Thread: Congressman Thomas Massie files for re-election in 2016

Congressman Thomas Massie files for re-election in 2016

From campaign email:

The biggest fight in KY since Black Friday

Dear Friend,

As one of my most reliable supporters, I wanted you to be the first to hear the news... this morning I filed with the Secretary of State to run for re-election in 2016. It has been my greatest honor to give the freedom loving people of Kentucky's 4th District a voice in Washington.

Will you stand with me by sending a gift of $25, $50, or even $100 TODAY to support my re-election campaign?

When I first ran for Congress, I promised to defend the Constitution, support economic freedom, and protect personal liberty. According to the Freedom Index, a congressional scorecard based on the US Constitution, I have earned the #1 Constitutional voting record in all of the 114th Congress. I was also ranked highest in the Kentucky congressional delegation by Freedomworks, Club for Growth, National Taxpayers Union, and the Heritage Foundation.

I led the battle to change the Speaker of the House, and we won. But Washington is still broken, and now the establishment has placed a target on my back. With your help we will beat the establishment again and I can return to Congress to stay in the fight for liberty.

I hope I can count on your support.

In Liberty,
    Congressman Thomas Massie

P.S. - By donating today, you are getting in on the ground floor of my re-election campaign. Send a gift of $25, $50, or even $100 TODAY to stand with me.
    Campaign info:

http://www.thomasmassie.com/

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/ThomasMassieforCongress

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/thomasmassieky
    Last edited by tsai3904; 11-30-2015 at 03:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BUMP!!!!

he is my favorite congressman by far and is carrying on the same fight Ron Paul was.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Oh those damn career politicians!

Glad to see Massie is still willing to get down in the muck for our Republic.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

I hope I can count on your support.
    Of course.

Donation amount: $20.16 USD
    Total: $20.16 USD
    Purpose: Thomas Massie

loveshiscountry

Donation amount: $100.00
    Transaction date/time: 11/30/2015
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 11-30-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    BUMP!!!!

he is my favorite congressman by far and is carrying on the same fight Ron Paul was.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I led the battle to change the Speaker of the House, and we won.
    Ummm I would love to be able to ask Tom, exactly what did you win? Dont get me wrong, I'm quite happy to see that POS Boehner gone, but how is replacing one POS with another considered a win?

Still plan to donate though.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

He's the best one we have up there.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Ummm I would love to be able to ask Tom, exactly what did you win? Dont get me wrong, I'm quite happy to see that POS Boehner gone, but how is replacing one POS with another considered a win?
    A fear for their job. This has already made Ryan open up the legislative process. The first bill they voted on after Ryan became speaker included roll call votes on 40 amendments. Ryan has said he will push power down to the committees and not wait until just before deadlines to present legislation to the conference. If he doesn't follow through, Massie and others can always push the resolution to vacate the chair. Ryan also took power away from committee chairmen on the Steering Committee, which votes members onto committees.

Thomas is the best we have right now