Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Thanks for this. Listened to some of it.

But thanks because now I know via click through who sings this song, and what it's called for that matter.

I love Arlo's City of New Orleans!
    Reminds me of my sweetie riding the great Seaboard out of San Luis Obsipo, a block from her home in her younger days. With a silver plated double barrel derringer and a first class VIP rail pass to take her where ever the line ran. Through New O., the badlands, the southern border, to Hamlet NC. Life was good.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanksgiving is a pagan ritual that no real Reformed Christian should ever celebrate.

Think about it, where does Jesus talk about celebrate thanksgiving in the Bible? NOWHERE!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    My knees are killing me from open mats last week. I grappled in a 25 minute spar with an ex-IU football lineman who outweighed me by at least 50 pounds. He was a blue belt too! I couldn't walk the next day. I swept him and took his back, and I think that made him angry so he took it out on me...haha.

We have open mats every Friday and Saturday. I've made every one of them since I started.
    Cool story, bro! Blue belt is first kyu in BJJ, right? (first grade above white belt) IDK as much about that as I do the Japanese/Okinawan MAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dog View Post
    Thanksgiving is a pagan ritual that no real Reformed Christian should ever celebrate.

Think about it, where does Jesus talk about celebrate thanksgiving in the Bible? NOWHERE!
    I see where you're going, but it's not the same. There is no worship required for this day as opposed to any other day. I give thanks every single day for what the Lord has granted to me, good and bad.

The "Christ Mass" is exactly a holy day that requires special worship which is not commanded in the Bible.

Best Thanksgivings ever!

"Class Up Your Thanksgiving With This McDonald’s Big Mac Sushi"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Cool story, bro! Blue belt is first kyu in BJJ, right? (first grade above white belt) IDK as much about that as I do the Japanese/Okinawan MAs.
    Yes. It's white, blue, purple, brown, and black in bjj.

The "Christ Mass" is exactly a holy day that requires special worship which is not commanded in the Bible.
    You don't celebrate Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I ate and drank so much today I feel drunk and pregnant.
    You can too serve Chillable Red with turkey.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

You don't celebrate Christmas?
    No. No Christian can. The Mass is an abomination.

Matt tackles Thanksgiving in his weekly "get drunk and complain about things" video series Whine About It.

How to win at Thankgsiving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ty9Hle3gL8

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't like "rules"...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Happy Thanksgiving (actually Friday here) from around the corner from my apartment.
    https://scontent-nrt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...af&oe=56F91D9C

The Average Thanksgiving Dinner Packs a Punch:4,000 Calories.

http://wncy.com/blogs/food-drinks/84...-thanksgiving/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

awesome Chicago parade.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

What does Mass have to do with celebrating Christmas (the feast celebrating the birth of Jesus)?

Well stuffed,,large bunch in small house (for the crowd)

a few to many giggles and red hair,,, not my usual crowd.

Lots to be thankful for.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Wouldn't we all be better off if we tried to make every day a little more like thanksgiving?

What does Mass have to do with celebrating Christmas (the feast celebrating the birth of Jesus)?
    Just the way Roman Catholics traditionally celebrate. Modern militant anti-Catholics like to forget that Christmas is part of the Reformed tradition as well. It tends to be sour grapes WRT Rome and the Papacy.

ETA: I don't celebrate "Christmas" myself, and neither do any other Orthodox Christians I know of. I celebrate Nativity.

Reformation to the 18th century

Following the Protestant Reformation, many of the new denominations, including the Anglican Church and Lutheran Church, continued to celebrate Christmas.[94] In 1629, the Anglican poet John Milton penned On the Morning of Christ's Nativity, a poem that has since been read by many during Christmastide.[95][96] Donald Heinz, a professor at California State University, states that Martin Luther "inaugurated a period in which Germany would produce a unique culture of Christmas, much copied in North America."[97] Among the congregations of the Dutch Reformed Church, Christmas was celebrated as one of the principal evangelical feasts.[98]

