Thread: Silicon Valley professionals are taking LSD at work to increase productivity

Silicon Valley professionals are taking LSD at work to increase productivity

Silicon Valley professionals are taking LSD at work to increase productivity
    An increasing number of twenty-somethings are reportedly 'micro-dosing' on psychedelic drugs - and they say it's making them better workers

By Adam Boult3:35PM GMT 26 Nov 2015

Could taking LSD at work make your more productive?

It seems unlikely, but that’s apparently what some Silicon Valley professionals have been doing - and reporting great results.
    According to Rolling Stone, a growing number of people are experimenting with "microdoses" of psychedelics to help them work.
    A microdose of LSD is around 10-15 micrograms, approximately a tenth of a “normal” dose.

At that dosage, Rolling Stone describes the drug’s effects as “subperceptual”: " 'Enough, says Rick Doblin, founder and executive director of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, ‘to feel a little bit of energy lift, a little bit of insight, but not so much that you are tripping.’”

Psychedelics researcher Dr James Fadiman discussed microdosing with Vice, saying: ‘People do it and they’re eating better, sleeping better, they’re often returning to exercise or yoga or meditation. It’s as if messages are passing through their body more easily.”
    “But what many people are reporting is, at the end of the day, they say, ‘That was a really good day.’ You know, that kind of day when things kind of work.”
    “You’re doing a task you normally couldn’t stand for two hours, but you do it for three or four. You eat properly. Maybe you do one more set of reps. Just a good day. That seems to be what we’re discovering.”

continued...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ductivity.html
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The Grateful Dead fans did gather out there this summer, so the locals had a chance to stock up. How will people buy more next year?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    The Grateful Dead fans did gather out there this summer, so the locals had a chance to stock up. How will people buy more next year?

All the best LSD I've ever gotten came from the bay area.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    All the best LSD I've ever gotten came from the bay area.
    Now we only need to couple it with a clever marketing scheme. ........ Profit!

That's what employers need... machinists manning large equipment on acid...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    No, no, no. These machinists have extremely high IQs and would never fall for something as trivial as this.

Ok,, it has been years.. But that micro dose would be so light as to be barely noticeable..

LSD is some interesting stuff,, originally used for breaking addiction.
    CIA experimented with it,, but it was a failure for their purposes.

I like a much higher dose.. I just start feeling a little at 100 m,, I like 2000m

Most done 4500m,, but that was intense.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There could definitely be something to this IMO. There is a shift in perception that allows one to see reality from a position that is indeed "outside of the box".
    It's been many years now but my experiences in exploring this area, was most profound with salvia divinorum.
    Now that stuff is extremely odd...and takes the mind to a place that is literally "somewhere, over the rainbow"...
    Actually, I believe it is in the void between life and death to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    There could definitely be something to this IMO. There is a shift in perception that allows one to see reality from a position that is indeed "outside of the box".
    It's been many years now but my experiences in exploring this area, was most profound with salvia divinorum.
    Now that stuff is extremely odd...and takes the mind to a place that is literally "somewhere, over the rainbow"...
    Actually, I believe it is in the void between life and death to be honest.
    For me, that void was the same one that I was in when I was placed on a heart lung by pass machine a few years ago.

I know what "salvia gravity" is too...

This reads like one of those, "Controversial new smart-drug is so good it raises ethical questions" advertising articles.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Clearly what we need is people like you who have no comprehension of the subject telling other people what they should do.