showed a similar concern for the safety of those of us who don’t wear badges and uniforms, maybe less innocent citizens would end up dead at the hands of crazed and cowardly killer cops.

This is the second case in just a short time frame of cops killing a man during a mental breakdown with tasers.

Multiple videos were released in November of 46-year-old Linwood “Ray” Lambert, who was killed by tasers. In a just a few minutes, three cops would hit Lambert with their tasers a total 20 times, according to the device reports issued by Taser International.

For a total of 87 seconds, Lambert had 50,000 volts running through his body — a level capable of inflicting serious injury or death, according to federal guidelines.

As was the case with Chase Sherman, one hour after the police showed up, Lambert was pronounced dead.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hostile neutralized........

Not related, but an appropriate title and a good movie.

Guy was white, so nobody cares.
    Guy wasn't actively involved in criminal activity, so nobody cares.
    Guy was probably high on drugs, so nobody cares.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This is what happens when you use state enforcers to handle personal issues. Shame on the mother. $#@! those pigs.

Well, I guess in sort of a strange and twisted way that maybe might be considered help.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Guy was white, so nobody cares.
    Plenty of blacks have had such things happen to them, and nobody cared (I get your point though, at least there's a slight chance when the victim is black).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Well, I guess in sort of a strange and twisted way that maybe might be considered help.
    Yeah, well, he sure doesn't have any mental issues anymore, amirite?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    This is what happens when you use state enforcers to handle personal issues. Shame on the mother. $#@! those pigs.
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    This is what happens when the public is conditioned to call 911 for matters other than fires or medical emergencies (and even then, you're likely to get the police).

The mother has to live with the consequences of her ignorance for the rest of her life.

The officers who murdered her son will likely go home without shame and likely while being treated as heroes.

Lawsuit filed.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fam...igh-five-body/

“His parents did what everybody is supposed to do, you call 911, because 911 brings help. But in the case of Chase, 911 brought death,” said Chris Stewart, the attorney representing the family, at a press conference in Atlanta on Thursday, according to WXIA.

Did the 911 call delay or interrupt a dough-nut run?

Video shows handcuffed man shocked repeatedly by police before his death

Body camera video shows authorities using stun guns multiple times on an unarmed man in the back of a vehicle who died shortly after the struggle.

The video, obtained by Channel 2’s Mark Winne, shows Coweta County sheriff's deputies struggling to subdue 32-year-old Chase Sherman in the back of an SUV last Nov. 20 along Interstate 85.

The video shows deputies struggling with Sherman, of Destin, Florida, until he stops moving and they realize he's not breathing.

Sherman was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Sherman’s mother, father and brother get emotional talking about the incident and their lost loved one, on Channel 2 Action News starting at 6.

The deputies responded after Sherman's mother called 911.

She told the dispatcher that she was in a car with her husband, her son and her son's girlfriend.

She said her son was "freaking out" and had taken a synthetic drug known as Spice.

Coweta County Sheriff's Office records from Sherman's death show that one deputy's stun gun was used nine times in a 2- 1/2-minute span for a total of 47 seconds, including one use that lasted 17 seconds.

The other deputy's stun gun was used six times in just over four minutes for a total of 29 seconds.

Coweta Judicial Circuit District Attorney Peter Skandalakis said in a statement Friday that his office has not finished reviewing the case and the investigation is ongoing.

Col. James Yarbrough said Friday that the two deputies remain on the job.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/body...lice/295927652
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.