Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comment By a Trump Supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Sounds about right. Someone who does nothing but stay at home and play video games all day is indeed a loser.
    Professional gamers, twitch streamers, game youtube channels, game reviewers, game news/media, QA professionals, in-house alpha/beta testers all get paid for playing games throughout much of their typical day.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Professional gamers, twitch streamers, game youtube channels, game reviewers, game news/media, QA professionals, in-house alpha/beta testers all get paid for playing games throughout much of their typical day.
    I don't even want to think about how rich PewDiePie is.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're only a loser if your preferred leisure activity, whatever it may be, negatively impacts your life otherwise.
    For example if you cannot hold down a job, get good grades, or maintain your health due to gaming habits then perhaps you are a loser. But I would disagree that one is a loser for prioritizing one leisure activity (like gaming) over another (like going out to a bar and socializing or something).

I don't find much enjoyment in games anymore, but if someone does then I see no reason they should refrain from doing what they enjoy just because they are worried what some random idiot thinks about them.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I don't even want to think about how rich PewDiePie is.
    Around 70 million last I read.

He is a unique situation.

I am talking about losers who live with mommy and daddy and play video games all day.

Sounds about right. Someone who does nothing but stay at home and play video games all day is indeed a loser.
    They are a loser if that is not what they want to be doing.

But if it is, they are bending the system to their advantage and #winning!
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I play video games actually... does that make me a...?

Around 70 million last I read.

He is a unique situation.

I am talking about losers who live with mommy and daddy and play video games all day.
    I live with my mom, but we are more a Mediterranean style household as opposed to the middle class WASPy kick your kids out at 18 type of household.

And then you have people like my 21 year old step son who have no job, have every game console and 4 televisions running in their room 24/7, causing my electric bill to be $500+ every month and not contributing. He lives, breathes video games. He only leaves his room to eat all or food while his games are loading.

That's a loser.
    No job and no contribution to the household? Four televisions and multiple game consoles? Who paid for those?
    I don't know you from Adam, and perhaps there are circumstances of which I am not aware.
    But based solely on your post, and if that behavior is allowed to continue unchallenged, then one might have reason to suspect that there is more than one "loser" living under your roof.
    There is no way I would tolerate that behavior from an adult living in my home.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    No job and no contribution to the household? Four televisions and multiple game consoles? Who paid for those?
    I don't know you from Adam, and perhaps there are circumstances of which I am not aware.
    But based solely on your post, and if that behavior is allowed to continue unchallenged, then one might have reason to suspect that there is more than one "loser" living under your roof.

Call CPS!
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Grandparents spoil him. Buy him all his $#@!.

I have threatened to kick him out and his grandparents told me they would raise hell if I did. Unfortunately they are connected pretty well politically. I actually had the cops tell me that would arrest me if I threw him (a 21 year old that doesn't pay rent) out of my house I legally own.

Yeah.

Grandparents spoil him. Buy him all his $#@!.

I have threatened to kick him out and his grandparents told me they would raise hell if I did. Unfortunately they are connected pretty well politically. I actually had the cops tell me that would arrest me if I threw him (a 21 year old that doesn't pay rent) out of my house I legally own.

Yeah.
    Why don't you have him practice for the Madden Challenge where he can win $100,000?

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9...1-million-2013
    Last edited by dude58677; 11-27-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12