However, in 17th century England, some groups such as the Puritans, strongly condemned the celebration of Christmas, considering it a Catholic invention and the "trappings of popery" or the "rags of the Beast".[59] In contrast, the established Anglican Church "pressed for a more elaborate observance of feasts, penitential seasons, and saints' days. The calendar reform became a major point of tension between the Anglican party and the Puritan party."[99] The Catholic Church also responded, promoting the festival in a more religiously oriented form. King Charles I of England directed his noblemen and gentry to return to their landed estates in midwinter to keep up their old-style Christmas generosity.[92] Following the Parliamentarian victory over Charles I during the English Civil War, England's Puritan rulers banned Christmas in 1647.[59][100]
    Protests followed as pro-Christmas rioting broke out in several cities and for weeks Canterbury was controlled by the rioters, who decorated doorways with holly and shouted royalist slogans.[59] The book, The Vindication of Christmas (London, 1652), argued against the Puritans, and makes note of Old English Christmas traditions, dinner, roast apples on the fire, card playing, dances with "plow-boys" and "maidservants", old Father Christmas and carol singing.[101]

The Restoration of King Charles II in 1660 ended the ban, but many Calvinist clergymen still disapproved of Christmas celebration. As such, in Scotland, the Presbyterian Church of Scotland discouraged the observance of Christmas, and though James VI commanded its celebration in 1618, attendance at church was scant.[102] The Parliament of Scotland officially abolished the observance of Christmas in 1640, claiming that the church had been "purged of all superstitious observation of days".[103] It was not until 1958 that Christmas again became a Scottish public holiday.[104]

Following the Restoration of Charles II, Poor Robin's Almanack contained the lines: "Now thanks to God for Charles return, / Whose absence made old Christmas mourn. / For then we scarcely did it know, / Whether it Christmas were or no."[105] The diary of James Woodforde, from the latter half of the 18th century, details the observance of Christmas and celebrations associated with the season over a number of years.[106]
    In Colonial America, the Puritans of New England shared radical Protestant disapproval of Christmas. Celebration was outlawed in Boston from 1659 to 1681. The ban by the Pilgrims was revoked in 1681 by English governor Edmund Andros, however it was not until the mid-19th century that celebrating Christmas became fashionable in the Boston region.[60]
    At the same time, Christian residents of Virginia and New York observed the holiday freely. Pennsylvania German Settlers, pre-eminently the Moravian settlers of Bethlehem, Nazareth and Lititz in Pennsylvania and the Wachovia Settlements in North Carolina, were enthusiastic celebrators of Christmas. The Moravians in Bethlehem had the first Christmas trees in America as well as the first Nativity Scenes.[107] Christmas fell out of favor in the United States after the American Revolution, when it was considered an English custom.[108] George Washington attacked Hessian (German) mercenaries on the day after Christmas during the Battle of Trenton on December 26, 1776, Christmas being much more popular in Germany than in America at this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...cember_25_date
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 11-26-2015 at 09:54 PM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    I love Arlo's City of New Orleans!
    Reminds me of my sweetie riding the great Seaboard out of San Luis Obsipo, a block from her home in her younger days. With a silver plated double barrel derringer and a first class VIP rail pass to take her where ever the line ran. Through New O., the badlands, the southern border, to Hamlet NC. Life was good.
    Awesome train trip.

I went Anthrax on the Crescent, NOLA to NYC via Birmingham, Atlanta, Richmond, DC, Philly and Newark.

And don't forget, Arlo is a Ron Paul man!

He endorsed Texas Congressman Ron Paul for the 2008 Republican Party nomination, and said, "I love this guy. Dr. Paul is the only candidate I know of who would have signed the Constitution of the United States had he been there. I'm with him, because he seems to be the only candidate who actually believes it has as much relevance today as it did a couple of hundred years ago. I look forward to the day when we can work out the differences we have with the same revolutionary vision and enthusiasm that is our American legacy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlo_Guthrie

Stop it, just...stop.

OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Stop it, just...stop.

OK?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.
    :/ Sorry, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I ate and drank so much today I feel drunk and pregnant.
    That is how I feel I always imagined you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Arlo Guthrie – Alice's Restaurant Lyrics
    [CHORUS:]
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant
    Walk right in, it's around the back
    Just a half a mile from the railroad track
    [RECITATION:]
    This song is called "Alice's Restaurant." It's about Alice, and the
    Restaurant, but "Alice's Restaurant" is not the name of the restaurant,
    That's just the name of the song. That's why I call the song "Alice's
    Restaurant."

Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago... two years ago, on Thanksgiving,
    When my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the restaurant.

But Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the church nearby the
    Restaurant, in the bell tower with her husband Ray and Facha, the dog.

And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of room downstairs
    Where the pews used to be, and havin' all that room (seein' as how they took
    Out all the pews), they decided that they didn't have to take out their
    Garbage for a long time.

We got up here and found all the garbage in there and we decided that it'd
    Be a friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump.

So we took the half-a-ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW
    Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and headed
    On toward the city dump. Well, we got there and there was a big sign and a
    Chain across the dump sayin', "This dump is closed on Thanksgiving," and
    We'd never heard of a dump closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in
    Our eyes, we drove off into the sunset lookin' for another place to put the
    Garbage.

We didn't find one till we came to a side road, and off the side of the side
    Road was another fifteen-foot cliff, and at the bottom of the cliff was
    Another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile was better than
    Two little piles, and rather than bring that one up, we decided to throw
    Ours down. That's what we did.

Drove back to the church, had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat,
    Went to sleep, and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone
    Call from Officer Obie. He said, "Kid, we found your name on a envelope at
    The bottom of a half a ton of garbage and I just wanted to know if you had
    Any information about it."

And I said, "Yes sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope
    Under that garbage." After speakin' to Obie for about forty-five minutes on
    The telephone, we finally arrived at the truth of the matter and he said
    That we had to go down and pick up the garbage, and also had to go down and
    Speak to him at the Police Officer Station. So we got in the red VW microbus
    With the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed on
    Toward the Police Officer Station.

Now, friends, there was only one of two things that Obie could've done at
    The Police Officer Station, and the first was that he could've given us a
    Medal for bein' so brave and honest on the telephone (which wasn't very
    Likely, and we didn't expect it), and the other thing was that he could've
    Bawled us out and told us never to be seen drivin' garbage around in the
    Vicinity again, which is what we expected.

But when we got to the Police Officer Station, there was a third possibility
    That we hadn't even counted upon, and we was both immediately arrested,
    Handcuffed, and I said, "Obie, I can't pick up the garbage with these here
    Handcuffs on." He said: "Shut up kid, and get in the back of the patrol
    Car."

And that's what we did . . . sat in the back of the patrol car, and drove to
    The quote scene of the crime unquote.

I want to tell you 'bout the town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts, where this is
    Happenin'. They got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police
    Car, but when we got to the scene of the crime, there was five police
    Officers and three police cars, bein' the biggest crime of the last fifty
    Years and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it.

And they was usin' up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hangin'
    Around the Police Officer Station. They was takin' plaster tire tracks,
    Footprints, dog-smellin' prints and they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored
    Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
    Each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us.
    Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the
    Southwest corner . . .
    And that's not to mention the aerial photography!

After the ordeal, we went back to the jail. Obie said he was gonna put us in
    A cell.

He said: "Kid, I'm gonna put you in a cell. I want your wallet and your
    Belt."
    I said, "Obie, I can understand your wantin' my wallet, so I don't have any
    Money to spend in the cell, but what do you want my belt for?" and he said,
    "Kid, we don't want any hangin's." I said, "Obie, did you think I was gonna
    Hang myself for litterin'?"

Obie said he was makin' sure, and, friends, Obie was, 'cause he took out the
    Toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and drown, and he took
    Out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars, roll the toilet paper out
    The window, slide down the roll and have an escape. Obie was makin' sure.

It was about four or five hours later that Alice--(remember Alice? There's a
    Song about Alice.)--Alice came by and, with a few nasty words to Obie on the
    Side, bailed us out of jail, and we went back to the church, had another
    Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, and didn't get up until the next
    Morning, when we all had to go to court. We walked in, sat down, Obie came
    In with the twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and
    Arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, sat down.

Man came in, said, "All rise!" We all stood up, and Obie stood up with the
    Twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures, and the judge walked in, sat
    Down, with a seein' eye dog and he sat down. We sat down.

Obie looked at the seein' eye dog . . . then at the twenty-seven 8 x 10
    Colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the
    Back of each one . . . and looked at the seein' eye dog . . . and then at
    The twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows
    And a paragraph on the back of each on and began to cry.

Because Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American
    Blind justice, and there wasn't nothin' he could do about it, and the judge
    Wasn't gonna look at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with
    The circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin'
    What each one was, to be used as evidence against us.

And we was fined fifty dollars and had to pick up the garbage... in the
    Snow.

But that's not what I'm here to tell you about.
    I'm here to talk about the draft.
    They got a buildin' down in New York City called Whitehall Street, where you
    Walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected and
    Selected!

I went down and got my physical examination one day, and I walked in, sat
    Down (got good and drunk the night before, so I looked and felt my best when
    I went in that morning, 'cause I wanted to look like the All-American Kid
    From New York City. I wanted to feel like . . . I wanted to be the
    All-American Kid from New York), and I walked in, sat down, I was hung down,
    Brung down, hung up and all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things.

And I walked in, I sat down, they gave me a piece of paper that said: "Kid,
    See the psychiatrist in room 604."

I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I want to kill! I want to see
    Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies! I
    Mean: Kill. Kill!"

And I started jumpin' up and down, yellin' "KILL! KILL!" and he started
    Jumpin' up and down with me, and we was both jumpin' up and down, yellin',
    "KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!" and the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me,
    Sent me down the hall, said "You're our boy". Didn't feel too good about it.

Proceeded down the hall, gettin' more injections, inspections, detections,
    Neglections, and all kinds of stuff that they was doin' to me at the thing
    There, and I was there for two hours... three hours... four hours... I was
    There for a long time goin' through all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things,
    And I was just havin' a tough time there, and they was inspectin',
    Injectin', every single part of me, and they was leavin' no part untouched!

Proceeded through, and I finally came to see the very last man. I walked in,
    Sat down, after a whole big thing there. I walked up, and I said, "What do
    You want?" He said, "Kid, we only got one question: Have you ever been
    Arrested?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of Alice's Restaurant Massacree with
    Full orchestration and five-part harmony and stuff like that, and other
    Phenomenon.

He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, have you ever been to court?" And
    I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy
    Pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
    . . .

He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want you to go over and sit down
    On that bench that says 'Group W'."

And I walked over to the bench there, and there's... Group W is where they
    Put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committin'
    Your special crime.

There was all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly-lookin' people on the bench there .
    . . there was mother-rapers . . . father-stabbers . . . father-rapers!
    FATHER-RAPERS sittin' right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean
    And nasty and ugly and horrible and crime fightin' guys were sittin' there
    On the bench, and the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one . . . the meanest
    Father-raper of them all . . . was comin' over to me, and he was mean and
    Ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things, and he sat down next to
    Me. He said, "Kid, what'd you get?"

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the
    Garbage."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "Litterin'"' . . . .
    And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball
    And all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance .
    . . " And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the
    Bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', . . . all kinds
    Of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was
    Fine.

We was smokin' cigarettes and all kinds of things, until the sergeant came
    Over, had some paper in his hand, held it up and said:
    "KIDSTHISPIECEOFPAPERSGOTFOURTYSVENPAGESTHIRTYSEVE NSENTENCES
    FIFTYEIGHTWORDSWEWANTTOKNOWTHEDETAILSOFTHECRIMETHE TIMEOFTHE
    CRIMEANDANYOTHERKINDOFTHINGYOUGOTTOSAYPERTAININGTO ANDABOUTTHE
    CRIMEWEWANTTOKNOWTHEARRESTINGOFFICERSNAMEANDANYOTH ERTHINGYOUGOTTOSAY
    . . ."

And he talked for forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he
    Said.

But we had fun fillin' out the forms and playin' with the pencils on the
    Bench there.

I filled out the Massacree with the four-part harmony. Wrote it down there
    Just like it was and everything was fine. And I put down my pencil, and I
    Turned over the piece of paper, and there . . . on the other side . . . in
    The middle of the other side . . . away from everything else on the other
    Side . . . in parentheses . . . capital letters . . . quotated . . . read
    The following words: "Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

I went over to the sergeant. Said, "Sergeant, you got a lot of god-damned
    Gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself! I mean . . . I mean . . . I
    Mean that you send . . . I'm sittin' here on the bench . . . I mean I'm
    Sittin' here on the Group W bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm moral
    Enough to join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' a
    Litterbug."

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send
    Your fingerprints off to Washington"!

And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a
    Study in black and white of my fingerprints.

And the only reason I'm singin' you the song now is 'cause you may know
    Somebody in a similar situation.

Or you may be in a similar situation, and if you're in a situation like
    That, there's only one thing you can do:

Walk into the shrink wherever you are, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . you
    Can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, does it, they may think he's
    Really sick and they won't take him.

And if two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both fa g g ots and
    They won't take either of them.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people walkin' in, singin'
    A bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? They may think it's an
    Organization!

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . . .
    Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? Friends,
    They may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE ALICE'S
    RESTAURANT ANTI-MASSACREE MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is to
    Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.

With feelin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Arlo Guthrie – Alice's Restaurant Lyrics
    [CHORUS:]
    Walk right in, it's around the back
    Just a half a mile from the railroad track
    [RECITATION:]
    This song is called "Alice's Restaurant." It's about Alice, and the
    Restaurant, but "Alice's Restaurant" is not the name of the restaurant,
    That's just the name of the song. That's why I call the song "Alice's
    Restaurant."

Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago... two years ago, on Thanksgiving,
    When my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the restaurant.

But Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the church nearby the
    Restaurant, in the bell tower with her husband Ray and Facha, the dog.

And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of room downstairs
    Where the pews used to be, and havin' all that room (seein' as how they took
    Out all the pews), they decided that they didn't have to take out their
    Garbage for a long time.

We got up here and found all the garbage in there and we decided that it'd
    Be a friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump.

So we took the half-a-ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW
    Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and headed
    On toward the city dump. Well, we got there and there was a big sign and a
    Chain across the dump sayin', "This dump is closed on Thanksgiving," and
    We'd never heard of a dump closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in
    Our eyes, we drove off into the sunset lookin' for another place to put the
    Garbage.

We didn't find one till we came to a side road, and off the side of the side
    Road was another fifteen-foot cliff, and at the bottom of the cliff was
    Another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile was better than
    Two little piles, and rather than bring that one up, we decided to throw
    Ours down. That's what we did.

Drove back to the church, had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat,
    Went to sleep, and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone
    Call from Officer Obie. He said, "Kid, we found your name on a envelope at
    The bottom of a half a ton of garbage and I just wanted to know if you had
    Any information about it."

And I said, "Yes sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope
    Under that garbage." After speakin' to Obie for about forty-five minutes on
    The telephone, we finally arrived at the truth of the matter and he said
    That we had to go down and pick up the garbage, and also had to go down and
    Speak to him at the Police Officer Station. So we got in the red VW microbus
    With the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed on
    Toward the Police Officer Station.

Now, friends, there was only one of two things that Obie could've done at
    The Police Officer Station, and the first was that he could've given us a
    Medal for bein' so brave and honest on the telephone (which wasn't very
    Likely, and we didn't expect it), and the other thing was that he could've
    Bawled us out and told us never to be seen drivin' garbage around in the
    Vicinity again, which is what we expected.

But when we got to the Police Officer Station, there was a third possibility
    That we hadn't even counted upon, and we was both immediately arrested,
    Handcuffed, and I said, "Obie, I can't pick up the garbage with these here
    Handcuffs on." He said: "Shut up kid, and get in the back of the patrol
    Car."

And that's what we did . . . sat in the back of the patrol car, and drove to
    The quote scene of the crime unquote.

I want to tell you 'bout the town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts, where this is
    Happenin'. They got three stop signs, two police officers, and one police
    Car, but when we got to the scene of the crime, there was five police
    Officers and three police cars, bein' the biggest crime of the last fifty
    Years and everybody wanted to get in the newspaper story about it.

