Thread: Is CNN suppressing November's poll?

Is CNN suppressing November's poll?

I've been patiently waiting for CNN to release their CNN/ORC poll. You know, the one they've done consistently every month for about a year or longer?

I think if they withhold the poll up until the cutoff for the debate, the campaign needs to address it. We have to ask what would stop CNN from withholding a poll that may show improvement for the campaign, as retaliation for bringing attention to their reporter's collusion and smearing campaign with the State Dept?

The past two had Rand at 5% and 4%. I doubt that has changed all that much and it might be likely that it's moved up. That's pretty important for Rand to qualify in the next debate.

What gives?
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Might have just been delayed due to the holiday. No one conducts polls over Thanksgiving week because the results get distorted.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Last year they conducted the November poll before thanksgiving.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

I do find this highly suspicious. We have two weeks left before the cutoff.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Last year they conducted the November poll before thanksgiving.
    In 2012, they did two polls in November before Thanksgiving, as well.

CNN/ORC polls generally come out mid-month.
    Last edited by dusman; 11-30-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

The polling requirements will affect when people poll, they'll want to capture data from right before the debate, so I'd guess they'll do 12/6-12/10.

Everything's gotta be under suspicion. How about you email CNN and ask them?

They are probably just doing it closer to the debate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe they are doing the poll right now...

It's pretty much guaranteed that they will release one between now and the cutoff. There's no way they would not do a poll to help decide the candidates for their own debate.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

if they are, I vote Rand Paul.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Maybe we are the poll.

This thread is growing creepier by the minute with all the evil critters moving in unison.

I'm a little scared

Have any of the candidates who have been in the kiddie debate ever made their way to, or back to, the real debate? Only Fiorina, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Have any of the candidates who have been in the kiddie debate ever made their way to, or back to, the real debate? Only Fiorina, right?
    Yeah, and Christie will now do the same.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.