Thread: Anybody else starting to get sick of Trump's BS or is it just me?

Chester Copperpot

Anybody else starting to get sick of Trump's BS or is it just me?

You guys know Im for Rand.. he's getting my vote.... but generally speaking Im okay with any doctor or businessman in govt. So I decided awhile back that should a doctor or businessman get the nomination, I would vote for whomever.. Theres no way in hell Id ever vote for Hillary.

But recently Im starting to just get sick of Trump's nonsense.. So far it seems everything he's doing is just for attention.. For the ratings.. mass consumption... all sizzle and no steak. And he's selling the $#@! out of the sizzle for sure... But I think we're at the point where we want hard facts... We want policy ideas.

The first person I ever voted for in my life was Ross Perot back in 1992... Ross Perot brought facts... Every week just about he ran 30 minute infomercials on prime-time television with flipcharts, explaining facts and math and economics to people... There was a real substance to it. A real purposeful conversation where you knew the guy was really interested in explaining to America his ideas and vision... With Trump there is absolutely no substance....

I know Trump has some good sounding rhetoric. But so did GWB... and so did Obama. Are we purposely being set up to fail with Trump?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you're only starting to get sick of it...then yes, it may just be you.

I avoid TV so most of my exposure to Trump mania happens here at RPF. Things are going to keep getting more exciting, since he will either collapse or become the worst possible major party candidate.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Nope. Long time ago.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The right wing media is covering for him. His mocking of a disabled reporter is being blasted on every single left wing news outlet. While it quickly disappeared from Drudge and Breitbart...etc.

This really is the secret to his campaign: media. They are all working for him. I think partially it's do to his close relationships with media executives.

Who's BS doesn't get you sick?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    I avoid TV so most of my exposure to Trump mania happens here at RPF. Things are going to keep getting more exciting, since he will either collapse or become the worst possible major party candidate.
    Same here, no Tee-Vee.....

Trump's job is to suck up all the time leading up to the primaries so no substantive talk of issues comes up, only "news" about Trump's latest antics. Kills time for Hillary, makes a mess of the GOP primary season when people want solutions to ECONOMIC issues, keeps Rand from standing out too much as the sensible candidate, etc. The media is clearly helping him doing it and we know who the media is in the tank for.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I am sick of the people that are unable to discuss Trump or other candidates for that matter without completely losing their $#@!.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I've thought Trump was a clown ever since he was cavorting with the Clinton's in the 90's and supporting single payer health care.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am sick of the people that are unable to discuss Trump or other candidates for that matter without completely losing their $#@!.
    I'll discuss him all day long. He's an authoritarian, and the reason that he's doing so well in the polls is because most Republicans are authoritarians as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I'll discuss him all day long. He's an authoritarian, and the reason that he's doing so well in the polls is because most Republicans are authoritarians as well.
    As opposed to you and the other open borders commies, eh?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    As opposed to you and the other open borders commies, eh?
    I don't support open borders. I keep telling you that. I support private property, which all of us here should. You know I'm not a "commie", so why would you even say that?