And they was usin' up all kinds of cop equipment that they had hangin'
    Around the Police Officer Station. They was takin' plaster tire tracks,
    Footprints, dog-smellin' prints and they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored
    Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of
    Each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us.
    Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the
    Southwest corner . . .
    And that's not to mention the aerial photography!

After the ordeal, we went back to the jail. Obie said he was gonna put us in
    A cell.

He said: "Kid, I'm gonna put you in a cell. I want your wallet and your
    Belt."
    I said, "Obie, I can understand your wantin' my wallet, so I don't have any
    Money to spend in the cell, but what do you want my belt for?" and he said,
    "Kid, we don't want any hangin's." I said, "Obie, did you think I was gonna
    Hang myself for litterin'?"

Obie said he was makin' sure, and, friends, Obie was, 'cause he took out the
    Toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and drown, and he took
    Out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars, roll the toilet paper out
    The window, slide down the roll and have an escape. Obie was makin' sure.

It was about four or five hours later that Alice--(remember Alice? There's a
    Song about Alice.)--Alice came by and, with a few nasty words to Obie on the
    Side, bailed us out of jail, and we went back to the church, had another
    Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat, and didn't get up until the next
    Morning, when we all had to go to court. We walked in, sat down, Obie came
    In with the twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and
    Arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, sat down.

Man came in, said, "All rise!" We all stood up, and Obie stood up with the
    Twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures, and the judge walked in, sat
    Down, with a seein' eye dog and he sat down. We sat down.

Obie looked at the seein' eye dog . . . then at the twenty-seven 8 x 10
    Colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the
    Back of each one . . . and looked at the seein' eye dog . . . and then at
    The twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows
    And a paragraph on the back of each on and began to cry.

Because Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American
    Blind justice, and there wasn't nothin' he could do about it, and the judge
    Wasn't gonna look at the twenty-seven 8 by 10 colored glossy pictures with
    The circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin'
    What each one was, to be used as evidence against us.

And we was fined fifty dollars and had to pick up the garbage... in the
    Snow.

But that's not what I'm here to tell you about.
    I'm here to talk about the draft.
    They got a buildin' down in New York City called Whitehall Street, where you
    Walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected and
    Selected!

I went down and got my physical examination one day, and I walked in, sat
    Down (got good and drunk the night before, so I looked and felt my best when
    I went in that morning, 'cause I wanted to look like the All-American Kid
    From New York City. I wanted to feel like . . . I wanted to be the
    All-American Kid from New York), and I walked in, sat down, I was hung down,
    Brung down, hung up and all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things.

And I walked in, I sat down, they gave me a piece of paper that said: "Kid,
    See the psychiatrist in room 604."

I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I want to kill! I want to see
    Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies! I
    Mean: Kill. Kill!"

And I started jumpin' up and down, yellin' "KILL! KILL!" and he started
    Jumpin' up and down with me, and we was both jumpin' up and down, yellin',
    "KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!" and the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me,
    Sent me down the hall, said "You're our boy". Didn't feel too good about it.

Proceeded down the hall, gettin' more injections, inspections, detections,
    Neglections, and all kinds of stuff that they was doin' to me at the thing
    There, and I was there for two hours... three hours... four hours... I was
    There for a long time goin' through all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly things,
    And I was just havin' a tough time there, and they was inspectin',
    Injectin', every single part of me, and they was leavin' no part untouched!

Proceeded through, and I finally came to see the very last man. I walked in,
    Sat down, after a whole big thing there. I walked up, and I said, "What do
    You want?" He said, "Kid, we only got one question: Have you ever been
    Arrested?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of Alice's Restaurant Massacree with
    Full orchestration and five-part harmony and stuff like that, and other
    Phenomenon.

He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, have you ever been to court?" And
    I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy
    Pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one
    . . .

He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want you to go over and sit down
    On that bench that says 'Group W'."

And I walked over to the bench there, and there's... Group W is where they
    Put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committin'
    Your special crime.

There was all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly-lookin' people on the bench there .
    . . there was mother-rapers . . . father-stabbers . . . father-rapers!
    FATHER-RAPERS sittin' right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean
    And nasty and ugly and horrible and crime fightin' guys were sittin' there
    On the bench, and the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one . . . the meanest
    Father-raper of them all . . . was comin' over to me, and he was mean and
    Ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things, and he sat down next to
    Me. He said, "Kid, what'd you get?"

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the
    Garbage."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "Litterin'"' . . . .
    And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball
    And all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance .
    . . " And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the
    Bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', . . . all kinds
    Of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was
    Fine.

We was smokin' cigarettes and all kinds of things, until the sergeant came
    Over, had some paper in his hand, held it up and said:
    "KIDSTHISPIECEOFPAPERSGOTFOURTYSVENPAGESTHIRTYSEVE NSENTENCES
    FIFTYEIGHTWORDSWEWANTTOKNOWTHEDETAILSOFTHECRIMETHE TIMEOFTHE
    CRIMEANDANYOTHERKINDOFTHINGYOUGOTTOSAYPERTAININGTO ANDABOUTTHE
    CRIMEWEWANTTOKNOWTHEARRESTINGOFFICERSNAMEANDANYOTH ERTHINGYOUGOTTOSAY
    . . ."

And he talked for forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he
    Said.

But we had fun fillin' out the forms and playin' with the pencils on the
    Bench there.

I filled out the Massacree with the four-part harmony. Wrote it down there
    Just like it was and everything was fine. And I put down my pencil, and I
    Turned over the piece of paper, and there . . . on the other side . . . in
    The middle of the other side . . . away from everything else on the other
    Side . . . in parentheses . . . capital letters . . . quotated . . . read
    The following words: "Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

I went over to the sergeant. Said, "Sergeant, you got a lot of god-damned
    Gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself! I mean . . . I mean . . . I
    Mean that you send . . . I'm sittin' here on the bench . . . I mean I'm
    Sittin' here on the Group W bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm moral
    Enough to join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' a
    Litterbug."

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send
    Your fingerprints off to Washington"!

And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a
    Study in black and white of my fingerprints.

And the only reason I'm singin' you the song now is 'cause you may know
    Somebody in a similar situation.

Or you may be in a similar situation, and if you're in a situation like
    That, there's only one thing you can do:

Walk into the shrink wherever you are, just walk in, say, "Shrink, . . . you
    Can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant", and walk out.

You know, if one person, just one person, does it, they may think he's
    Really sick and they won't take him.

And if two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both fa g g ots and
    They won't take either of them.

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people walkin' in, singin'
    A bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? They may think it's an
    Organization!

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . . .
    Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? Friends,
    They may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE ALICE'S
    RESTAURANT ANTI-MASSACREE MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is to
    Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.

With feelin'.
    Our son who is 21 and enrolled at Ole Miss is probably one of the few kids his age that knows these lyrics. When he was in H.S. and I would drive him to school every day (about 20 minute drive) we would listen to old songs and this is always one of my favorites. We would sing the songs together and he always had fun with this one. I know he hasn't listened to it in years but I guarantee he can join right in if he hears it today...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I see where you're going, but it's not the same. There is no worship required for this day as opposed to any other day. I give thanks every single day for what the Lord has granted to me, good and bad.

I understand your point,,however.. I do celebrate Christmas though am often disappointed in the direction it has taken..

I know and understand the pagan roots and that Christ was not actually born on that day., but I recognize the significance of The Creator of All that is being born into the world ,, and living among those he made as one of them.

and this is the time that the event is recognized world wide
    I Celebrate it to remind folks that it ain't about Santa Clause and glitter.

Thanksgiving should be continual,, but a secular day of Thanksgiving is cool.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The Average Thanksgiving Dinner Packs a Punch:4,000 Calories.

http://wncy.com/blogs/food-drinks/84...-thanksgiving/
    I am above average

Happy Thanksgiving ! I am working on about the third in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving ! I am working on about the third in the past week.
    Did you invite any pilgrims refugees over?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did you invite any pilgrims refugees over?
    Negative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast