Thread: Turkey warns Putin not to 'play with fire'

Turkey warns Putin not to 'play with fire'

Published November 27, 2015FoxNews.com

Turkey's president Tayyip Erdogan on Friday warned Vladimir Putin not to "play with fire" as their war of words continued to escalate over the downing of a jet.

In a speech broadcast live on television, Erdogan added he does not want to harm relations with Moscow and hopes to meet the Russian President at a climate conference in Paris next week, Reuters reported.

Putin has refused to contact Erdogan because Ankara does not to apologize for the downing of the Russian warplane, Putin aide Yuri Ushakov told Reuters Friday.

"We see Turkey's unwillingness to simply apologize for the incident with the plane," Ushakov told reporters when asked why Putin has refused to talk with Erdogan

The aid said the Kremlin had received a request from Ankara about a meeting in Paris Nov. 30.

On Thursday, Putin again slammed Turkey's explanations for the shoot down near the border with Syria, saying that the warplane's flight details had been passed to the U.S. in advance and should have been known to the Turkish government.

"The American side, which leads the coalition that Turkey belongs to, knew about the location and time of our planes' flights, and we were hit exactly there and at that time," Putin said during a news conference with French President Francois Hollande, during which the two leaders vowed to increase cooperation in the fight against ISIS.

"Why did we pass this information to the Americans?" Putin went on to say. "Either they were not controlling what their allies were doing, or they are leaking this information all over the place."

Turkey has said it shot down the Su-24 bomber Tuesday after it flew into its airspace for 17 seconds despite repeated warnings. Putin dismissed that claim again Thursday, calling the Turkish explanations "rubbish."

"They [our planes] have identification signs and these are well visible," Mr Putin said of the Russian planes before criticizing Turkey again: "Instead of ... ensuring this never happens again, we are hearing unintelligible explanations and statements that there is nothing to apologize about."

Putin said the Ankara government had "thoughtlessly and rudely" destroyed friendly ties between the two countries, and issued a warning to the West despite saying he was still willing to cooperate with the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS in Syria.

"Incidents like the destruction of our aircraft and the deaths of our servicemen... are absolutely unacceptable," Putin said. "And we proceed from the position that there will be no repeat of this, otherwise we'll have no need of cooperation with anybody, any coalition, any country."

continued...http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11...own-by-turkey/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My money's on Putin.

Turkey has a lot more to fear than Russia does, Russia could start supporting the Kurds big time and this civil war might spread to Turkey

it's not like Russia has to fear them sending terrorists to the Caucasus since that has been happening for 20+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Published November 27, 2015FoxNews.com

Turkey's president Tayyip Erdogan on Friday warned Vladimir Putin not to "play with fire" as their war of words continued to escalate over the downing of a jet.

In a speech broadcast live on television, Erdogan added he does not want to harm relations with Moscow and hopes to meet the Russian President at a climate conference in Paris next week, Reuters reported.

Putin has refused to contact Erdogan because Ankara does not to apologize for the downing of the Russian warplane, Putin aide Yuri Ushakov told Reuters Friday.

"We see Turkey's unwillingness to simply apologize for the incident with the plane," Ushakov told reporters when asked why Putin has refused to talk with Erdogan

The aid said the Kremlin had received a request from Ankara about a meeting in Paris Nov. 30.

On Thursday, Putin again slammed Turkey's explanations for the shoot down near the border with Syria, saying that the warplane's flight details had been passed to the U.S. in advance and should have been known to the Turkish government.

"The American side, which leads the coalition that Turkey belongs to, knew about the location and time of our planes' flights, and we were hit exactly there and at that time," Putin said during a news conference with French President Francois Hollande, during which the two leaders vowed to increase cooperation in the fight against ISIS.

"Why did we pass this information to the Americans?" Putin went on to say. "Either they were not controlling what their allies were doing, or they are leaking this information all over the place."

Turkey has said it shot down the Su-24 bomber Tuesday after it flew into its airspace for 17 seconds despite repeated warnings. Putin dismissed that claim again Thursday, calling the Turkish explanations "rubbish."

"They [our planes] have identification signs and these are well visible," Mr Putin said of the Russian planes before criticizing Turkey again: "Instead of ... ensuring this never happens again, we are hearing unintelligible explanations and statements that there is nothing to apologize about."

Putin said the Ankara government had "thoughtlessly and rudely" destroyed friendly ties between the two countries, and issued a warning to the West despite saying he was still willing to cooperate with the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS in Syria.

"Incidents like the destruction of our aircraft and the deaths of our servicemen... are absolutely unacceptable," Putin said. "And we proceed from the position that there will be no repeat of this, otherwise we'll have no need of cooperation with anybody, any coalition, any country."

continued...http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11...own-by-turkey/
    Tayyip Erdogan blinked first:

Turkey 'temporarily' suspends Syria air strikes after Russia spat

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

as strange as it may sound...

I stand with Rand and Vlad.
    and yes, I do find that to be quite a surprise myself.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    My money's on Putin.
    I never was very good at hatin on the Russkies.
    even when I watched "Red Dawn" back in the day...
    I was like WTF?
    why don't we just whup their ass at hockey?
    eh?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Erdogan needs to be checked

I say Russia should just set up a covert war with turkey.....have some so called terrorists just cause a regime change.... the Turkish people better boot their puppet leader as he is bound to get them killed.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I say Russia should just set up a covert war with turkey.....have some so called terrorists just cause a regime change.... the Turkish people better boot their puppet leader as he is bound to get them killed.
    have you looked at a map?
    both turkey and the Ukraine are about in the same position...
    relativisticly.
    China is just to the right..
    ever played "Risk"?

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic