View Poll Results: Does United States owe an apology to people of Iraq for 2003 invasion?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, apology only

3 9.38%
  • Yes, apology and war crines trials plus reparations

14 43.75%
  • Yes, apology and war crines trials but no reparations

10 31.25%
  • No

6 18.75%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does United States owe an apology to people of Iraq for 2003 invasion?

Yes, apology only (and to be clear, this apology is to come explicitly from the US government, not from Americans in general).

No reparations because the funds could only be obtained by robbing innocent American taxpayers.

No war crimes because $#@! the UN, though I'd be fine with some trials in US courts.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    No war crimes because $#@! the UN, though I'd be fine with some trials in US courts.
    I was thinking trials should be in Iraqi courts.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I was thinking trials should be in Iraqi courts.
    I thought "war crimes" implied UN, but yea, trying them in Iraqi courts is fine by me.

On another note, I had assumed that reparations would be from the US government; but if it's from the guilty individuals themselves, that'll work.

I thought "war crimes" implied UN, but yea, trying them in Iraqi courts is fine by me.

On another note, I had assumed that reparations would be from the US government; but if it's from the guilty individuals themselves, that'll work.
    Didn't they have an umbrella insurance for the invasion? Let the underwriters pay.

A non-interventionist foreign policy toward them and free trade will be better than "reparations" (most of which will never get to the right people) would ever be. In any case, some relevant history:

US and British Support for Hussein Regime:
    US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party seize power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959, when he participated in a failed assassination attempt against Iraqi strongman Abd al-Karim Qassem. In the 1980s, the US and Britain backed Saddam in the war against Iran, giving Iraq arms, money, satellite intelligence, and even chemical & bio-weapon precursors. As many as 90 US military advisors supported Iraqi forces and helped pick targets for Iraqi air and missile attacks.
    Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran.
    The U.S. knew Hussein was launching some of the worst chemical attacks in history -- and still gave him a hand.

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war
    Last edited by robert68; 11-30-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Well, yeah. I wouldn't agree to the government just printing up the money or stealing it from us. I had nothing to do with destroying Iraq. The people responsible should pay out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How about an apology from Iraq for not cleaning up their own psychopathic sociopathic megalomaniac $#@! of a dictator?
    As a people us citizens here in the USA are equally guilty of not cleaning our own house.......

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Whether he had them in the second war is debatable but part of the desert storm ceasefire agreement UN inspectors went into Iraq and dismantled what he said he had.
    He had them. He used them in several small operations, then killed at least 5000 Kurds in 1988. Twice as many were injured in that attack, and there have been lingering effects ever since.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does United States owe an apology to people of Iraq for 2003 invasion that was based on bogus claims and resulted in killing/maimimg/exile of millions of Iraqi muslims and christians of arab race?
    ABSO-$#@!ING-LUTELY.

EVEN BETTER IF THEY COULD INDICT AND EXTRADITE WAR CRIMINAL BUSH II.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    He had them. He used them in several small operations, then killed at least 5000 Kurds in 1988. Twice as many were injured in that attack, and there have been lingering effects ever since.
    Desert Storm was in 1991.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he had them, we have the receipts from his purchase. Where do you think he bought them?

No apologies, they made their own fate by keeping Saddam in power.

Still there was never a reason for the invasion even if Iraq did have WMD.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    As a people us citizens here in the USA are equally guilty of not cleaning our own house.......
    Only those responsible for the "filthy house" are guilty.
    Last edited by robert68; 12-01-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Only those to blame for the "filthy house" are guilty.
    Those who have the ability to "clean house" and don't are to blame aren't they?

Most folks don't even recognize that the house is messy.......

TJ said a revolution is necessary every 20 years just to keep the government "honest"(so-called).

I still figure we're just about 12 revolutions overdue.

Can you tell?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 11-30-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    TJ said a revolution is necessary every 20 years just to keep the government "honest"(so-called).

I still figure we're just about 12 revolutions overdue.

Can you tell?
    Yup.....

Donald Rumsfield secured the contracts. As if the US didn't supply him with biological contaminants they knew he'd weaponize.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No apologies, they made their own fate by keeping Saddam in power.

Still there was never a reason for the invasion even if Iraq did have WMD.
    They made the fate of the US bombing a country because they kept someone in power?

Someone who quite probably was only in power because the US was meddling in Iraq for forty years?

I believe the terrorists say something similar after a suicide bombing.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Well, yeah. I wouldn't agree to the government just printing up the money or stealing it from us. I had nothing to do with destroying Iraq. The people responsible should pay out of pocket.

The people responsible are those who vote for warmongers every 4 years in elections. That would be all those who vote for the D's and R's with the exception of the handful of people on the right and left, as well as independents, who refuse to go along with the indefinite slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent people and the maiming of millions. In other words, that would be most voting Americans since they're the ones who put these people in charge in every single election.

Who is this "us" you speak of? Got a mouse in your pocket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Who is this "us" you speak of? Got a mouse in your pocket?
    You're in this handbasket right along with me Bucko....

You're in this handbasket right along with me Bucko....
    Yup.

I find it interesting that many will blame all of Islam for the actions of a few but take no responsibility for our own country's wars and criminal acts.
    There is no spoon.

voted yes and no rep's because I can't afford it. if you're talking about reparations from warmongers only - I can get behind that.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Romania: police find 91 migrants from Syria, Iraq in truck

Published June 27, 2017 Associated Press

BUCHAREST, Romania – Romanian border police have found 91 migrants from Iraq and Syria hidden in a truck transporting auto parts. They told police they were trying to reach the visa-free Schengen travel zone.
    Police stopped and searched the vehicle with Turkish plates early Tuesday at the crossing point between Nadlac and Csanadpalota in Hungary. According to documents, it was transporting the parts to Norway.

Police found 44 men, 18 women and 29 minors aged 2 to 17. The migrants told police they wanted to reach the Schengen zone. Hungary is a member, but Romania isn't.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...-in-truck.html

Related

Poll: Should US apologize for financing radicalization of Afghan children in 1970s-80s?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!
    The threads never go away, they just get moldy.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    The threads never go away, they just get moldy.
    My opinion remains steadfast.

Yes, apology only (and to be clear, this apology is to come explicitly from the US government, not from Americans in general).

No reparations because the funds could only be obtained by robbing innocent American taxpayers.

So if the state police conducts a drug raid in the wrong house(your house). Burns your house down and all the valuables inside it. Are you telling me that you would refuse monetary compensation from the state because money would have to be stolen to make you even?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast