View Poll Results: Does United States owe an apology to people of Iraq for 2003 invasion?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, apology only

3 9.38%
  • Yes, apology and war crines trials plus reparations

14 43.75%
  • Yes, apology and war crines trials but no reparations

10 31.25%
  • No

6 18.75%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does United States owe an apology to people of Iraq for 2003 invasion?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would it make things better for the Iraqis if they did?

No, Iraq is a better place w/o Saddam. We also made $#@!load of cash.

They should apologize to us, for making us think they might have WMD's
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Hell ya, my Lockheed Martin stock has gone through the roof since 2001
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

There should be trials and reparations should come out of the pocket of the politicians responsible. The people here don't owe them anything.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    They should apologize to us, for making us think they might have WMD's
    No , it was just a drama.. there would have been no invasion if we actually thought that they had WMDs.

North Korea actually has WMDs and US doesn't even think about invading them despite NK's dictator saying worse things about Obama than Saddam said about W's dad.

North Korea Media Calls Obama A 'Wicked Black Monkey'
    The Huffington Post
    May 8, 2014 - North Korea's state news agency KCNA resorted to sickening racist language to lash out at Barack Obama this week, calling the U.S. president "reminiscent of a wicked black monkey." ... According to North Korea blogger Josh Stanton, the second story said Obama "should live as a monkey ...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5288121.html

Bush Sr. Doormat in Baghdad Hotel Dismantled
    www.foxnews.com/.../bush-sr-doormat-in-baghdad-h...Fox News Channel
    Apr 11, 2003 - President Bush the elder — father of the current ... Saddam persoanlly picked ..
    There was a bit of unfinished business left over in Baghdad from the 1991 Gulf War. The U.S. Army has taken care of it.
    ...on Thursday night wielding hammers and chisels, and dug out the intricate tile mosaic of the former president that was used for years as a state-sponsored insult.
    In its place, they laid a portrait of Saddam Hussein.
    "Everybody walked over it and wiped their feet on it," Lt. Col. Rick Schwartz, the battalion commander said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    There should be trials and reparations should come out of the pocket of the politicians responsible. The people here don't owe them anything.
    Good point.

An apology without closing down the army base called the US embassy built there and removing all US troops from their land would be worthless.
    Last edited by robert68; 12-01-2015 at 10:55 PM.

How many millions were maimed, killed, or displaced, exactly? There are almost 10 million more people living in Iraq today than there were in 2003. I'm not saying it was right to go into Iraq in 2003, but I think it is wise to document allegations that millions of people were maimed or killed.

And how would this number compare to the numbers of people who were killed and maimed by Saddam Hussein? He used chemical weapons against the Kurds, most notably in 1988, in Northern Iraq, killing about 5000 and injuring double that. That was only one of the many chemical bombs he used against native born Iraqis.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-29-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    No , it was just a drama.. there would have been no invasion if we actually thought that they had WMDs.

North Korea actually has WMDs and US doesn't even think about invading them despite NK's dictator saying worse things about Obama than Saddam said about W's dad.

North Korea Media Calls Obama A 'Wicked Black Monkey'
    The Huffington Post
    May 8, 2014 - North Korea's state news agency KCNA resorted to sickening racist language to lash out at Barack Obama this week, calling the U.S. president "reminiscent of a wicked black monkey." ... According to North Korea blogger Josh Stanton, the second story said Obama "should live as a monkey ...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5288121.html

Bush Sr. Doormat in Baghdad Hotel Dismantled
    www.foxnews.com/.../bush-sr-doormat-in-baghdad-h...Fox News Channel
    Apr 11, 2003 - President Bush the elder — father of the current ... Saddam persoanlly picked ..
    There was a bit of unfinished business left over in Baghdad from the 1991 Gulf War. The U.S. Army has taken care of it.
    ...on Thursday night wielding hammers and chisels, and dug out the intricate tile mosaic of the former president that was used for years as a state-sponsored insult.
    In its place, they laid a portrait of Saddam Hussein.
    "Everybody walked over it and wiped their feet on it," Lt. Col. Rick Schwartz, the battalion commander said.

Good point.
    False. We did invade Iraq when they had WMD's in '91. The dismantling of his wmds happened after that war. I guess if we are going to get into the reprarations you have to take into account all wars of world history and then do a balance sheet on who ended up on the short end. First off are the Iraqi people going to apologize and pay the Iranians for the Iran/Iraq war they started? Sadamn most certainly used WMDs on cities in Iran and the Kurds.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    False. We did invade Iraq when they had WMD's in '91. The dismantling of his wmds happened after that war. I guess if we are going to get into the reprarations you have to take into account all wars of world history and then do a balance sheet on who ended up on the short end. First off are the Iraqi people going to apologize and pay the Iranians for the Iran/Iraq war they started? Sadamn most certainly used WMDs on cities in Iran and the Kurds.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Indeed. We know he had weapons of mass destruction, because he used them on his own people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I guess if we are going to get into the reprarations you have to take into account all wars of world history and then do a balance sheet on who ended up on the short end.
    This might be a bit much, but hey, I won't object. Our rulers have a lot of money, but even they would have a hard time paying off all of the unwarranted death and destruction they have caused over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Indeed. We know he had weapons of mass destruction, because he used them on his own people.
    Whether he had them in the second war is debatable but part of the desert storm ceasefire agreement UN inspectors went into Iraq and dismantled what he said he had.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This might be a bit much, but hey, I won't object. Our rulers have a lot of money, but even they would have a hard time paying off all of the unwarranted death and destruction they have caused over the millennia.
    FIFY

How many millions were maimed, killed, or displaced, exactly? There are almost 10 million more people living in Iraq today than there were in 2003. I'm not saying it was right to go into Iraq in 2003, but I think it is wise to document allegations that millions of people were maimed or killed.

And how would this number compare to the numbers of people who were killed and maimed by Saddam Hussein? He used chemical weapons against the Kurds, most notably in 1988, in Northern Iraq, killing about 5000 and injuring double that. That was only one of the many chemical bombs he used against native born Iraqis.
    They've poisoned Iraq for billions of years. What do you consider depleted uranium? White phosphorus? Napalm?

As to whether or not millions have died, Madeline Albright accepted the half million figure of children's deaths simply with regards to sanctions and was unapologetic. The United States was the one targeting civilian infrastructure. Not to mention the chemical weapons in Khamisiyah were American and British. Not to mention they denied for the longest time soldiers were having neurological issues and disfigured babies from the exposure to cyclosarin gas and depleted uranium dust. Not to mention the MOPP suits, if ever used when the sirens came on, were defective. But I digress.

Whether it is a million or fifty the United States had no business meddling in Iraq. I feel, and forgive me for being frank, that you are rather uneducated on the matter. The people coming to Iraq were jihadis looking to take part in the US propagated civil war.

Google anencephaly and tell me how many is an acceptable number.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Euphemia, do you know who Ahmed Chalabi was (God bless)?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    They've poisoned Iraq for billions of years. What do you consider depleted uranium? White phosphorus? Napalm?

As to whether or not millions have died, Madeline Albright accepted the half million figure of children's deaths simply with regards to sanctions and was unapologetic. The United States was the one targeting civilian infrastructure. Not to mention the chemical weapons in Khamisiyah were American and British. Not to mention they denied for the longest time soldiers were having neurological issues and disfigured babies from the exposure to cyclosarin gas and depleted uranium dust. Not to mention the MOPP suits, if ever used when the sirens came on, were defective. But I digress.

Whether it is a million or fifty the United States had no business meddling in Iraq. I feel, and forgive me for being frank, that you are rather uneducated on the matter. The people coming to Iraq were jihadis looking to take part in the US propagated civil war.

Google anencephaly and tell me how many is an acceptable number.
    THIS.

Thanks for speaking Truth.
    There is no spoon.

Yup
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

We're sorry.

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

How many millions were maimed, killed, or displaced, exactly? There are almost 10 million more people living in Iraq today than there were in 2003. I'm not saying it was right to go into Iraq in 2003, but I think it is wise to document allegations that millions of people were maimed or killed...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Iraq
    ... recent reporting indicates that the overall Christian population may have dropped by as much as 50 percent since the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime in 2003, with many fleeing to Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon (2010 estimate).[1] The percentage of Christians has fallen from 6% in 1991 or 1.5 million to about one third of this, due to massive exodus - two-thirds of Assyrian Christians have fled to other countries in the Middle East, Europe, United States and Canada.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well the US Federal government certainly might, since they're the ones who actually did it. Did I just miss the plebiscite on that issue?

How about an apology from Iraq for not cleaning up their own psychopathic sociopathic megalomaniac $#@! of a dictator?

I know I voted for contradictory options on the reparations thing. I thik reparations would be warranted but I don't think the politicians have a right to tax us to pay for it. So maybe they should pay reparations from their own incomes. That wouldn't be substantial but it would be a symbolic gesture I guess.

And definitely war crimes styles.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

In international law, odious debt, also known as illegitimate debt, is a legal theory that holds that the national debt incurred by a regime for purposes that do not serve the best interests of the nation, should not be enforceable.
    Odious debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yes, apology and war crines trials but no reparations

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    One of the most dangerous places in the world.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I know I voted for contradictory options on the reparations thing. I thik reparations would be warranted but I don't think the politicians have a right to tax us to pay for it. So maybe they should pay reparations from their own incomes. That wouldn't be substantial but it would be a symbolic gesture I guess.
    If you send them the Bush and Clinton fortunes alone that would go a long way. Get the rest of Congress that authorized it and Bush's cabinet and your looking at a pretty penny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast