Thread: Lessons from War of Northern Aggression

LibForestPaul

Lessons from War of Northern Aggression

The War of Northern Aggression proved the following:
    Citizens of States will kill other Citizens, on a mass scale-Burning of Atlanta, Camp Douglas.
    Winners write the history. aka Lincoln a great Emancipator, Civil War.

What are the best examples of the propaganda that pushed Citizens of Northern States to take arms up against the Confederacy?

Best lessons for libertarians and anarcho-capitalists to take away?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thought this was going to be about Canada invading. Sorry.

The moral of the story is if you own property in the South, Yankees will burn it if they can't steal it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The moral of the story is to be on the winning side
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The moral of the story is to be on the winning side
    Stalin won...very difficult to get on his good side though.

Every time I hear or see "the war of northern aggression" I think of this scene from Amistad where John Calhoun speaks to the real issues and moral questions surrounding the imminent Civil War.

So I always read "War of NOrthern Aggression" in a cynical South Carolina accent.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    The War of Northern Aggression proved the following:
    Citizens of States will kill other Citizens, on a mass scale-Burning of Atlanta, Camp Douglas.
    Winners write the history. aka Lincoln a great Emancipator, Civil War.

What are the best examples of the propaganda that pushed Citizens of Northern States to take arms up against the Confederacy?

The idea that the North was fighting to end slavery was a later invention; very few Northerners were interested in abolition at the time, certainly not in dying for it.

The donor class and their lackeys in the Republican party were motivated by simple greed - keep the 'American System' of economic exploitation going.

As for the masses?

Well, many were not too enthusiastic - draft riots, Lincoln nearly lost in 1864.

But some were on board, and to tell you the truth, I don't know what propaganda was used to accomplish that.

I'd imagine much of it focused on Fort Sumter, the (intentionally provoked) first shot of the war, and then fearmongering about the consequences of a Confederate victory.

...the usual 'babies on bayonets' type nonsense.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 11-28-2015 at 03:38 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never trust D.C..

Actually the northern war to keep the union together with any and all force and the southern war to protect an elite classes right to own other individuals wrapped up in patriotic states right war propaganda.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

The best lesson is that Union was a mistake, although I guess the Northern power brokers made out nicely.
    Last edited by Southron; 11-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Actually the northern war to keep the union together with any and all force and the southern war to protect an elite classes right to own other individuals wrapped up in patriotic states right war propaganda.
    Basically this. South Carolina shouldn't have seceded but that doesn't excuse Lincoln's response.
    Stop believing stupid things

Don't lose.